• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

non-beaded understable Mid ?

Ahh thanks for finally giving me a name to call that stuff. Is it frowned upon if I go skip a disc in a parking lot a few times to remove the flash on the bottom? I've seen people on here get upset over sanding discs so I'm curious where the line is drawn.

Flash is a molding imperfection/mistake. No one designs discs with flash, so removing is not considered a post production modification any more than removing a metal Discraft weight sticker. I just used the adjective "sanding", I wasn't actually talking about sandpaper. I use a microfiber towel. Anything you can do to a disc with A TOWEL is going to be tough for even the biggest rule Nazi to argue against.:thmbup: Though I think using an exacto knife, sandpaper, or metal file is still fine as the flash is an unintended by-product of injection molding.

IMO get an EliteX Buzzz and beat it up. They are the best buzzzes, learn to hyzer flip them and you'll probably never throw the flx buzzz again.

Then the SSs are coming out less stable now...The heavy McCabe ones I threw did not have high speed turn under 300'. Even the older, less stable SSs I used were not very understable and had to be thrown hard to turn. I also found them more like to fade out on touch shots than a Buzzz because the SS is slightly faster. Perhaps Discraft has made an effort to make them less stable...

I'll agree with discspeed on this one. The SS I have turns over at power but does have enough to come out of it. Mine has less fade than my Z Buzzz though, so it would hold a touch line slightly better. Then again, I always use X Buzzz for touch so my experience is limited in that category.

Pretty much when i carried Z Buzzz, Z Buzzz SS, and X Buzzz - I used the Z Buzzz for fade shots, SS for straight to late turnover, and X for everything else. I've since taken out the Z's and use only X Buzzz and Rocs

Last edited:
Flying Squirrel

Thanks for having a Flying Squirrel in your bag pspunch. Without sounding biased, I think the Flying Squirrel is one of the best kept disc golf secrets as disc golf discs go.

If an understable midrange without a bead is what you are desiring, you will be satisfied with this disc. I get so many emails from people loving the disc and the plastic. Although we are still new to the disc golf manufacturing fraternity, we are in this for the long haul and will continue to make top notch discs.

We just molded out first Platinum disc and it is the Flying Squirrel. It should be available in a few weeks. Oh is it sweet! Plus I got an ace with one while playing with two of my children. Life is good!

Have a great day! Practice your putting!

Dan Pastore

Thanks for having a Flying Squirrel in your bag pspunch. Without sounding biased, I think the Flying Squirrel is one of the best kept disc golf secrets as disc golf discs go.

If an understable midrange without a bead is what you are desiring, you will be satisfied with this disc. I get so many emails from people loving the disc and the plastic. Although we are still new to the disc golf manufacturing fraternity, we are in this for the long haul and will continue to make top notch discs.

We just molded out first Platinum disc and it is the Flying Squirrel. It should be available in a few weeks. Oh is it sweet! Plus I got an ace with one while playing with two of my children. Life is good!

Have a great day! Practice your putting!

Dan Pastore

Dan what is this "platinum" plastic you speak of??? :popcorn: