• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob friendly DG Primer, sticky worthy?

noob friendly DG Primer, sticky worthy?

• Yep

Votes: 64 68.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Yeah but I'd add more to it.

Votes: 21 22.3%

• Total voters
OK, that Excel sheet is one of the most helpful things I've found since I started looking for disc golf tips online.

I still only have a vague idea about "hitting" and "half-hitting"...that would be a good one...

I still only have a vague idea about "hitting" and "half-hitting"...that would be a good one...
Yeah, I guess half-hitting it is when fairway drivers go 400' and fully hitting it is when they go like 450-475', which is essentially advanced amateur vs pro distance. I've decided that I don't even 1/4 hit it :\

BTW... do you use linux?

Just a general number. I have a good friend that's probably 250'-300' of power currently but he cleans up nice with upshots and has solid putting. He's usually within 5 strokes of my scores on a lot of courses. I wasn't trying to say anyone who can't throw that far is a beginner. Especially with physical injuries coming into play, that changes thing a lot.

The other night, just because I was curious as to how far I could really throw... and by utilizing the pace count I learned in School of Infantry (only L ft count as paces and 67paces=100m) I have established that RH/underhand I avg 44p and long was 48p [220-250ft]... and RH/twofingerflick I avg 38p and long of about 44p [190-220ft]. I can no longer throw my really long shot (Tomahawk) due to too many dislocations of the shoulder so it's pretty discouraging to see 600ft par 3's... :( Always having to make 100ft putts for par is a load of crap! I almost have to make my own course stds and forget playing in tourneys... Ppl get upset when U retort to their comments about the discrepency in their drive compared to mine and I remind them that I never missed a single round at 500m on the rifle range in over 15 yrs of qualifications. Would they care to come play my game next? :) No takers of course. My question really is... do you know of any throws that specifically isolate the mvmt of the shoulder and can still achieve over 300'? Heck... I'd be happy to just do that again.

Oh yeah, and I forgot... during both of the shots I'm describing I keep my elbow locked in at the waist, thus isolating the major torque and rotation someplace other than the shoulder.

QUESTION! Just why hasn't this been stickied yet? It is a great resource and should be. Can we please? Zenbot?

Can someone Please add subtitles to those instructional videos? I am Deaf. I know for sure these videos would help me out if only I could understand what was being said?!

QUESTION! Just why hasn't this been stickied yet? It is a great resource and should be. Can we please? Zenbot?

Maybe because condensed, there is about one page worth of resources, and four pages of discussion.
Now if Brother Dave took all the links that have been added, put them in one single post. Then that post would truly be sticky worthy. That way only he could add and remove links with the post edit feature.
Finding what you need in this post is gonna start to get as difficult as just searching the whole board.

Posted this on another thread, but I thought I'd post here as well. Just a nice backhand tutorial video:

ok. Now delete all the arguements and comments so all you have left is the helpful links and videos, then lock the thread. Then it would be sticky worthy.

Straddle putt legal stances, images posted by the infamous Vegan Ray from straddle putt and the rules

legal1.jpg

legal2.jpg

illegal.jpg

I think it's a good idea. I would like to see some of the DGCR consultants chime in and then create a cleaner looking thread.

I would chime in but I've never actually played this "disc golf" you all speak of.

ok. Now delete all the arguements and comments so all you have left is the helpful links and videos, then lock the thread. Then it would be sticky worthy.
That was my intention. Like the DGCR Acronyms and Initialisms thread and it's discussion thread.

A guide to DG etiquette would be nice, but maybe you just have to be born with etiquette.

Or, "Top 10 ways to NOT be a Douche while playing disc golf"....or something...

As far as physically playing DG goes, there is a lot of great stuff here. Exellent info. I wish I could have had stuff like this all in one place when I actually started caring enough to look for it.

Latest posts