• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

see they're "pond treasures" black spots the whole nine yards. Been soakin em in a bucket with hot water and pinesol to get rid of the odor. Then I scrubbed them in sink, but thinkin about throwin em in the dishwasher for kicks. My wifes gone on vacation so what the hell right?

I've got no advice for you, Schnelle. But if they came out of a pond, go ahead and toss one or two in the dishwasher and tell us what happens. The worst that can happen is you ruin a disc you didn't even need in the first place.

my local DG course is in a city park (like 90% of them are!) but it isn't really kept up that great....

my question is can I just show up out there with my weedeater? And cut the brush that's overgrown the fairway in a couple of spots?

my local DG course is in a city park (like 90% of them are!) but it isn't really kept up that great....

my question is can I just show up out there with my weedeater? And cut the brush that's overgrown the fairway in a couple of spots?

Put a call into your local DG club to see if they can give you the skinny on why the upkeep isn't, well, kept up. From there, get in touch parks & rec before you start manicuring the course. There could be a reason (other than budgetary or laziness) why they're not trimmed back. For example, one of the nearby courses from the 2005 Worlds has some serious rough (OB) bordering a few of the holes. The parks and recreation department decided let nature reclaim these areas.

I think the LACK of a club might be the reason...

the 2 areas I'm thinking are on a hillside and would have to be weedeated & not just mown (created new words there)...

if I was a better thrower maybe I'd just throw over the areas but I usually skip the holes as I don't want to bushwack in that mess....

Many parks and recs don't mind if you ask first, but pretty much all of them will say no to power tools due to liability concerns.

I know someone who spent two days in jail and paid a hefty fine for something similar. Why risk a criminal record, unless you already have one maybe?

I know someone who spent two days in jail and paid a hefty fine for something similar. Why risk a criminal record, unless you already have one maybe?

not sure of the point of the last sentence? I must of missed the post where I said "screw em I'm gonna do what I want!"

and my record was expunged....!

my course is losing interest and everyone boycotts it due to a dog park being put in right in the middle of it. Two holes were effected by it one of them moved. No-one likes where they moved it. My question kinda goes along the lines of the above one. What do you think the effects of moving a basket and tee-sign would be? No tee-pad to move because they pulled it to put in a dog park.

I think the LACK of a club might be the reason...

I am dealing with a similar situation this year. I have started leagues at both of the courses in town and have been in contact with the parks departments. If everything goes well we will be an official club by next year. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Why do people think it's okay to start on any hole besides hole one? :)

Latest posts