• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

What is the purpose of the Monarch's unique rim?

The Monarch and the Groove's rims are what they are in an attempt by Innova to mold a wide rimmed driver in lighter weights. This was before Blizzard technology.

i think there are just ploys to get more people to buy plastic cause they think there gonna throw farther just like in golf. Like when they say will 25 yards to your stroke and every golfer buys one cause they think its gonna make them better.

Are dogs allowed on disc golf courses? So far the 2 times i played I was pretty much alone on the course and i was walking in the woods thought it would be a good place to bring my dog.

Are dogs allowed on disc golf courses? So far the 2 times i played I was pretty much alone on the course and i was walking in the woods thought it would be a good place to bring my dog.

A lot of people bring dogs to the course. But it all depends on the rules of the park. But as long as you clean up I don't see any problem

i think there are just ploys to get more people to buy plastic cause they think there gonna throw farther just like in golf. Like when they say will 25 yards to your stroke and every golfer buys one cause they think its gonna make them better.
But I can throw farther, and it does take a few strokes off my score! :thmbup:

Well, on the 400'+ holes, anyways... :rolleyes:

I love when people bring their dogs, as well as the dog is well behaved and the owner takes responsibility for it. If your dog won't yap, you keep him close, you pick up his crap, and most importantly he doesn't touch other people's discs then I say bring him.

Would love to play a round with a dog. I think it would add more enjoyment to a sport I love. Anyone coming to ok with their dog, pm me maybe we can meet up.

There are some public parks and some private courses that don't allow dogs. Most that do allow them have leash rules and obviously you need to pick up after the dog. I take mine along for a lot of my rounds, it's great exercise for her and I enjoy having her out with me.

Two questions

1. What is trolling?
2. In a fit of rage i took my pro-d buzz and folded it in half, is this disc still legal?

1. Baiting people on the internet into emotional responses. I.e., making people lose their chit over something you said on the internet.

2. As long as there are no holes in it and it's in one piece it should be good to go.

1. Baiting people on the internet into emotional responses. I.e., making people lose their chit over something you said on the internet.

2. As long as there are no holes in it and it's in one piece it should be good to go.

TY brotherdave
One other question i forgot to ask, are beadless aviars the norm or just in certain plastics? I have a beadless aviar "I was told it was beadless" and would like to get a backup but not sure what type of plastic it is and was curious.

TY brotherdave
One other question i forgot to ask, are beadless aviars the norm or just in certain plastics? I have a beadless aviar "I was told it was beadless" and would like to get a backup but not sure what type of plastic it is and was curious.

Beadless aviars come in DX, champion (but not for long) and in champion glo. To my knowledge, they haven't been produced in any other form.