• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

OK while we're at it.. How do you guys upload a link or YouTube video and have it preview rather than just a link? Do you use a video host?

Speaking of that and video, if I wanted to upload my shame in a video of my form (haha) what's the easiest and free way to edit and host?

OK while we're at it.. How do you guys upload a link or YouTube video and have it preview rather than just a link? Do you use a video host?

Speaking of that and video, if I wanted to upload my shame in a video of my form (haha) what's the easiest and free way to edit and host?

Use
createlink.gif
for links.
Use
insertimage.gif
for images.
And
youtube.gif
for youtube. (button only in desktop)

and even make a picture a link https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif

The easiest way to learn is to quote something you don't understand, you will be able to see the code that makes it all happen.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing out the desktop stuff I never see.. Last time I tried logging in on it my name was still Throwasurge haha.

Any tips on video editing software?

Thanks for pointing out the desktop stuff I never see.. Last time I tried logging in on it my name was still Throwasurge haha.

Any tips on video editing software?

When you go to embed a YT vid, at the end of the url there is a set of letters/numbers/punctuation marks following an = symbol like this...

https: //www.y outube.com/watch?v=CB43d4kY76I

Take everything after the = and put that in the youtube wrap.

I'm asking this question because I think a guy at my workplace is messing with me and I do consider myself a noob despite my years of playing just based on the distances I'm throwing, it's probably the wrong of thinking on my end but that's an entirely different conversation for a completely different place and time in this forum for me. Anyways, here it goes:

Do all golf discs fly farther in warmer weather then they do in colder weather?

We have been arguing about this for almost a month where I work at and I would like someone to settle it once and for all.

Thank You in advance.

Last edited:
Not sure how much I've tested temperature but Altitude is a huge factor.. Higher you get the more stable your stuff becomes... And I swear I'd never believe it but the color can change the flight because it can change the way the disc molds up.. High dome, flat etc.. I never thought I'd believe that crap..

Agree with Flick Maniac on temp, but I'll just add that I don't think 10 or even 20 degrees F makes that makes that much of a difference. I notice a difference in the winter, but not necessarily spring through fall, so it takes about a 40 degree temp change to really notice a difference.

Mind you, I have no actual data to support that statement. Just a whole lot of rounds in temps ranging from several degrees below zero to over 100, and everything in-between.

I've played at elevations from SoFla to Mountains in VA and NC.Was about to say I've never played at what I think is enough altitude to really notice a difference, but...

I just returned to MI from playing mountain golf in NC, and definitely noticed discs behaved with more overstability in the NC mountains. Discs I usually get to turnover here, didn't turn as easily there.

My area is about 1100 ft above sea level. I dunno what the elevation near Boone, NC is, but pretty sure it's well above 1100ft.

Last edited:
I think that any distance losses in cold weather are mainly due to poor grip, less flexibility, and slippery tee pads. Maybe the discs fly slightly differently, but I'm guessing those other factors are making a bigger difference.

If you want to improve your grip in cold weather.. Store your discs inside overnight if you don't already.. It seems to help. No I don't have any sciencey reasons why..

I'm at sea level.. I notice altitude differences 1000ft for sure!

Last edited:

Latest posts