• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

regarding baskets....what makes a basket catch better
saggier chains
more chains
light chains
heavy chains
angle of chains
etc...
really never understood why some are said to catch better?

One thing that's big is an even distribution of chains so that it doesn't have big holes for the disc to slip through.

saggier chains...hehehehe....hehe

I think putting style & chain style is an equal factor and your answer will vary depending on the style.

explain putting styles and ideal baskets?

push/pitch putt: Start the disc low near your groin and pitch it towards the basket like you are throwing a horseshoe. Use very little spin.

Spin putt: starts more from your belly button area and as you release the putt you snap your wrist creating spin.

and there is Shortarm putting

I have heard a lot about a "Sneaky Portuguese Hyzzer", I can't find anything on Youtube. Anyone have any info on this drive?

I have heard a lot about a "Sneaky Portuguese Hyzzer", I can't find anything on Youtube. Anyone have any info on this drive?

When you are about to hit a tree with a disc that is on a hyzer line, yell at it in portugese which will make it miss the tree. That is the Sneaky Portugese Hyzzer

I've never played in a two day event.
How many rounds/holes are played each day?
Is it that there's larger fields and thus two rounds won't fit in one day?

Also, while frank spoke of the practical use of the sph, he didn't mention the towell tip:
Get a golf sized towell, and while focusing on late acceleration, snap the towell at someone with their back facing you. If performed correctly, instead of a butt hit, it should turn to the right then fade back toward the balls.

I've never played in a two day event.
How many rounds/holes are played each day?
Is it that there's larger fields and thus two rounds won't fit in one day?

These are things decided by the TD of the tournament. Usually there are 4 rounds at the course, two on each day. That being said, you would need to email the TD and ask them for clarification.

Latest posts