• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

if you click on solomon trentons and then click on mine you see the difference...

I just finished it myself....can't believe I had to stop and take multiple breaks!

I thought it was awesome when the dude asked about what wheelchair is best for DG, and Frank D comes back with that great and serious advice. Good job, Frank! :thmbup:

Maybe an indication of how good this thread is: I don't have a question...yet.

Thanks to Frank D for starting this, and to everyone else that contributed their knowledge.

I also read the whole thing before I asked my question...The only thing I didn't like was Frank's ignorant comment about "black people"...not necessary Frank:thmbdown:

Frank doesn't like anyone from Grandrapids after dude on the bike irritated him...

so I see all these tournaments and different names and such(grandmaster, master, legend)
What does each mean and what are qualifications of any besides being older?

I also read the whole thing before I asked my question...The only thing I didn't like was Frank's ignorant comment about "black people"...not necessary Frank:thmbdown:

Frank is the most honest person on this site. Love him or hate him but quit being so PC. And no I'm not one of his followers.

Q: How do you get your achievement stats to show on your dgcr profile page?

You take a screenshot image of your achievement icons, shrink it, crop it, upload it to a website of your choosing, and use that image URL in your signature with the "insert image" feature.

Then how come you don't drop more strokes when we throw? Should I grow a fumanchu? Take pictures at every hole? I know! I should yell at the disc chingrish...
"not tlee! Go alound tlee!!"
Sneaky Kung Fu Anny....

You're a minority?

YES!!

Then how come you don't drop more strokes when we throw? Should I grow a fumanchu? Take pictures at every hole? I know! I should yell at the disc chingrish...
"not tlee! Go alound tlee!!"
Sneaky Kung Fu Anny....

I think you should grow a fumanchu that is so long you can tie the ends together behind your back! That would be classic. Then we can cut it and donate it to the DGCR HOF!

Is DC's Photon Glow really that much better (at holding a charge) than currently manufactured glow plastic or is this another example of OOP hype?

Whew. Hard to get caught up. Posts were adding up as fast as I was reading.

Great thread.

It's been touched on here and there in this thread, but can someone come up with an overall summary of the characteristics, and advantages/disadvantages of the different typs of plastics?

Premium? DX?

How does the Boss and other high speed discs stack up against the valk and eagle as a roller disc?

Bigger sharper rim in max weight seems like it should go further

Is DC's Photon Glow really that much better (at holding a charge) than currently manufactured glow plastic or is this another example of OOP hype?

OOP hype, the plastic feels really sweet though.

Whew. Hard to get caught up. Posts were adding up as fast as I was reading.

Great thread.

It's been touched on here and there in this thread, but can someone come up with an overall summary of the characteristics, and advantages/disadvantages of the different typs of plastics?

Premium? DX?

Base plastics pros: Cheap, grippy, easy to replace, easy to break in.

Base plastic cons: beats up very quickly, most drivers with a rim wider than an eagle get flippy/beat real quickly, can get horribly tacoed in one hit.

Premium plastic pros: durable, retains flight characteristics for a long time.

Premium plastic cons: expensive, if you get broken in to where you like it after a year and lose it, you gotta start all over again with a new one. Not good in the rain.

base plastic putters and mids are more popular than drivers but the new class of beadless premium plastic mids are also something to be noticed. You have to weigh what you like (premium or base) and what you feel comfortable with (a buzz that lasts forever or 3 DX rocs you rotate).

How does the Boss and other high speed discs stack up against the valk and eagle as a roller disc?

Bigger sharper rim in max weight seems like it should go further

Theoretically they can keep going longer since more of their mass is on their rim. Most of the people I know who throw distance rollers use a boss or Xcal now, the Xcal is good b/c not only is it a wide-rimmed driver, it has a fairly blunt edge to it also.

OOP hype, the plastic feels really sweet though.

Base plastics pros: Cheap, grippy, easy to replace, easy to break in.

Base plastic cons: beats up very quickly, most drivers with a rim wider than an eagle get flippy/beat real quickly, can get horribly tacoed in one hit.

Premium plastic pros: durable, retains flight characteristics for a long time.

Premium plastic cons: expensive, if you get broken in to where you like it after a year and lose it, you gotta start all over again with a new one. Not good in the rain.

base plastic putters and mids are more popular than drivers but the new class of beadless premium plastic mids are also something to be noticed. You have to weigh what you like (premium or base) and what you feel comfortable with (a buzz that lasts forever or 3 DX rocs you rotate).

Theoretically they can keep going longer since more of their mass is on their rim. Most of the people I know who throw distance rollers use a boss or Xcal now, the Xcal is good b/c not only is it a wide-rimmed driver, it has a fairly blunt edge to it also.

How can an untrained eye tell the difference between the grade of plastic?

Latest posts