• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

You'd have to use a mini.

The previous disc can only be used as a marker if it's not moved. In any of these scenarios we've been discussing, the previous disc would have to be moved before the next throw.

psssh minis, I flip my disc over and give the other players a dirty look daring them to call me on it. :popcorn:

Where are the rules for this forum? I'm not talking about theshort list of reasonable rules Tim posted. I mean the long list of crazy, counterinuitive rules, like no "hotlinking" (i.e., using the

last night I went to play and on my first hole my shoulder went "pop" and I couldn't lift my arm or throw more then 20 feet.. W/o excrutiating pain.... (feels better this AM even though I haven't tried to throw)

what was this pop and what's it technical name?

last night I went to play and on my first hole my shoulder went "pop" and I couldn't lift my arm or throw more then 20 feet.. W/o excrutiating pain.... (feels better this AM even though I haven't tried to throw)

what was this pop and what's it technical name?

Ask a doctor?

Where are the rules for this forum? I'm not talking about theshort list of reasonable rules Tim posted. I mean the long list of crazy, counterinuitive rules, like no "hotlinking" (i.e., using the bbc code thingy). Where's the crazy taboo list?[/QUOTE]

Funny....I always thought it was something that just got made up as we went along. :doh:

This really isn't a question about DG but involves a DG facility.

"Why did Zone Driven close down it's online store?" That was the only place those of us looking to buy the USDGC Rocs had to purchase them besides Feebay.

what are the innova X outs? Are they just bad stamps on the disc or is there something wrong with the disc it's self...?

It's mostly cosmetic stuff like flaws or bubbles in the plastic, though you'll occasionally get one that's a little warped or bent too.

what are the innova X outs? Are they just bad stamps on the disc or is there something wrong with the disc it's self...?

Its nothing to fret over really. More cosmetics.

I bought 1 X-Out Discs (Shark) And its my confidence builder on approaches and short drives. Love crushing my shark.

This is prolly not worth a new thread, as I've seen it discussed before but never about sidearm. But if a disc is starting to consistently act more overstable, does that generally mean your form is getting better?

Ex. My TL thrown rhfh used to go pretty straight, occasionally turning over. Now if I throw it with the same amount of hyzer (at least I feel like I'm giving it the same amount of hyzer), it has a predictable, but significantly noticeable increased fade.

Does this mean I should just start using more understable discs for straight shots or is this generally a form issue?

But if a disc is starting to consistently act more overstable, does that generally mean your form is getting better?

Ex. My TL thrown rhfh used to go pretty straight, occasionally turning over. Now if I throw it with the same amount of hyzer (at least I feel like I'm giving it the same amount of hyzer), it has a predictable, but significantly noticeable increased fade.

it might be. what is the difference in D between the two shots? with the second shot, is it just holding the hyzer the whole time? or still flipping but fading more?

i have one i dont know if its been answered already only got to page 30 or so but here goes what do the rules say when you are around three feet or so away from the basket and u can just drop it in the basket or just hit the chains on your "follow through"whithout even realeseing it yet i.e. can i pick up the disk and reach over the basket and set it in their or can i not pass an invisible line with my hand over my downed disc.

i have one i dont know if its been answered already only got to page 30 or so but here goes what do the rules say when you are around three feet or so away from the basket and u can just drop it in the basket or just hit the chains on your "follow through"whithout even realeseing it yet i.e. can i pick up the disk and reach over the basket and set it in their or can i not pass an invisible line with my hand over my downed disc.

If you are close enough to place it in the basket, place it in :D. During a casual round no one would be upset about you just swiping the chains with the disc but during a tournament round you do have to release the disc into the basket to become holed out.

The travel tags on here are just a fun little thing the members do. You purchase a travel tag and when you play with another DGCR member you swap them. There is a spot on the back to sign them and what not. I don't have one myself but I believe that it doesn't matter who wins the round you still switch them.

And here is a diagram about what is considered holed out or not. Of course anything sitting in the actual basket is good as well.

holesout.jpg

it might be. what is the difference in D between the two shots? with the second shot, is it just holding the hyzer the whole time? or still flipping but fading more?

About the same D. Second shot is still flipping but beginning the fade earlier, so more fade.

If you are close enough to place it in the basket, place it in :D. During a casual round no one would be upset about you just swiping the chains with the disc but during a tournament round you do have to release the disc into the basket to become holed out.

The travel tags on here are just a fun little thing the members do. You purchase a travel tag and when you play with another DGCR member you swap them. There is a spot on the back to sign them and what not. I don't have one myself but I believe that it doesn't matter who wins the round you still switch them.

And here is a diagram about what is considered holed out or not. Of course anything sitting in the actual basket is good as well.

holesout.jpg

so if its in one of those out its one stroke to drop it and another to put it in right

Latest posts