• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

So what is it exactly about CE plastic that makes it so sought after? And have they ever tried to make later runs that tried to duplicate it?

So what is it exactly about CE plastic that makes it so sought after? And have they ever tried to make later runs that tried to duplicate it?

From what I know about CE is that it is the most durable material a disc has been made of yet. The reason it isn't in production is because some of the components needed for the blend were removed from general public/civilian use. It also seems to be the best for some of the more key molds (super overstable firebirds, stable/overstable valks, more overstable eagle-x's). But the point is that I don't know what you can do to CE plastic to get it to break or even wear in very much. They don't lose very much stability even over a long period of time.

But as for their rarity/value its because at the moment, and for a while. Nothing like it will be made again. I'm sure they could duplicate it if the material were available again.

I just got used 169 & 171 CE Valk's and they are the most stable Valks I've ever thrown despite the fact they are used. I have always loved Valks but they just broke in so quickly and got a little squirrely. If every disc was still CE, Innova would have a tough time selling so much new plastic because the CE is so durable.

The scorecard on this site asks for the number of putts on a given hole, is this something people generally keep track of?

It can be helpful to track putts. I count them to see where there are areas of my game that need improvement. If I get a 4 on a given hole but I counted 3 putts, that tells me that there's an issue with my putting.

From what I know about CE is that it is the most durable material a disc has been made of yet. The reason it isn't in production is because some of the components needed for the blend were removed from general public/civilian use. It also seems to be the best for some of the more key molds (super overstable firebirds, stable/overstable valks, more overstable eagle-x's). But the point is that I don't know what you can do to CE plastic to get it to break or even wear in very much. They don't lose very much stability even over a long period of time.

But as for their rarity/value its because at the moment, and for a while. Nothing like it will be made again. I'm sure they could duplicate it if the material were available again.

cfair, that's very interesting, thanks for that! I guess these things will only continue to rise in value since there's a finite number of em. Makes u wonder what those components are that are no longer available. I don't how I feel about playing with possibly toxic discs lol. In any event, it would be cool if Innova would try to replicate these things and sell the new ones in limited runs or something.

I just got used 169 & 171 CE Valk's and they are the most stable Valks I've ever thrown despite the fact they are used. I have always loved Valks but they just broke in so quickly and got a little squirrely. If every disc was still CE, Innova would have a tough time selling so much new plastic because the CE is so durable.

You're probably right about CE almost too durable from what I gather. It seems like with most anything that's produced on any kind of scale, that the first ones will be the best/most durable. Then other cheaper materials will be used and the latter products are usually inferior. Just a byproduct of capitalism, I suppose..

cfair, that's very interesting, thanks for that! I guess these things will only continue to rise in value since there's a finite number of em. Makes u wonder what those components are that are no longer available. I don't how I feel about playing with possibly toxic discs lol. In any event, it would be cool if Innova would try to replicate these things and sell the new ones in limited runs or something.

I don't think the discs are toxic. The most likely explanation is the plastic they made the discs out of became no longer available for some reason.

Also premium plastic discs are still plenty durable so I don't really think CE needs to come back. You can still keep a champ/Z disc in the bag for 2 years at least before needing a new one.

I don't think the discs are toxic. The most likely explanation is the plastic they made the discs out of became no longer available for some reason.

Also premium plastic discs are still plenty durable so I don't really think CE needs to come back. You can still keep a champ/Z disc in the bag for 2 years at least before needing a new one.

key words.

Latest posts