• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North California courses

I think Tahoe has better courses than the bay, myself. If you have the time go up and hit up Tahoes 4 courses.

Tahoe is one of the only sections of California that I haven't been to yet to play DG. It's hard to plan a trip to Tahoe when snow is not involved, and when snow is involved disc golf probably isn't.
Since I love mountain courses, I'm sure Tahoe's courses are the bomb!
DSCJNKY

Thanks for the input, I was in San Fran and on the reccomedations here i drover over to Santa Cruz, but i ended up not being able to play as the pros were all there for the NT. It was awesome as i have never seen a pro before.

Anyways i then tried to play Parque De La Raza in san jose but i could only find 2 baskets, whats the deal there??

Yes... I have played them both.
I know Lake Casitas is your home course, so I'm going to tread lightly. As stated in my statements before, I think Stafford is the best course in California hands down. From golf shots to scenery to wildlife to the northern California feeling.. it's the best. Stafford is everything Coyote Point wants to be and so much more. They are similar in that they are on rolling hills studded with oak trees; but Casitas is deathly hot, golden instead of green, has fewer trees, and lesser interesting shots. If you like Casitas, you'll love Stafford. If you love Casitas, you'll think Stafford is the best course in California too.
DSCJNKY

Tahoe is one of the only sections of California that I haven't been to yet to play DG. It's hard to plan a trip to Tahoe when snow is not involved, and when snow is involved disc golf probably isn't.
Since I love mountain courses, I'm sure Tahoe's courses are the bomb!
DSCJNKY

I would say it is well worth it to go up and play Tahoe. The courses I played up there were great. I've still got a couple Humboldt courses that I think are the best, but they are secret.;)

Courses are nice in Tahoe area, I just hate the way a disc flies in the high elevation. You'll get some more distance but the flight is affected. Worth it for the sights and the sweet air alone.

Highly recommend Zephyr Cove, Bijou is also fun

I like the secret Humboldt courses too - Area 74 (rip... wink-wink). The Bryers Patch (sp?).
Like HumChris says there is some great hidden stuff up there that is not on any website. If I was still living uop there I would offer to guide... But, possibly HumChris would like to guide you??? Either way... hit one of the Humboldt players up before you get up there and ask for some "special" assistance.
DSCJNKY

Stafford Lake is amazing

I played Golden Gate Park, De Laveaga, and stafford lake on a recent trip. I think stafford lake is not talked about enough as a top tier course. It really is one of the best courses out there.

Latest posts