• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Not gettting past 300 frusfrstion thread

I understand the frustration, but in my case, I'd like to reach 300. I keep thinking about and working on my form. My hope is that when spring arrives, the snow and ice retreats, and I can throw sans my Nanook of the North uniform, that I find I've gained a little distance. It seems that there are always plateaus in something like this. I find you have to keep working through them.

Welcome to DGCR! There is plenty of info around here that can help you. Maybe post a video and have Sidewinder break it down for you.

Welcome! Check out some of the criteque threads.

Welcome to the madness! I'm at and around 300 but not discouraged. Gains are slower now, but still progressing foot by foot. I just keep "feeling my way along" on the course and practice field, and continue reading the tips in the various critique threads and watching the videos that are posted up on here.

pretty much all distance is on form. just like everyone else said check the critique forums. work on x steps reach backs and choosing the right discs.

throw downhill

:thmbup:

just from a mental perspective, you can break the plateau by not caring about breaking the plateau....like actually not caring. remove the stress and you remove the limitation.

couple that with improving your form and focusing on the shot in front of you and you will be well on your way to all around better scores.

Welcome, Lexual! I am right there with you. My drives seem to max out around 300 and I have been working on my form to try and increase distance. It just takes a lot of practice and trial and error. I feel like this is my year, though... :D

pretty much all distance is on form.

While I would generally agree with this sentiment, one of the more critical aspects of form once you have the basics down is timing, and that is something that in my short experience you just have to put time in the field to really get down. Good mechanics executed at the wrong time can and often do lead to many of the same issues as poor mechanics.

Split your time between reading the technique forum, watching youtube videos and throwing on an open field...repeat as frequently as you can.

I'm thankful for all the helpful tips. I decided it was time to post up since I've been a longtime lurker.

You won't get any sympathy from me since 250' is where I max out! :) 300' is my goal but although I field throw I spend more time putting.

300. magic number for many (including myself - even after many years of 950+ rated golf)

There is the seminal thread over on disc golf review (the other site) "maxing out at 300' " It is a long read if you want to dive into it. Do read it, if for no other reason to see that distance level is a common one, and that you are not alone.

Last edited:
Run up, from about 15 ft behind the tee, as fast as you can. Throw as hard as you can with your arm only. Make sure to minimize fallow through as this can rob you of the preciousness rpm that keeps the disc on straight line. Incorporate just one of these pointers and you should see +50 in less than three throws.;)

Latest posts