• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nov. 16, 2010: HOD

bikinjack

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Gateway Park - West, Fort Worth, TX

Hole 7, Par 4, 485 feet

226dfa6e.jpg

From the course map, it looks like it goes a ways, then hangs a right.

description from the photo
Hole #7 Tee: First half is wide open, second half is a tunnel shot from a small landing zone on the left, or a spike hyzer over the tree tops.

Heh, I live a couple miles from this and have never been there.

S-PD to start
Spike hyzer FB, if short
Panther maybe if I have a look at it
Ion in

Also: par four my butt

Tough one, actually. Your first shot placement determines what your second shot is. I like holes like this because the open fairway is deceiving, thinking youcan just blast it out there.

Depending on the distance from the tee to the woods, I'm using either a Buzzz or Eagle to get to a good spot to set up my second shot down the tunnel.

Of course, the trees are not too high, driving a PD right toward the basket and going through or over could be an option. They look fairly thick, though.

You really need to place your drive, so to speak...and have a Plan B.

This is a WAG:

RHBH a Z Stalker, approach with a Z Buzzz, Star Stingray, or Star Aviar. Polish it off with an R-Pro Aviar.

11x kc teebird, xcal if i have to go up and over and kc roc if i dont, probably kc roc again, aviaaaaaaaaaaar

No wind or light tailwind this is a perfect nuke shot. I will throw straight off the teebox at a 35' apex slight hyzer release. Disc will flip up, glide right forever (hopefully just right of the pin) and then make a gradual fade back into the trees. Hopefully I get within 45' and have a chance for bird. If I don't park it ;-)

If the trees are denser than they look from the photo, I would likely throw a cyclone out, about 50' short of the tree line, then pick a thumber/RHBH Hyzer or RHFH Hyzer in to the pin.

Last edited:
Prlly nuke off the pad then kc pro roc for tunnel with fade.

I am literally 5 min from this course as I type this...and I have never played it. :eek:

Going for it with a nuke hyzer. Hope for good tanking trough the bushes.

Even if it does not, i am no more than 50 feet away for my second shot. There will be a hole somewhere in these bushes that i can put trough.

First time out, probably a roc to the tree line and approach with a wizard.

BH Pro Destroyer of the tee, followed by a Ion or Buzzz depending on where I land...could be FH or BH

I lied...Looked at the wrong hole on the map.

Backhand S-PD off the tee, second shot the same as above.