• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NSDG tour

6818995272_8e9665165e.jpg

That course looks great!! I know it would beat the crapout of me,which I am used to from playing idlewild, but I bet I would still come out smiling just the same. :thmbup: If you want a truly wooded course hit Hueston woods in the cincy area. Now that course is like playing plinko but oh man is it fun!!!

Last edited:
That course looks great!! I know it would beat the crapout of me,which I am used to from playing idlewild, but I bet I would still come out smiling just the same. :thmbup: If you want a truly wooded course hit Hueston woods in the cincy area. Now that course is like playing plinko but oh man is it fun!!!

Jungle fairways and soil erosion. Looks like a fun course. :doh:
I'll play there when I want to get Lymes Disease.

Do you think Evan plays wooded courses?

I don't like "plinko" courses like that or losing plastic in the abyss. The park and rec. dept. doesn't care enough about the course to even mow it.

Then don't play them and don't watch videos with people playing them? This is one of the best courses in Texas, period. Yes, it's tough...but that's one thing that makes it such a great course. If you don't like it, don't play it.

yes its a real course. it just wasnt mowed at the time since we had heavy rain for a while. not to mention they didnt shedule that tourney with enough time to cut it. it was a last minute deal really. there are defined fairways and it usually is groomed. its not an easy course and doesnt get as much traffic as the busy courses do in austin. manor is just outside of austin so its not a busy course. the city has started to keep up with it because its getting more and more praise. its not plinko golf there and it happens to be one of feldbergs favorite courses around here.

it was just not coordinated early enough to get it trimmed up.

this tourney was in march so yeah,our rainy season was kicking. which is why it was so green. when it rains there it gets really muddy so it makes it hard to keep the course cut when u have to wait days for it to dry up.

Fairways aren't legit. Straight up crap shoot if you hit a tree early. Show me the groomed fairways on that course. I would be worried about ticks, after playing there.

The rough at Manor is very rough. True. It will take a few years to get it properly beat in.

The fairways, however, are eminently fair and the challenge is very addicting. Get dialed in on this course, hitting your lines and you'll enjoy disc golf bliss. Have your confidence dip and start throwing in the schule and you'll be in for a much more tiring round. It's all on you.

That looks like a great course to me also but a couple of my favorite courses are Hidden Lake and Sportsmans Hill. Both are heavily wooden and very fun to play. The more trees and obstacles the better as far as I'm concerned.

The rough at Manor is very rough. True. It will take a few years to get it properly beat in.

The fairways, however, are eminently fair and the challenge is very addicting. Get dialed in on this course, hitting your lines and you'll enjoy disc golf bliss. Have your confidence dip and start throwing in the schule and you'll be in for a much more tiring round. It's all on you.

The whole course was schule.

Hole 4 at Blue Ribbon Pines is legit. This course is not. PLINKO is not Disc Golf.

Umm, yep. This is definitely Fizzle.

No sense continuing to feed the troll guys.

Agreed. I don't know how people don't see it.

Funny, that the new Hizzle says he just started playing, yet he is asking questions about worlds ratings being down, course luck, and other questions that people don't even consider if they haven't been playing awhile.

well hes either a troll or a crying little girl who sucks at disc golf(i also suck at disc golf but i dont cry about it). i watched the whole vid and didnt see one fairway that wasnt fair. put away your blizzard boss and learn how to shape your lines. ive played a few holes i might call unfair but none of those qualify.

Not that I really want to get into this argument, but in my opinion the only hole that really looks 'plinko' to me is the second one in that video. It looks like about a 8ft. wide gap to throw through about 30ft. off the tee, or in other words a required line accuracy of < 7.59 degrees (30ft. distance, 4ft. off the line hits a tree, otherwise written as arctan 4/30). In my opinion, expecting players to be accurate to within even 10 degrees of the perfect flight line is too difficult/random.

For reference, at 30ft. distance and 10 degrees of required accuracy, the minimum tree gap to hit would be slightly more than 10.4 feet wide. At 15 degrees of required accuracy the minimum tree gap to hit at 30ft. would be ~16ft. wide.

Agreed. I don't know how people don't see it.

Funny, that the new Hizzle says he just started playing, yet he is asking questions about worlds ratings being down, course luck, and other questions that people don't even consider if they haven't been playing awhile.

WTF???? Why do you keep calling me this Hizzle guy?

I shot a 847 round at this Sundog, that was at Acorn park.

http://www.sundogtournamentseries.com/scores_wk10.htm

I am thinking about joining the PDGA. But, I want to get better so I have a better rating when I join.

I think the problem is that the OP plays frolf and is looking at a course for disc golf.