• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] NSH Customs - 3D Printed, PDGA approved

seedlings

* Ace Member *
NSH Customs
" Unlike other disc manufacturers, we do not rely on injection molding, rather a modern 3D printing approach. Due to the nature of our process, our design team can offer "new and different" products regularly."

https://nshcustomdiscs.com/
Mr. Putt
attachment.php

attachment.php

Dwayne
attachment.php

Is 3D printing the future? Supposedly, " all of our products are made out of the same virtually indestructible premium plastic." It would make startup companies simple. I do wonder if every single disc is board flat on top.

Attachments

• 4B7D1099-BCCC-4669-9EA0-187D71C4890D.jpg
    4B7D1099-BCCC-4669-9EA0-187D71C4890D.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 9308FDF2-B654-4384-9AB1-094FD7519941.jpg
    9308FDF2-B654-4384-9AB1-094FD7519941.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 362
  • 796209A3-ED37-4E5F-B4A4-63D73ACE78FD.jpg
    796209A3-ED37-4E5F-B4A4-63D73ACE78FD.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 360
Absolutely no way they're 3D printing discs as fast an injection molding machine is pumping them out.

Great idea, not sure how high end of 3D printers they're using, but gotta be way cheaper than an injection molding machine. So unless they're running enough printers so the cost of equipment to productivity ratio favors them I can't imagine it scaling up?

https://www.pdga.com/technical-stan...ield_disc_class_value=All&manufacturer=278211
Link to all their approved discs. Honestly... nothing there looks appealing to grip. It looks like they're just throwing stuff against the wall to find something that'll have an appealing flight path given the flatness of the top. They're definitely submitting some oddly shaped stuff.

Good luck to them.

I don't know enough about 3D printing to know the limitations or work around a to limitations, but if it seems they're promoting flatness as a selling point…

Sales 101 tells you that they're distracting from their process not clicking with disc dome? Either physical printing limitations, or cutting corners to reduce run time?

Spin the con and make it a selling point?

I see a failure point/line in every layer thats put down. I wonder how these would hold up in the cold/snow or after a couple good tree smackdowns. Would you end up with a spiral of plastic instead of shattered pieces?

Otherwise I am interested in flight patterns of these uniquely odd shaped discs

ps. I dont like the fact they used splines or a very low density arc. you can see the disc is not circular, but comprised of line segments. Pixelated reality.

Last edited:
I ordered one. We'll see!
Will be very interested to see how they feel, and if they are durable. Many of the 3D printed discs I've seen online have ended up cracking after too many impacts.

I also have my serious doubts on the durability. Also, there's no way these things will ever be available at any kind of mass scale. 3D printing, while neat and incredibly versatile, is still (comparatively) a super slow process.

There are plenty of flexible PLA materials. I 3D print with basic cheap PLA and it's hard like you're thinking. There are PLA soft enough to print a pair of Crocs.

I'm with you though, I want to see if it's durable enough. I promise to hit first available and report back.

I ordered the GUNNZ for an overstable ~10 speed. Got custom glow art and multicolor, just to see what their full skills are. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Pardon my newbishness, but does FAF mean what I kinda assume it means? If so, that's a marketing opportunity for 3D printers

Last edited:
So, I've become an upside-down OS Mid, huh?

If this mold becomes popular, just think of what that would do for my course count. :D

"If you can't fix it, feature it," has been a saying for years.

BogeyNoMore is Dwayne Rock Johnson! :eek::cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• FCCD8D1D-7D9E-42D5-8AC6-C499E7AB34B5.jpg
    FCCD8D1D-7D9E-42D5-8AC6-C499E7AB34B5.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 256
I've played in a couple of tournaments with the owner and he's banged many off trees and rocks. I have yet to see one crack...I'm sure they will, but so far they seem as durable as other discs. The inside edge can be a bit sharp and the top is FLAT. The top is also soft feeling and flexible. If you get one of the discs, try it upside down. I have one and the feel in the hand is strange...takes a bit to get used to. The other 'issue' I have is the discs aren't flight rated so you need to throw them at different speeds to see what is the best. There's guesswork as to the speed, glide, turn, and fade.

I've played in a couple of tournaments with the owner and he's banged many off trees and rocks. I have yet to see one crack...I'm sure they will, but so far they seem as durable as other discs. The inside edge can be a bit sharp and the top is FLAT. The top is also soft feeling and flexible. If you get one of the discs, try it upside down. I have one and the feel in the hand is strange...takes a bit to get used to. The other 'issue' I have is the discs aren't flight rated so you need to throw them at different speeds to see what is the best. There's guesswork as to the speed, glide, turn, and fade.

I will happily sand off sharp edges just like flashing with every other disc.

I gotta try one of these, if only because I've 3D printed so much at my job. I ordered a custom Putter, very interested to discuss the options with the company.

Read though their site last night, and I'd like to try one of their discs, but how the hell am I supposed to grip a disc upside down for FH?

Latest posts