• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nuke OS & SS

TLapham said:
What do you guys think of the NukeOS, Z Nuke and X Nuke as the Max D setup? Is the OS enough to replace the Predator? I've been struggling to find the good flat Preds lately.

I think it'd work pretty damn well myself.

Just for reference, I mainly throw Teebirds off the tee from 325 to 400ft.

Not a replacement for a pred doesnt have the glide, flat preds are hard enough to throw let alone an OS.

i may have thrown the flippiest nuke OS a 150 esp (1 of 1 i was told) and it slightly went right in a head wind thrown flat

yeh gunning 400' with a nukeOS requires some serious leaning in-to, I do think it as the very best wind distance disc I've thrown though.

turso said:
yeh gunning 400' with a nukeOS requires some serious leaning in-to, I do think it as the very best wind distance disc I've thrown though.
Watch the Discraft clinic on distance with Dion Arlyn. He throws a Nuke OS 500 feet uphill at the Kensington Toboggan course in Michigan.

Amateur said:
I watched it and all I saw were Z Nukes.

Watch again. The shot they use in the beginning of the video that gets up to the 500ft marker is a Nuke OS. Listen at 6:30 where he even says he just threw an ESP Nuke OS.

I have a sneaking suspicion the ESP's aren't quite as overstable as the Z's.

Mixed Bag Madness said:
turso said:
Watch the Discraft clinic on distance with Dion Arlyn. He throws a Nuke OS 500 feet uphill at the Kensington Toboggan course in Michigan.

Seen it, doesn't change a thing.

I'm wondering when/if the Nuke OS is going to be put out in ESP. The video D-craft put out with barsby, arlyn, mccabe and pierce showed them throwing ESP OS's. In my experience with the Nukes, the ESP are a little more understable than the Z.

So far I've only seen ESPs in discraft vids, and I think they're giving em in some playerpacks in some tournament. Waiting eagerly on the ESP production run as well. Haven't seen any announcements of them on discraft's facebook or anything yet.

the video with the pros' throwing the protos, paige pierce talks about the ESP's being more suited for the female players, call me a girl, but I want to try out the ESP's!

We got some esp OS's in our players packs for Am nats, and I think they are the greatest distance driver for power players ever. The Z are way more stable, and hold up really really well against strong side arm drives where the esp OS has more glide. The esp OS to me flies a lot more like a force just longer.

So I just broke down and ordered 2 ESP's along with a quasar. Will be interesting to see how they fly, compared to the Z Nuke OS which hasnt made the regular bag, and my Z forces

I've beaten in a esp 168 nuke os from overheads, its still a little too hss for me to get max distance that i get with my flippy bosses(max out at 425) The glide out a lot better than the z ones though. A friend of mine has a monster forehand and uses his z os a lot, but not for distance its just way too lss.

I like the way everyone over at DGCR gets a hissy fit if someone claims they can throw the NOS around 400'...

Latest posts