• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke SS for Roller Practice?

JBurke297

Got a semi beat-up Nuke SS I'm not getting much use out of. I want to start practicing Rollers & would rather use a disc I already have then buy one. Anyone have experience with a Nuke SS and throwing Rollers off the pad?

Also, if not Nuke SS then what? Avenger SS? Monarch?

Looking for something beginner friendly as this is a brand new shot for me.

The best backhand rollers are thrown with stable discs - able to be turned enough to roll but stable enough to maintain the roll without rolling way off or flipping over

If your nuke ss does that for you, then try it out

The best backhand rollers are thrown with stable discs - able to be turned enough to roll but stable enough to maintain the roll without rolling way off or flipping over

If your nuke ss does that for you, then try it out

Maybe a beat up Star Destroyer?

I haven't tried to roll my Nuke SS, but my ESP and Z Nukes roll pretty nicely. However, typically for rollers, I'm throwing an ESP Avenger SS if I've got room to throw it out a way before it starts to roll, or I throw the Z Avenger SS if I need more of a cut roller. The difference in stability is perfect for the different throws, so I carry both at all times.

Good Rollers

I don't know why some people like more stable discs for backhand rollers. I get great distance with understable discs. My favorite for backhand rollers are the champion monarch and dx stingray. But you have to get them heavy, 175 - 180 grams. Just throw them hard at about 10 to 11 oclock and they'll turn over into a long roll.

The only luck I've had rolling consistently is with a max weight Eclipse. My avenger and numeric won't.

According to Innova, the Sidewinder is a great roller disc. I think that's because it's understable Which means that by that logic, the Mamba would be the greatest roller in the history of things that roll. Gotta take that with a grain of salt though, because Innova also says that the Groove is a great disc.

I don't know why some people like more stable discs for backhand rollers. I get great distance with understable discs. My favorite for backhand rollers are the champion monarch and dx stingray. But you have to get them heavy, 175 - 180 grams. Just throw them hard at about 10 to 11 oclock and they'll turn over into a long roll.

It's harder to get the angle right in order for understable discs to roll correctly. And they take a little more room to work IMO. To each his own though. OP, try that destroyer and Nuke SS and see what works. No matter what disc you use, learning to roll like Feldberg is no easy feat. It's an art

Got a semi beat-up Nuke SS I'm not getting much use out of. I want to start practicing Rollers & would rather use a disc I already have then buy one. Anyone have experience with a Nuke SS and throwing Rollers off the pad?

Also, if not Nuke SS then what? Avenger SS? Monarch?

Looking for something beginner friendly as this is a brand new shot for me.

Have you tried throwing rollers yet or are you waiting on feedback?
Any of them will work.
Get out there and practice your technique.
Then you'll be able to see what gives you the best results.

Have you tried throwing rollers yet or are you waiting on feedback?
Any of them will work.
Get out there and practice your technique.
Then you'll be able to see what gives you the best results.

Nope. Just wanted to get some feedback on the Nuke SS before I went out tom & made an ass out of myself (which I'm going to do anyways :thmbup:). Sounds like I got something decent to learn with. Thx for the input!

I carry two beat up pro destroyers just for this purpose. I use a flat 11x champ firebird for cut rollers and fh rollers. ;)

Latest posts