• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nuke vs Boss

They just released the Nuke in Big Z, so I don't think they're retiring it in Z. Maybe you read the first part of this thread (from 2010) and assumed it was current?

I've thrown a few blizzard Bosses and they were all over the place in stability. The first one I had started out very stable and beat in to perfection. It was my main driver for a while until it got too beat. I tried to find another one like that and the next couple I got were flippy garbage so I gave up. I think blizzard plastic just exacerbates the tendency of wider rimmed drivers to be inconsistent due to cooling variations and such.

B-Man, what are you looking for in another Boss and how far are you throwing? Are you looking for something more stable than the champ Terns? Is there some particular reason you want a Boss?

Yep - continue....

They just released the Nuke in Big Z, so I don't think they're retiring it in Z. Maybe you read the first part of this thread (from 2010) and assumed it was current?

I've thrown a few blizzard Bosses and they were all over the place in stability. The first one I had started out very stable and beat in to perfection. It was my main driver for a while until it got too beat. I tried to find another one like that and the next couple I got were flippy garbage so I gave up. I think blizzard plastic just exacerbates the tendency of wider rimmed drivers to be inconsistent due to cooling variations and such.

B-Man, what are you looking for in another Boss and how far are you throwing? Are you looking for something more stable than the champ Terns? Is there some particular reason you want a Boss?

I can get the Tern to about 450, and on rare occasions get the Boss to about 420ish. I'd classify myself as a recreational player that has an arm. Yes more stable than the Tern.

Last edited:
I think I'd go with a star Destroyer in that case. Pretty much every Innova pro with a big arm uses some flavor of destroyer. Great distance driver.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I just got back from playing Bassett Creek in Robinsdale MN and for the first time I was getting predictable throws with good distance from my Bliz Boss. It has convinced me to hang onto it a little longer and not give up on it quite yet. It seems if I waited another day or so I wouldn't have needed to resurrect this old thread. Thanks again.

Star Bosses are my favorite for an overstable bomber. They beat in slowly and get less stable over time. I have one that is over four years old that really gets out there 450'+ with a nice S-Curve or hyzer flip to laser straight.

Star Bosses are my favorite for an overstable bomber. They beat in slowly and get less stable over time. I have one that is over four years old that really gets out there 450'+ with a nice S-Curve or hyzer flip to laser straight.

I bet a beat in Star Boss would fly a lot like a Champ Tern, but have a better grip. My Champ Tern in my favorite DD.