• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Off-season plans?

I love practicing rollers. An added bonus is that in the Winter months the frozen ground and lack of tall grass make for some sweet rolling.

Work on my form instead of just playing a ton. Started this week. Hopefully by the time spring comes it will be exponentially better than it is now and i can get out to 400ft on an average drive and throw more accurately. Tons of work to get to that point though

Once it finally cools off enough, I will finally be able to play on my lunch break again, which means I'll go from playing maybe once a week, to 3-4 times a week at minimum. I won't play in rain or snow while on my lunch break, but will on the weekends, so I'm looking forward to a lot more golf once the temp drops 10-20 more degrees.

I'm generally a weekend warrior anyway and it has been a summer where I have been doing a lot of other things trying to get in shape like hiking and going to the gym, swimming, and even got my fat ass into some running. But I just got the real itch to play after a round yesterday. Played conservatively and did pretty good for my standards even after not playing much. Really got me excited seeing that I no longer am winded by walking up hills. Most of my disc golf this summer has been putting practice in the back yard when I take the dogs out so putting gave me more of a chance than before while I was hesitant to really let drives rip.

I pretty much plan to make a once a week trip so long as conditions aren't horrible; and keep putting practice going. Im less obsessed with max distance and just want to work on getting longer controlled drives.

Living just the north of the infamous Buffalo, NY you might think I would have an off season. Nope. I may only play once or twice a week instead 3-5 times weekly.

No off-season in Fort Lauderdale. Instead, it's tournament season for myself and many locals. While I'm not playing many of our two day events, I will be playing a lot of the one day tournaments and Saturday morning league. I will be catching up on YT disc golf pages and tourney coverage during the week, and also work on putting when daylight savings time ends. It is still light out until just before 7 now, and that will become 5:45 or so at the end of DST. If I leave work at 5 and get to the park, I would have about 1/2 hour to work on putting and mid-range. So that will happen during the week.