• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official 2011 Flip City DGCR Meet thread!!!

apdrvya

Marketplace Guru
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
[size=+2]
2011 DGCR Flip City Meet!!​
[/size]

Events will run from October 21-23rd at Fabulous Flip City in Shelby Michigan. Camping is available at Flip City but please, please let me know if you plan on camping so I can let Bill know that you will be pitching your tent on his property. Please know that if you ARE camping, this is RUSTIC camping. There is no water or electricity provided to campers. Port-a-potties are available on-site, garbage cans are available and a necessity to use. There is one firepit near the camping area and one LARGE firepit nearer Bill's house. For those less adventurous, there are hotels locally in Hart, Whitehall, and Ludington.

Events as follows:

Friday, October 21st at 5pm we will do an impromptu "Ace Race" I will try to get up early to set up ace race tees. We'll play horseshoes style. 1pt for metal, 2pts for chains and 3pts for aces, highest total wins a prize or two! Required to use the same mid or putter for the whole round in true ace race fashion!

Saturday, October 22nd at noonish we'll play a singles tourney, 4 to 5 per group randomly drawn, one round of 24 holes. Best three rounds (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will win prizes! Then you'll have the rest of the day to do whatever, I would recommend Ludington, Whitehall, Branstrom(Fremont) and possibly Fallasburg in Grand Rapids even, West Michigan is a Treasure Trove of great disc golf.

Sunday, October 23rd at noonish we'll play a Hi-Lo Doubles tourney, that means that the best and worst rounds will be doubles partners (and so on). This assures fairness and that we'll make new buddies , prizes again for first, second and third place teams.

I think for now we'll drop the idea of a Glo Tourney for now as I'm sure glo rounds will be played a-plenty!
Please note that I'm instituting a $10 buy-in for the ENTIRE WEEKEND. I need to buy prizes and I don't think it's too much to ask since camping is free and it'll be well worth the time we'll have. Please pay paypal to [email protected] as a gift (or PM me if you need to pay another way). PM me when you have paid and I will confirm (hopefully on the OP) that you are coming for sure and you have paid.

I hope that I can do this right, I know that TerryC is usually the organizer for all things West Michigan Disc Golf but I'm taking the reins on this one this year.

Confirmed Members:
Apdrvya-paid and camping
Bizarbies—paid and camping
Ejvogie—paid and camping
KnownKiller—paid/not camping.
Hyzer's—paid and camping
Ripper—paid and camping
Sgamerp—paying on the weekend and camping
E-man—paying on the weekend and camping
JustSayin'?
The Gov'na
Jukeshoe
Sgamerp
Worldscoolestguy?
Roadtripstuff?
Gooddrivebadputt?
Violet's Caddy?
If anyone I've listed isn't coming, please let me know

Thanks!
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not 100% yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it. I do have a question about the buy-in, what are we doing for donations for Bill? I'm sure folks will want to toss in something for him and his awesome course, maybe bump that $10 up to $15 with five going to the course? Or we could all just toss him a fiver when we get there, but it might be better just to give it to him as a lump sum.

Just tossing it out there. I really really hope I can make it up for this one, I'm dying to play Flip.

Probably they will, I'll talk with them tomorrow, and I'll ask Amenz too. Was I the 1st to slap down dough? Get some yall!! Pay the man, and commit to a weekend of fun!
Biz
Team Bert

I'm not 100% yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it. I do have a question about the buy-in, what are we doing for donations for Bill? I'm sure folks will want to toss in something for him and his awesome course, maybe bump that $10 up to $15 with five going to the course? Or we could all just toss him a fiver when we get there, but it might be better just to give it to him as a lump sum.

Just tossing it out there. I really really hope I can make it up for this one, I'm dying to play Flip.

there is a donation box at the first tee... Feel free to fill 'er up!
bill is such an excellent host, this will surely be a weekend to remember!

FWIW, I'm stoked to bring ya up here christy!

Probably they will, I'll talk with them tomorrow, and I'll ask Amenz too. Was I the 1st to slap down dough? Get some yall!! Pay the man, and commit to a weekend of fun!
Biz
Team Bert

yessir, first to pay! please send me a PM so I can remember who's paid! :)

I forgot to mention something: the more people sign up the more awesomer the prizes will be... if four guys are coming, I guess dx dragons will be the prize :)

We could do it that way too I suppose, or you could save it for the "swap meet."

I may be down, and possibly bring a friend or two. This is going to be a blast... gotta just figure out what my job is like so I know to take off the days.

eff your job, get your ass to flip! :)

Well, I am saying I may switch jobs, so I would have to tell them, but I will know tomorrow. I bike by your house like once a week, so I may just drop off the cash sometime. I will probably text you and see if you are home first though.