• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official 2011 Flip City DGCR Meet thread!!!

sounds good.

KnownKiller has comitted to the weekend... I gotta get a mod to update my OP sometime...

also, asked was can he be in the dubs tourney and no participate in the singles? I'm good with that, but dubs partner will be RANDOM.

also, I hear that Whitehall's ace race is saturday, not sure on time but if it's in the evening that could be a fun addition to the weekend.

Hey ap, Tee off at Whitehall Ace Race is at 1pm. But I guess they are doing something after the round. Probably a dubs round or disc shoe(putting) tourney or something.

cool. well. maybe we can move the dubs tourney to 4pm or something... wouldn't be aweful I guess.

sounds good.

KnownKiller has comitted to the weekend... I gotta get a mod to update my OP sometime...

also, asked was can he be in the dubs tourney and no participate in the singles? I'm good with that, but dubs partner will be RANDOM.

also, I hear that Whitehall's ace race is saturday, not sure on time but if it's in the evening that could be a fun addition to the weekend.

Are you doing the spinskis one this weekend?

I'll be at Spinski's this weekend. I've never played there. Whats it like?

Never played before I was going last year but it was on my ex girlfriend and mine 1 yr and I figured it would be bad idea to go disc on that day. I have heard its very tight... but Never played. I know he said last year all holes were between 100 and 175 feet.

Although I'm planning on working, I could possibly make it up. What is the consensus on bringing up discs for trades? I'll ask Bill, if it's alright with you guys.

What is the consensus on bringing up discs for trades?

FWIW, I've been hearing that it's damn near required. I've never been to a meet, but it seems like you'd be crazy not to bring all your tradeables.

Oh, and your travel tags too :D

yeah, I don't think bill would mind...
about the only thing bill minds is destruction of private property and littering. :D

Never played before I was going last year but it was on my ex girlfriend and mine 1 yr and I figured it would be bad idea to go disc on that day. I have heard its very tight... but Never played. I know he said last year all holes were between 100 and 175 feet.

Imagine the deep nine at White Hall with 8ft wide fairways and that's what its like. Very hard, me personally have never played it, but many of my friends have. The place to go is Blue Gill, I'm might be playing there on Wednesday, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm good with what ever everyone else is good with, its going to be my fall vacation so I have no problems with what ever we do..... as long as I am discing! No word on the rest of Team Bert, but I'm sure one or two will be down. I'm getting excited just thinking of a glow round at flip, never done it.
Biz

yeah, I don't think bill would mind...
about the only thing bill minds is destruction of private property and littering. :D
And "shining the hole." If you play glow with bill, do not shine your flashlight down the hole to light it up, he gets really mad, lol. Apparently he kicked a guy out at glow leagues for that.

First "prize disc" obtained today!

IMAG0152.jpg

just sent out a mass pm to the people who expressed interest in the first thread...
hopefully we can get some more folks on board.

Hey fellers and brethren alike, just logged on to dgcr for the first time in a lil while. Ive only been able to get out a few times discing this year, been super busy traveling around MI for work. The flip city meet is always a blast. Flip is beautiful. Ill do my best to make it. I'm probably a bit rusty but would love to get out, see some friends and do some chuckin. Ill keep in touch and thanks Jeff for organizing things this year, Ive been out of the loop, missing disc golf and all the fun and shenanigans that goes along with it. Ill talk with y'all soon.

Terry, we look forward to having you... Be great to hang out again!

Latest posts