• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official 2014 DGCR Secret Santa Thread

Mine will be going out tomorrow with some high quality von Drehle toilet paper.

I am overwhelmed by the amount of stuff my Secret Santa sent to me, you truly went above and beyond what I ever expected. Cannot wait to let some plastic fly. The retro t-shirt is one of the coolest things ever and the supercolor buzzz is amazing. Definitely giving all of them a try.

Thanks Again Santa

2943qqf.jpg

Wow Secret Santa.. this is insane!

Crazy highlights...
Z Meteor !!!!
Glo FB and Metal Flake FB
Nicely seasoned ORC
Ugly inked but smoothed rimmed seasoned QMS
Flat (flattest I have seen..) grippy JK Valk thrower.. must go a mile downwind..
CZ and OS Buzzzes
2 Leopards
Ch Tee-Bird
3 Rocs
Star Skeeter
UB Monstrum - what a weird disc !
Ventilated circle gazelle
..bunch more discs ...Qolf, Archon, Nuke, Aviar.. bunches
Vibram shirt
Lots of minis
Stickers
Koozies
Sheel's gift card
Skittles
Chessey snacks -mighty good!

opened at a friends party garage

wow, thank you!

Wow Secret Santa.. this is insane!

Crazy highlights...
Z Meteor !!!!
Glo FB and Metal Flake FB
Nicely seasoned ORC
Ugly inked but smoothed rimmed seasoned QMS
Flat (flattest I have seen..) grippy JK Valk thrower.. must go a mile downwind..
CZ and OS Buzzzes
2 Leopards
Ch Tee-Bird
3 Rocs
Star Skeeter
UB Monstrum - what a weird disc !
Ventilated circle gazelle
..bunch more discs ...Qolf, Archon, Nuke, Aviar.. bunches
Vibram shirt
Lots of minis
Stickers
Koozies
Sheel's gift card
Skittles
Chessey snacks -mighty good!

opened at a friends party garage

wow, thank you!

Hope you enjoy! The discs I had from your wish list weren't necessarily in the best condition or exactly what you were looking for so I figured I would hook it up and you could trade/sell for the ones you really want.

In my estimation the Flat 4X JK Valk is the closest thing to a flat CE Valk. The Orc is a cheaper, easier to find similar disc to a CE Valk as well.

Merry Christmas!

PS, sorry I did not have any shirts in your exact size but thought that one could shrink if washed on hot.

Now, who's going to open my last package?

I am overwhelmed by the amount of stuff my Secret Santa sent to me, you truly went above and beyond what I ever expected. Cannot wait to let some plastic fly. The retro t-shirt is one of the coolest things ever and the supercolor buzzz is amazing. Definitely giving all of them a try.

Thanks Again Santa

Hope you enjoy!

Those FD's are some of the straightest fairway drivers on the planet. The DD is (1) notch above your desired speed but I figured with the light weight it would still fly a country mile. Plus it was too darn pretty not to buy :)

Now get out there and throw those discs.

Wow ... Is all I can say. Got home last night after being out of town for a few days to the craziest SS package ever. All I can say is THANK YOU - You did an amazing job with the current likes and new stuff to try. The blue Destroyer is perfect! Picture following in next post.

Innova T-Shirt
Discraft hat
Towel - Something I love in players packs and you can never have too many!
Snacks - All that I will eat (If my son doesn't grab them!)
3 Minis - None of which i currently have
Stickers
License Plate Frame
And the CRAZY stack of plastic......
Legacy Outlaw - Been wanting to try one
EStar XCaliber
2013 Discraft Ti Ace Race disc
2014 Discraft Z Ace Race Disc
UB Candy Driver - I have a putter from Worlds but haven't tried the driver!
Vibram Summit - Very soft
Tye-Dye Champ Firebird
Glow Champ Firebird - Never too many!!!!!
Champ Teebird - See Firebird Comment!
BLUE AJ Star Destroyer - Perfect
Innova Air Force Orange Destroyer
Innove Air Force MF Max - Love this disc!

picture.php

Please remember, if you haven't shipped yet, today is the deadline.

Santa!!!!! My first package has arrived and I couldn't be more thankful

In the box:
Yeti avair(tournament stamp)
Team stamp Buzzz
Star Teebird
$ Wizard
Coozie
Jones soda patch
Strawberry granola bar

I'm so happy with these discs. Can't wait to get out and throw them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 34
Had some great fun with a couple Secret Santa discs today with a playmate.

Meteor. Neither of us had tried before and it got thrown every hole as an extra. A glidey QMS? A long ROC with less fade? wants to really glide. finicky release angle? For me very worth exploring with some field work and getting used to rim. Buddy claims he is ordering 2 immediately (which I argue to him it would just add a mold and his ROCs are fine...)

Flat JK Valk. Not as much work and mostly as a standstill / half step (slushy conditions). It does have some stability to it. Hopefully it will see good clean run-ups soon.

so many more to try out.........

thank again!

Received my package today and just wanted to say Thanks Santa!! Candy also wanted to extend her thanks :D.

Disc are a Red Champion Leopard, Glow Gateway Putter(Bead feels smaller than a Wizard but I don't have any around to compare) , and an Eclipse Ion.

58MWP2Zl.jpg

tuEO8lvl.jpg

qycl5Lxl.jpg

Got my package today:
16097935361_ba28e55b43_c.jpg

2011 Ace Race disc(Zeppelin, I think), Money putter, and a US-1 upshot disc(putter).

Nothing from my wish list, but there was an old guitar tuner, some birdie beads, a beanie, and a set of Ferrari stickers from 9 years ago when they still ran 3.0L V10s.

I'm happy with it, I'm always much more a giver than a receiver!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

10846161_753876067993299_663432044199027363_n.jpg

...more fun with secret Santa discs today
The shotgun ventilated circle gazelle now proudly resides over a party garage doorway with a few old non throwers. A righteous addition.
Popped into a bar Christmas evening popular with some area old disc golf cooters. Rifled through the box and fun 'traded' a Ch Roc+ and Ch Archon for a couple beers. Good times.
Again, above and beyond Santa.

Last edited:
My second secret Santa should receive Saturday. A man of distinction with few wants. Discs picked leaning towards newbie starter giveaway stock...
I forgot to enclose a note. Do not fear the small bottle of distilled goodness. I myself sourced the rye from an organic farm in northeast Iowa. A dear friend and scientist did the ferment and distilling taking only the smoothest of the second heart run. Has about 16 months of age and is a good sipper. Suggest poured over big ice cubes... But flasked of bottle on a sub 50 degree day would be cool too.

My tracking # to my SS shows as delivered today.....can't wait to see if he likes it!

Thanks for the laugh Bennett. Sadly, my daughter enjoyed some smores in the back yard tonight from said disc being lit for a bonfire.

image.jpg

just teasing, I am going to give to one of my Grabber (as my daughter calls them) disc golf buddies

Latest posts