• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania Support Reply

will DM ever produce soft d line p2's like the first runs?

Good question, most likely no. The closest we have come so far were the golf ball white P2's we released about 2 months ago. Those were certainly stiffer than the FR ones but still had the grip and chalky feeling of those first run ones. Next best bet would be whenever we release black next time. Those may be softer than the rest, as they have been in the past.

Discmania Support Reply

which discmania account? I can't find it in all their accounts.. discmaniatour, discmaniastore, discmaniadiscs, discmaniacombine or teamdiscmania??

I mainly just want to see the profile compared to the regular p3.

The P3 has a higher dome on it than the P3x will. You can find the video of Erno throwing his prototype P3x in his Instagram video. You will most likely not be able to find that in any of our official Discmania media outlets.

Are they flatter than regular c-lines?

What videos are you talking about?

Firm Rush stamp white and blues are the most stable with sharper fade out of all the s-line TD's I've tried. I have tried one pink that is flippy and a few reds that were flippy as well. Compared to a roadrunner which slowly fades after the turn, S-TD's have sharper fade even when flippy. I believe some of the mini-stamp STDs are old runs from the rush stamp days. I also have a few mini-shield bright green and blues that are a little softer with more dome that are stable but with out the sharper fade at the end. All are great discs and I throw them tons. In my bag I have two 171 firm white rush stamps (one newer for straight and one beat for flippy lines) and a red 168 pat# S-pd for overstable. I love this slot in my bag. I also carry an overstable flat champ thunderbird for side arms. If they make Swirl-TD's I hope they are as stable and stiff as the older rush runs.

The older runs of TD were more stable for sure. These ones typically had a bit more dome and were considerably stiffer than the new ones are now. You will be able to tell that the new runs have more gloss to the plastic and have more grip as well. On top of all that, the new runs are a little gummier and definitely are less stable as well. We wanted the TD to fly like a TD should, so the newer plastic blend helps achieve that goal.

we just need some S line fd2's ,i really feel that one of those that is broken in some,will fly like a 2nd run fd.

One day we will have such a thing. We have a few important projects to push through first and then we can head down that road. The FD2 was originally created to emulate the 2nd run FD and all runs after that initial batch came out too overstable so we had to go back to the drawing board. We are always keeping these ideas in the back of our heads so rest assured we are working on such things.

Two of those proto md4 have surfaced on FB and Jussi confirmed the actual MD4 will be much different in look/feel than the one pictured there.

Correct, this new mold is vastly different than what that prototype was and we have tried to help make that clear to everyone out there just in case they get any funny ideas in their heads.

Just got my new Retro stamp P3. Love it, very clean feeling in the hands, flys super nice and great feel. Can I expect more of this in future C-line runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, we are glad you like it!! This is our favorite run to date and has been a pleasure to throw. You can expect more of the same from here on out. The grip on them is unrivaled by most discs we have made so far.

OH I know, haha they need to make a run that is a little stable, not much more, just a tiiiiinge.

I have a Max weight C- Glow and its pretty darn nice. Its actually almost TOO LONG for my fairways its so buttery and glidey. FD was a great mold tho, love it.

We are always working on such a thing and want to make sure that a more overstable FD that can be coined as a "2nd run" replica will be perfect. No updates on that yet.

Discmania Support Reply

This has got to be my top want from Discmania also. S-line Cd2's are amazing and a disc I wish I had decided to add to my bag long before I did. But finding good looking, easy to see Swirly ones is tough.....Standard s-line would make that easier

Agreed. We want to make all of our molds in traditional plastic at some point. This is an expensive path to go down though and we need to be mindful of our purchases as a growing company. Our goal is to expand our reaches by quite a bit soon and those stock runs are important for doing so. Stock CD2, MD3, and FD2/FD3 are front runners for some of the first molds to be stock S-Line runs. For now, no real timeline on those, however

Any plans on releasing the CD2 in standard S-line? I absolutely LOVE my Swirly S-line CD2's, and would love to at least see them produced in standard S-line.

Should be just a matter of time. Most likely not this year though. We have some other neat stuff to pump out first before we proceed with stock options for some other discs.

Also just got my first ace today with that bad boy. Will they be available in retail outlets ever?

They should be popping up in stores now. We have been distributing all of the ones we have gotten so far so if you have a store locally that does not have what you need, have them give us a shout. We would love to help them out.

Discmania Support Reply

...We need another MORTAR

Well, we never try to imitate any mold that exists for sure. You may find that the MD4 will be a great addition to any bag and may replace a few of your overstable molds in your lineup.

I've seen the pictures of the prototype MD4. It looked super domey & had a bead. I heard (on here) that the final release of the MD4 won't be that prototype. I hope they make the MD4 FLAT & BEADLESS. We don't need another Gator.

These MD4's will not be like those yellow ones emerging on the internet. As far as the profile specifics, you will find out soon

I like the C-Line CD3, and I think the S-Line CD3 would be an awesome bomber. So please make my production S-CD3 dream a reality. :) TIA.

S-CD3 is inevitable for sure. You will be thrilled with how those fly.

Why Discmania doesn't run all their molds in standard production S-line still confuses me. I really wish they could ramp up their production, at least to produce all their current molds in their standard plastic choices.

But really though, S-line CD2's please!!

S-Line CD2 is a top choice for stock releases coming soon. As far as all of the other ones to be made in all plastics, that is quite the costly purchase to make for a growing company and not the best business model to follow either. We like to take our time and make sure things are flying the way we want them to and release one at a time. The same thing goes for all companies in any industry. But to answer your plea, S-CD2 has been brought to the table.

Yeah swirly S-CD2s are in a lot of players bags, but sadly they are hard to get and cost close to 30€

Standard run would be guaranteed hit

Agreed

s-md3, s-fd3, s-cd2 please!

I'm just here to ask for S Line Plastic (NOT SWIRLY!)

This is from Jussi's Instagram-stories. Looks like flat and beefy :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170524-181117.jpg
    Screenshot_20170524-181117.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20170524-181149.jpg
    Screenshot_20170524-181149.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 75
This is from Jussi's Instagram-stories. Looks like flat and beefy :D

I wouldn't say flat, but it does look like S Line! I can't believe it! I just bought this Star Rhyno too because I thought it would take years to come out in S Line... we'll see!

New teaser post on FB about a limited run of S Line CD3

Just let me know when real production starts on those other S Lines...

When will we see more mystery boxes? I'm looking to grab at least 2 if not more depending on what they contain.

When will we see more mystery boxes? I'm looking to grab at least 2 if not more depending on what they contain.

Mystery boxes? I was unaware of such a thing. Are they on the discmania store when avail?

Read the Discmania Support answers. I believe S-MD3 is solidly on the list of likely std run, although now yet for a while.

Mystery boxes are often a holiday thing. Not sure they have ever happened in the summer. Black friday would be my guess.

Asked eagle on a live Instagram feed of his - "what would your dream configuration of an FDx be?". I mentioned my idea of FD top and whippet bottom. He wants FD top and teebird bottom (sounds like it would give a lot more flight than my mold LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts