• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jussi hinted at a stable fairway at one point. Thats all I know. Other than that I have no intel about whats coming out this year. Last year was cool when you knew what was slated for release, even though the wait was even worse then, knowing. :D

Hopefully not before we see some new runs of S-FD and S-PD.

^^^ This

I just want to try an S-CD2. From what I hear it might fill a slot in my bag. In the meantime I am trying other discs.

If one of those other discs fills the missing slot in my bag, then I suppose Discmania will sell slightly fewer discs.

When two similar molds are competing for a slot in my bag, the winner is often the one that is readily available.

I've heard the SFD and SPD will be back in stock in the next few weeks.

Also, Facebook just showed me a stock stamp C-Line PDX

I recently read a theory regarding MF discs and how they beat in a little faster and more thoroughly than regular plastic. The thousands of little tiny pieces of metal suspended in the plastic actually break the plastic chains on a molecular level. Every time these discs are thrown and have an impact on the ground or a tree, the tiny flakes of glitter move slightly more than particles of plastic would.

I don't know how true this is, but it made sense to me. Everyone who has bagged a MF disc for an extended period of time knows how amazing they feel once you beat them in. Food for thought!

we got another redditor

I don't think it's metal, I believe it's mylar. That'd render the reddit theory.. wrong ;)

I've flown with MF discs, they didn't raise any interest.. so I really don't think it's metal.

Just thought I'd pop my head and and thank DM for the Doombird FD3! What a great disc. It flies just like my KJ TBs but 40-50' longer. Very predictable and trustworthy. Keep them coming!

I don't think it's metal, I believe it's mylar. That'd render the reddit theory.. wrong ;)

I've flown with MF discs, they didn't raise any interest.. so I really don't think it's metal.

Interestingly enough, the discs show up as blue on the x-ray, and usually blue means metal. Thats where the metal salts as weighing agent theory comes in. Generally plastic is orange on the screen. In any case, whatever the color, often operators have no concerns over them, unless something funny comes up on the image in combination with them, or if there are so many at such an angle that it is not clear if something else could be under there.

I recently read a theory regarding MF discs and how they beat in a little faster and more thoroughly than regular plastic. The thousands of little tiny pieces of metal suspended in the plastic actually break the plastic chains on a molecular level. Every time these discs are thrown and have an impact on the ground or a tree, the tiny flakes of glitter move slightly more than particles of plastic would.

I don't know how true this is, but it made sense to me. Everyone who has bagged a MF disc for an extended period of time knows how amazing they feel once you beat them in. Food for thought!

So pieces of glitter flakes that are big enough for us to see, are going to slice apart C-C bonds in the polymer chains? :doh:

They definitely cause the polymer to grow/form around the flakes, but I doubt it changes the chain length or anything at all significant during polymerization. Maybe little pockets form around the flakes or something eventually. Tell the redditor they are wrong.

So pieces of glitter flakes that are big enough for us to see, are going to slice apart C-C bonds in the polymer chains? :doh:

They definitely cause the polymer to grow/form around the flakes, but I doubt it changes the chain length or anything at all significant during polymerization. Maybe little pockets form around the flakes or something eventually. Tell the redditor they are wrong.

Honestly I wouldn't know. I could imagine having foreign objects embedded in the plastic making a difference, but it's not my field. I'm glad we have so many experts here though, that's why I brought it up! I get it, it's a dumb theory, case closed.

Honestly I wouldn't know. I could imagine having foreign objects embedded in the plastic making a difference, but it's not my field. I'm glad we have so many experts here though, that's why I brought it up! I get it, it's a dumb theory, case closed.

Yep, and I know you're just repeating something so don't take it aggressively/personally.

Discmania Support Reply

What's the difference in flight characteristics between the p-line and swirly s-line MD3?

The P-Line ones are definitely a bit straighter in flight and will break in quicker. S-Line is always more durable and should handle some more snap. Most MD3 lovers tend to have a P-Line in the bag and look forward to seasoning it just right so they can pull off some amazing shots with them.
Just dropping in to request a less premium plastic md4 again. D-Line would be ideal but p-line would be great too.

You may get your wish with something special this year. Hard to say exactly what that mold may be, though :)

Any absolutely new discs coming in 2018 to the Discmania line up?

suggestion something along the line of a speed 4 glide 3 turn 0 fade 2?

and BTW love my Discmania toque there seems to be two runs one with a bright orange pom pom on top and one without cool stuff.

There will definitely be some brand new discs coming out this year. We would expect there to be some buzz in the air fairly soon. **no Discraft pun intended

Why is it so hard to find normal production discmania discs even on the biggest disc golf retailers websites?

This is a project that we have been working on. Discmania has taken over full distribution in the US and all orders have been pumped up considerably with production. Though there may be a small delay in the supply chain during this time, you can expect to see just about everything you need very soon.

Discmania Support Reply

How long before we see a new release from Discmania??

Hopefully not before we see some new runs of S-FD and S-PD.

There will be many new releases this year! The PDx just was set loose today and we have more to come soon. Discmania has some great products of all kinds just on the horizon.

There is a brand new run of S-Line PD on the website already for sure. S-Line FD's are just about to be made so likely by the end of the month we should be back on track.

Discmania Support Reply

Jussi hinted at a stable fairway at one point. Thats all I know. Other than that I have no intel about whats coming out this year. Last year was cool when you knew what was slated for release, even though the wait was even worse then, knowing. :D

We have all kinds of awesome things coming. You can definitely count on a brand new mold or two that will be unleashed this year.

^^^ This

I just want to try an S-CD2. From what I hear it might fill a slot in my bag. In the meantime I am trying other discs.

If one of those other discs fills the missing slot in my bag, then I suppose Discmania will sell slightly fewer discs.

When two similar molds are competing for a slot in my bag, the winner is often the one that is readily available.

CD2's are another thing that are coming. C-Line for sure will return in full force, though there are always some in stock on the store usually. As far as S-Line goes, you never know! :) The glow ones are amazing by the way. These are just as grippy, if not more, and fly just like an S-Line one does.

Just thought I'd pop my head and and thank DM for the Doombird FD3! What a great disc. It flies just like my KJ TBs but 40-50' longer. Very predictable and trustworthy. Keep them coming!

Doom Birds will be back again soon! We are glad you like them and know that it makes a great tool to have in the bag always.

CD2's are another thing that are coming. C-Line for sure will return in full force, though there are always some in stock on the store usually. As far as S-Line goes, you never know! :) The glow ones are amazing by the way. These are just as grippy, if not more, and fly just like an S-Line one does.

I will second this, the glow CD2s are great, very flat and gummy. Great flight and great plastic.

Seeing all the stacks and stacks of new P2s all over online stores social media accounts is making me super jealous. I keep hoping they are P3s but nope. :(

Discmania Support Reply

i dont mean to beat a dead horse butttttttt P Line MD3s?

P-Line MD3's will return. Possibly even the Driver Pro ones one day but no promises on those. We have a lot of production orders in place at the moment and they just need to be added into the mix when there is time. 2 months tops we should be back on track with just about everything.

Seeing all the stacks and stacks of new P2s all over online stores social media accounts is making me super jealous. I keep hoping they are P3s but nope. :(

P3 is another mold that needs to be made. They will be for sure, but other molds like the FD and CD2 are ahead of the others at the moment. 2 months time and we should be good to go with just about everything we need.

Any chance of color glow CD2's in the future?

Glow CD2's most likely will be at least a year before they are run again. Perhaps there could be another sweet version of the CD2 though this year. Who knows!?

Are the new DD'S domey or flat?

The new run of DD's have a little bit of dome. Pretty much in between flat and domey if that helps. I know that isn't terribly specific but I'm sure you get the point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts