• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda bored with all the salty posts about how DM deliberately does not manufacture exactly what you want and place it in the store right next to you. Seems to be a popular bandwagon to be on. As if it was that easy. Yeah it is when youre Innova but DM is not.

it really is a larger issue though. its impossible to find certain molds at certain times of the year. I never have an issue but many people do.

it really is a larger issue though. its impossible to find certain molds at certain times of the year. I never have an issue but many people do.

Agreed, I was looking for a s-line FD 165-170 from Feb till a months ago and gave up, it's a popular driver, get's good reviews, I enjoyed the one I borrowed and would liked to have bagged one but I'm not going to chase them on ebay or scour random shops for one. Say I did find one, loved it then somehow lost it, then the search for another begins again.

I see some max weight ones are starting to come in, maybe in a month the lighter ones will show up but that's at least 6 months that they have been rare as hens teeth. No thanks, it's almost like bagging some old CE disc that's next to irreplaceable.

I will concede on the weight issue, never really paid too much attention to it. I play mostly with 175g or some grams less because thats what seems to be out there the most anyway.

Kinda bored with all the salty posts about how DM deliberately does not manufacture exactly what you want and place it in the store right next to you. Seems to be a popular bandwagon to be on. As if it was that easy. Yeah it is when youre Innova but DM is not.

Don't forget to mention that they are the exact same company.

They are not the same exact company, come on. I'm pretty tired of it too. I know my D-P3 posts may have contributed to the problem but through out the whole time I have been posting I completely understood the low priority of the disc in their line-up. My posts should not be taken seriously.

I was typing a long response about how you will survive if the weight is slightly off and if you want to invest in backing up your discs it takes work yada yada.. but I got tired of that too.

Sooo when are the new D-P3's dropping?

Don't forget to mention that they are the exact same company.

Discmania is the same company as Innova as is to how Infinite Discs is the same company as Innova... meaning, they're not and we're not.

Both companies have different ownership, DM just has Innova produce their plastic, the same as we do. We have to be very specific in the number of discs we can run and what weights we want, and it doesn't always work out exactly as you plan it. It also takes months and months to get on Innova's factory schedule, so when DM says, we need more FD's, usually it's quite a ways away.

My only guess as to the max weight thing is they probably would rather just have max weights to last as long as they can till their next run comes along. When we ran the Pharaoh and Exodus we sold out of max weights first and only had lightweights left. They definitely cater to some people, but most discs sell out max weights first.

But I'm not speaking for Discmania, just as to how our experience is as a company that has Innova manufacture our discs.

Speaking of, are more coming? This mold is way more useful than I ever imagined it would be.

It is supposed to be this month, but we haven't had word they've been made yet... so maybe August. This time there should be more swirls, a couple different plastic types (over the next couple months). There will be quite a few more GG ones this time.

Discmania Support Reply

Dear Discmania - Please Make more S line CD's - Swirly runs would be nice - I feel this is a forgotten disc in the Discmania line-up if it were more available I would stock up on them. Also Champ Glow TD's would be awesome - and MD 3,4,5 :)

There will definitely be another run of the CD coming and hopefully a special run too. Stay tuned!

Discmania Support Reply

They are not the same exact company, come on. I'm pretty tired of it too. I know my D-P3 posts may have contributed to the problem but through out the whole time I have been posting I completely understood the low priority of the disc in their line-up. My posts should not be taken seriously.

I was typing a long response about how you will survive if the weight is slightly off and if you want to invest in backing up your discs it takes work yada yada.. but I got tired of that too.

Sooo when are the new D-P3's dropping?

We have them! They will drop soon. The stock stamp proved to be a little troublesome to stamp so we may elect to produce another design on them instead. They will return very soon. They feel a little more solid and beefy in hand as well and think people are going to love them!

it's a good thing the plastic is gummy and amazing for the swirly cd2, because the one I received is missing all of the swirl. What appeared yellow online, arrived a bland peach skin color with all of the swirl missing. Disappointing

Discmania Support Reply

Yeah man. Now that the stock S-CD2 has a date, all I need is a MD5 date and my life will be pretty much complete.

It's coming. Production on those will begin quite soon.

Any word on the MD5? Flight numbers, release date? Tease us with something.

MD5 is exactly what everyone has been needing. No teasers just yet.

it's a good thing the plastic is gummy and amazing for the swirly cd2, because the one I received is missing all of the swirl. What appeared yellow online, arrived a bland peach skin color with all of the swirl missing. Disappointing

The CD2 definitely had some duds in there but the plastic itself and the art especially does the talking for this disc. Our artist works tirelessly on these designs and we hope that when the swirls aren't mind blowing sometimes, hopefully the art will pack just as much of a punch.

Any ETA on swirly S-Line runs of the P3? It's been awhile, I need some backups.

Swirl P3 has no schedule at this point unfortunately. There is a chance it will appear again next year but that's as much as we know right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts