• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we get a down and dirty answer why we get mostly green and sandy yellow-brown Swirly discs instead of mostly pink, red, purple, blue, orange, dayglo or maybe even black/greys.
Yes we get some of those. But by-golly if you look at a lot of 25 of em, maybe half are desirable to someone.
Actually we just want blue ones. Instead of making all the colors mixed together, just make a whole batch of 2000 blue Swirly and 2000 pink swirly - just like there's only 4 colors of Evolution plastics.

Could we get a down and dirty answer why we get mostly green and sandy yellow-brown Swirly discs instead of mostly pink, red, purple, blue, orange, dayglo or maybe even black/greys.
Yes we get some of those. But by-golly if you look at a lot of 25 of em, maybe half are desirable to someone.
Actually we just want blue ones. Instead of making all the colors mixed together, just make a whole batch of 2000 blue Swirly and 2000 pink swirly - just like there's only 4 colors of Evolution plastics.

My theory is that it's Innova's way of using excess/leftover plastic. They mix the colors together and this is what we get. Then we pay $20+ for the special stamps.

My theory is that it's Innova's way of using excess/leftover plastic. They mix the colors together and this is what we get. Then we pay $20+ for the special stamps.

Used to be echostar for a discount, now it's swirled star for a premium! Hope whoever came up with this one got a fat bonus.

When can we expect to see more black putters? I'd love a few D line P2's and P1X's, as well as some Tiger Warriors.

We're back! Sorry for the delays. Royal Rage should be here in 2 months or less.

Hey Discmania, sounds like there are a number of people still very interested in the release date of full production Royal Rages! End of this month would be 2 months since the above post, got a date for us? <3

Maybe something went wrong. Idk. What I do know though, is I don't envy Discmania Support.

Link to the old May/June release screenshot:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68161&d=1556121060

I don't blame them for reaching out to other manufacturers. They have fans with money burning holes in their pockets and no discs to sell. Hundreds of posts a year on here with people begging for their favorite molds to be stocked in no-brainer plastics and configurations, and it's always "those are coming sometime soon."

At a certain point as a guy who throws a mixed bag, I'm ready to say forget it and decide to be content with a GStar teebird.

Weird how all their scrap is tan yellow and green, hardly any blue at all

Discmania Support Reply

I'm excited about the DD3 and Iron Samurai dropping tomorrow, but I'm curious if there's any updated info on when a stock run of the F2v3 will be released? Loving the Royal Rage.

There will be a stock run of the FD2 this year but the slot hasn't been made yet for a release date. Most likely in the next couple of months.

That mad scramble to complete a checkout for an MD3 and DD3 was not fun.

1) put a limit on how many discs one customer can buy on new/limited releases.
2) once you click "checkout" the items in your cart should not be able to be sniped as you are selecting shipping and filling out payment. I had to reselect discs 4 times after selecting shipping.

This is something we've been working on diligently to find a solution for. We've struck out a few times with web developers but are determined to get it taken care of as fast as possible.

Not in disagreement. The current stock does not reflect the small availabilities over the past 3 years. Things may be currently improving, but I have found other options, more readily available and without inflation.

The discmania boat has sailed, and I am indifferent about missing it.

A growing company unfortunately passes those same pains onto customers inevitably. Orders that are far too massive and in multiple products can sink a company very quickly so it's risky business not being careful with purchases. Many factors come into play such as the main one which is purchasing products a minimum of 6+ months in advance that don't meet the high demand when the product is ready to sell. Case: Cloud Breaker.

The production numbers we ordered late last year were based on current demand, following, and growth numbers but by the time they were ready to sell the demand was much higher. We're always learning and growing while making sure each decision made is also to ensure the success of the company in the long run and not making risky choices that could be devastating. We'll get there.

Discmania Support Reply

Any chance that there will be more P1's run in soft p-line? It's darn near indestructible but my greatest fear is losing one and not being able to get a replacement since I use them for most of my putter drives (and upshots and putts).[/QUOTE]

The P1 won't be run in the soft plastic most likely but you can expect more Soft P2 to pop up as well as the P1x again most likely. Possibly another mold as well :)

Will we see another run of the P1x in S-line (or swirly)? I picked up a swirly P1x a while back and it's been my main approach disc for a while. The S-line keeps it reliably stable even in headwinds, but it never really fades. Would love to see it in regular S-line too.

Also, when is the next run of [stiff] P-line P2s? Stock seems to have dried up for the most part. I see the randoms left on a handful of websites, but not much of a selection.

Next batch of P-Line P2 is due in a couple weeks. D-Line too. As far as the swirly putters go we won't do any this year but will take a look next year. More than likely the P1x won't be made again in swirl plastic.

I think at this point, we've all realized that the Guardian Lion/Tiger Warrior has become a diamond in the rough that everyone is loving. I have personally put one in my bag and it's currently on the brink of bumping out my P3X all together.

With that being said, when can we expect to get a Tiger Warrior in a premium plastic?

Not in 2019 for sure. I can't disclose any info concerning plans for new plastics in Active line currently. Sorry about that!

Are there any more Active line discs in the works for 2019?

No new Active molds planned for 2019 but you can expect us to look to expand a bit the following year.

You mentioned P-Line drivers twice, but didn't mention mid's. Will we be getting more P-line MD3's (and 4's)?

Like stiff P-Line? I'm not sure we have ever run out of them online.

https://www.discmania.net/collections/md3/products/p-line-md3-store-mini-stamp
https://www.discmania.net/collections/md4/products/p-line-md4
https://www.discmania.net/collectio...-md4-first-release-2018-pro-worlds-fundraiser

Will the three-tooled FD2 (royal rage mold) be released as a stock disc anytime soon? or will it be a recurring tour series disc?

We've planned on a restock and those will indeed be made in about a month or two

Any ETA on when these will show up in retail shops? Hopefully a fair amount will be less than max weight.

Cloud Breakers will return very shortly. Lower weights included.
DD3 next batch will have plenty of lower weights as well. Those will follow shortly after.

I saw Nate Perkins in the bag european open video, saw new discmania bag, when will it be available?

TBD. We're working on a few details on the bag before we proceed.

Does anyone else think that soft P line is more durable than X line?

The soft P line that the P1 was originally run in was kind of floppy, but seemed indestructible. The special edition soft P line P2 is also basically indestructible, and less floppy (in my opinion, perfection). However I have X line P1x's and while I love the flight and grip, they get dinged up really fast.

I would LOVE to see the P1x run in soft P line.

I'd say it's fairly certain you will see the P1x run again in soft plastic. P2 for sure will make another debut as well.

We haven't noticed the Soft plastic being more durable than X-Line but would be interested to hear from others. I'd venture to say the opposite but maybe other folks feel the same as you do.

Swirls are tough. I think there are many factors to the equation but they are unpredictable at times. Production is always finding new ways to perfect the process. In a nutshell, although muddy discs are undesirable, the fact that these discs are all basically unicorns make the Originals swirl discs highly sought after. We'd love for every one to be mind blowing but it's just not always in the cards. Based on that fact alone, that's why people love them so much because they are all so unique.

When can we expect to see more black putters? I'd love a few D line P2's and P1X's, as well as some Tiger Warriors.

New batches of both P and D-Line P2 due in a couple weeks. Keep you posted!

Hey Discmania, sounds like there are a number of people still very interested in the release date of full production Royal Rages! End of this month would be 2 months since the above post, got a date for us? <3

RR should make a comeback in the next month or so. We'll work hard to get these out as fast as we can.

Cloud Breakers will return very shortly. Lower weights included.
DD3 next batch will have plenty of lower weights as well. Those will follow shortly after.

I have no interest in these discs. My previous 2 inquiries were about a new run of PD, which you previously indicated would be out in July. So, when can we hope to see these in shops?

Great to know you are running the DD3 in lower weights, I'm confident that you can do the same with PDs.

Discmania Support Reply

I have no interest in these discs. My previous 2 inquiries were about a new run of PD, which you previously indicated would be out in July. So, when can we hope to see these in shops?

Great to know you are running the DD3 in lower weights, I'm confident that you can do the same with PDs.

We'll have a special version of the PD coming very soon with some portions of it in the 170 range but not many. Our next production batches of S and C-Line PD should arrive some time in September or October at the latest most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts