• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to be placing an order for another run of discs in G-Line plastic. Would love to get more FD's in that plastic, and NOT max weight.

I would track down what you can now

I did that to rebuild a winter bag

Got tired of brick hard premium plastic

Hey Discmania!

Would you say that your printed flight numbers are intended to represent:
1) a brand new disc
2) a disc with some rounds on it

My very limited experience is C-line FD3 numbers represent new discs (I have two), but the c-line FD numbers are after much use.

I was tired of waiting for the Essence to restock, so I bought the Evolution Starter Pack. The Geo Essence in it is an excellent disc. Its flatter and seems to be more stable than the Neo seen on YT videos. - At least when still new.
The Geo origin is also very nice. Flatter than the Neo, more comfortable in my hand and just as understable.
The Geo plastic by the feel of it seems to be in between Exo hard and Exo soft. - very grippy.

Last edited:
In case you wonder, how stable the 174g Geo Essence is while new? For me its more stable than my year old 174g S-line FD and less stable than a few weeks old 170g Meta Instinct.
For MVP comparison, its about the same as a new'ish Neutron Volt for me.

Last edited:
When will there be a restock on MD's?

I have been curious about this myself. I'm a bit worried b/c today I noticed that Discmania has removed quite a few molds from the "discs" section of their website, including the MD, MD2, MD4, everything in the TD family, and a bunch of putters. I understand why they'd want to pare down their offerings, and especially try to cut back on Innova molds.

I'm afraid I'll have a hard time replacing D-Line MDs. I am relatively new to the D-Line MD love, but I have enjoyed it so much that I was going to buy 4 or 5 next time a restock occurred.

I'd love to hear if this is part of the plan moving forward, or if these missing molds are simply out of stock for the foreseeable future or something.

I have been curious about this myself. I'm a bit worried b/c today I noticed that Discmania has removed quite a few molds from the "discs" section of their website, including the MD, MD2, MD4, everything in the TD family, and a bunch of putters. I understand why they'd want to pare down their offerings, and especially try to cut back on Innova molds.

I'm afraid I'll have a hard time replacing D-Line MDs. I am relatively new to the D-Line MD love, but I have enjoyed it so much that I was going to buy 4 or 5 next time a restock occurred.

I'd love to hear if this is part of the plan moving forward, or if these missing molds are simply out of stock for the foreseeable future or something.

I noticed this too the other day. I hope their not either because I throw a good bit of discmania.

Uh oh both P1 and P1X are not listed on their website now. I can deal with one of those going out of production because they are pretty interchangeable. But not both. They are noticeably more neutral than anything else I have tried putting with.

Uh oh both P1 and P1X are not listed on their website now. I can deal with one of those going out of production because they are pretty interchangeable. But not both. They are noticeably more neutral than anything else I have tried putting with.

Has anything official come out about the discs they've removed from the website? Has the relationship with Innova soured since the Evolution and Active lines came out?

I don't understand how they could leave such a massive gap in their lineup by stopping production of the CD2.

Some P-line P1s and P1Xs popped up on infinitediscs today, FYI

Has anything official come out about the discs they've removed from the website? Has the relationship with Innova soured since the Evolution and Active lines came out?

I don't understand how they could leave such a massive gap in their lineup by stopping production of the CD2.

I wish we could get some official word regarding this too. The thought of no more MDs or CD2s is really concerning to me, and I love my MD4s too but am less concerned about that slot.

I think Innova is probably less than ideal to work with, especially on the scale that Discmania would like to. I've heard you have to schedule very limited times for your different runs, so it can be really hard to keep a full stable in stock. If I had to guess, DM is probably having an easier time getting what they need out of Lat64 and Yikun, and will probably move as many molds over to those companies as possible. P2s, MD3s, FDs, PDs, etc are so ubiquitous with the brand that they'll continue to make them until the cows come home.

This is all speculation of course but seems reasonable enough to me.

To be fair I think the Essence, Origin, and Instinct are all fantastic molds and I was quick to welcome them into my bag. The plastic is also very consistent and feels amazing, so this could be a good move in the long term. Just please keep running D-Line MDs!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.