• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DearDiscmania Support,
I love ❤️ the feel of the Rainmaker.
Is there any possibility that these will get to store shelves as normal stock?
I can't bring myself to putt with a limited run.
Anyways, my practice putting routine usually involves a stack of 5 or 10 discs.

Thinking about transferring to the Rainmaker as my main putter, but the Limited Edition is a deal killer…

Did some reading on older posts and got my answer.
Can't wait for full production!!!!!!!

Did some reading on older posts and got my answer.
Can't wait for full production!!!!!!!

Definitely in the same boat as you. I like the feel and the flight so far. The Logic has become my putter of choice over the last year and these fly pretty similarly. I am ready to see that production update and sad is hasn't come yet.

Definitely in the same boat as you. I like the feel and the flight so far. The Logic has become my putter of choice over the last year and these fly pretty similarly. I am ready to see that production update and sad is hasn't come yet.

I totally agree. We're waiting in a lot of things. DM said the had limited quantities of the CB3 due to shipping issues, but we never saw more. The glow Iron Samurai was supposed to come out during glow season, and that clock is ticking. No FD. No flex 1&3 P2s. No update. And a large pool of dissatisfied mystery box reviews. I'm hoping to see a tidal wave here soon!!

Comes from a place of love because the Discmaniacs have been through a lot the last couple of years.

Discmania Support Reply

I totally agree. We're waiting in a lot of things. DM said the had limited quantities of the CB3 due to shipping issues, but we never saw more. The glow Iron Samurai was supposed to come out during glow season, and that clock is ticking. No FD. No flex 1&3 P2s. No update. And a large pool of dissatisfied mystery box reviews. I'm hoping to see a tidal wave here soon!!

Comes from a place of love because the Discmaniacs have been through a lot the last couple of years.

We have, too :)

Lots of good news coming over the course of the next few weeks. Thanks for hanging in there

One thing to consider: My black box had a 20% off coupon that's valid through February. It would be very cool if product were stocked before then, and not so cool if product were stocked at the first of March.

But, it's a date to watch.

One thing to consider: My black box had a 20% off coupon that's valid through February. It would be very cool if product were stocked before then, and not so cool if product were stocked at the first of March.

But, it's a date to watch.

This got me wondering…DM is low on a LOT of things (again), but we know they're machines are not up and running at 100% capacity. Do you think they're saving/shipping discs for the biggest restock in the history of disc golf or do you think this ebb and flow will be how they have to restock since they have to split and ship their inventory overseas?

Leading to my ultimate question: do you think we will see a stateside manufacturing site for DM in the future (likely in Colorado), and do you think that would help with the problem?

This got me wondering…DM is low on a LOT of things (again), but we know they're machines are not up and running at 100% capacity. Do you think they're saving/shipping discs for the biggest restock in the history of disc golf or do you think this ebb and flow will be how they have to restock since they have to split and ship their inventory overseas?

Leading to my ultimate question: do you think we will see a stateside manufacturing site for DM in the future (likely in Colorado), and do you think that would help with the problem?

Stateside manufacturing wold be incredible for us players! Especially since shipping entire containers is now 1) much more expensive and 2) an excruciatingly long time lapse. It took DM a longtime to get any production at all, in Sweden, but maybe now they know the 'power' of possessing the means of production, they might consider your idea.

Before any of that might happen, I would expect to see ready stock of their popular molds.

Stateside manufacturing wold be incredible for us players! Especially since shipping entire containers is now 1) much more expensive and 2) an excruciatingly long time lapse. It took DM a longtime to get any production at all, in Sweden, but maybe now they know the 'power' of possessing the means of production, they might consider your idea.

Before any of that might happen, I would expect to see ready stock of their popular molds.

There is no doubt that stateside manufacturing will help. I imagine that in the grand scale of time, this is a matter of when rather than if, but perhaps if the supply chain catches up over the next couple of years (rather than worsening) this would be unnecessary. I think growing companies need to be looking at Discraft's production model right now - A little over a year ago their inventory was very hit and miss, now they have a pretty darn near constant supply of their popular molds with more and more plastic options. It is a little bit of a strange move to set up shop in Sweden when so much of the disc golf consumption is happening in the US. Jussi is smart though, I'm sure he has his reasons and long term vision.

On the separate point of the question of restock and inventory moving into the spring. I have to think that we are just on the edge of some big announcements. Late Dec and early Jan has nearly entirely involved finishing out mystery box season (I think DM will be glad to move on from that) and focusing on signings and team management. I imagine a lot of focus going into outfitting the team with discs for the upcoming season. With that all taken care of, there is no doubt that the focus for the next year has to be on steady releases and keeping inventory up to snuff. I do imagine there are going to be some supply "dumps" whether that be new molds, original re-stocks (MD3/P2 - S-line Please???), and updating the evolution line. I have to imagine that once the splice and mutant have their stock releases we will see a neo tactic come out with a stock release (How could it not?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZMwVqBl1YU/

February 16th ⚔️ Iron Samurai's third coming arrives with sharpened katanas and polished armor - in the form of a Color Glow C-line MD3!

The Iron Samurai 3 doesn't leave you cold as it comes in the brand new and shiny Color Glow C-line plastic! The new plastic type from our own manufacturing combines our popular Italian blend C-line with glowing properties. This plastic blend also offers a fantastic grippy feel and a top-tier durability!

Oh, and the stamp? It is inspired by the Mecha genre in anime which Eagle thought would fit perfectly in the evolution of the Iron Samurai. We agree ����

love the stamp, excited to see how these turn out :)

First of all DM - I'm stoked for the Iron Samurai 3, so thanks for brightening up my week.

It looks like Innova is putting out what I assume is another DM originals mold in the "Hawkeye" that recently got PDGA approval. So that is now 3 molds - the FD, PD, and what might be an FD2 from Innova in a matter of 6-8 weeks. What is the general thought on this from Discmania throwers? I cannot help but feel slightly perturbed at the childish behavior as in - first undercutting DMs supply knowing full well that Innova owned the molds and then turning around to re-sell the molds on their own. I get that they are good molds and I am half tempted to try them out, but honestly don't really feel like giving my money to Innova based not only on their treatment of their players (based on reports from Kona, Ricky, etc) but also how they totally screwed DM over.

How many people are going to pick up these new re-branded DM originals from Innova?

Right now they are all outrageously expensive, both Innova's reborn molds and DiscMania's Italian blends.

Maybe if one or the other drops to 15-18 bucks I might try one or the other.

First of all DM - I'm stoked for the Iron Samurai 3, so thanks for brightening up my week.

It looks like Innova is putting out what I assume is another DM originals mold in the "Hawkeye" that recently got PDGA approval. So that is now 3 molds - the FD, PD, and what might be an FD2 from Innova in a matter of 6-8 weeks. What is the general thought on this from Discmania throwers? I cannot help but feel slightly perturbed at the childish behavior as in - first undercutting DMs supply knowing full well that Innova owned the molds and then turning around to re-sell the molds on their own. I get that they are good molds and I am half tempted to try them out, but honestly don't really feel like giving my money to Innova based not only on their treatment of their players (based on reports from Kona, Ricky, etc) but also how they totally screwed DM over.

How many people are going to pick up these new re-branded DM originals from Innova?

Hawkeye is the FD. They only ran that one "troll" run of fairway disc and then resubmitted it for approval with a new name. Hailey King confirmed that it is the FD in an interview that she did.

Hawkeye is the FD. They only ran that one "troll" run of fairway disc and then resubmitted it for approval with a new name. Hailey King confirmed that it is the FD in an interview that she did.

It's possible that Hailey is not correct. The measurements listed for the two on the pdga site are slightly different. Wouldn't be the first time a pro is wrong about something

It's possible that Hailey is not correct. The measurements listed for the two on the pdga site are slightly different. Wouldn't be the first time a pro is wrong about something

Holy **** stop looking at the measurements on the pdga site and making conclusions. They are always inaccurate.
iT's NoT aN fD tHe MeAsUrEmEnTs ArE dIfFeRrEnT. hAiLeY mUsT bE wRoNg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts