• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DD is just like the FD2 in my mind - a forgotten mold. If I didn't hoard about 12 old stock s-line DD's I would be hurting right now. Great controlled forehand disc! Surprised people throw the PD2 over the DD given the average arm speed of most players. If the course is in the woods or needs placement fairway shots I bring out the DD's. If the course is longer and I need that extra distance, I disc up to the destroyer.

I've got a couple of orange fd2s in the 160s that are relatively flat. Awesome forehand disc, only issue with it is I've got a flat color glow firebird that I can mash on it as hard I want and it won't go over 300. It's also weird in it doesn't want to skip, just crashes and tumbles. If I hit the fd2 with close to full power it straightens out for like 85% of its flight then has its fade...which leads to blowing by the basket. For me it's just easier to gauge a beefy firebird.

I've got a couple of orange fd2s in the 160s that are relatively flat. Awesome forehand disc, only issue with it is I've got a flat color glow firebird that I can mash on it as hard I want and it won't go over 300. It's also weird in it doesn't want to skip, just crashes and tumbles. If I hit the fd2 with close to full power it straightens out for like 85% of its flight then has its fade...which leads to blowing by the basket. For me it's just easier to gauge a beefy firebird.

I'm betting if you stepped up to a 170 you'd get more of the flight you want. Fd2 was plenty stable for me in higher weights, but yes more forward penetrating fade then a firebird. FD3 took my firebird slot real quick as well tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My flat fd2 is a 4/10 now and struggling to finds its niche in my bag. It has become a very straight fh disc but not many holes call for that shot. The pd and firebird are so money when powered down about the only shot left the fd2 has on lock is the low ceiling os mid shots, 250-290 right to left hole. It's also very handy at chip shots on those wide open windy holes, being easier to gauge than a gator at 150. I call it a gap driver cause it fits between my spider and jackel so well. I can never take it out though because it feels great. Love the beefy confidence inspiring profile and the unique combo of true forehand hss and relatively small amount of low speed fade. This is the number one disc in my bag for the "what did you just throw" comment from strangers because of laser srraight, surgically precise, flip up forehands! Now hopefully a new run of flat ones come out. I would pay extra just like the ring of gators.....no problem

I have never seen a discmania disc in ecostar (e-line?) plastic. This thread is mostly "can I have this is this plastic" but I'm curious if Innova would ever work with discmania on that. Of course I haven't seen much Innova ecostar plastic lately either. Given the unpopularity of several g-line discmania molds, would you ever consider running anything in e-line?

...and these PMD3's...

image.png

Discmania Support Reply

I understand, but it is still sad to hear. I swear by the G-DD; while a few feet shorter than my main distance driver (by another company), when I do not feel confident with that other driver, either because of wind or just having a bad grip/ release point day, I totally trust my G-DDs. Always reliable and does exactly what I want it to do every time.

I have five right now, two black, two yellow, and a green, but with the lack of availability, it still feels like I do not have enough.

Side note #1; I never gel with any other G or GStars, but the G-PD is awesome as well. You need more yellows, and definitely a run of white. Most of the other colors I have been seeing are muted and dark, making them hard to see on the ground.

Side note #2; the teaser picture of the C-PDx I keep seeing is a milky white, the exact color I am looking for. I cannot get my hands on one though.

I definitely think there should be quite a few G-DD's out there that people got in their mystery boxes that should be willing to trade with you. The G-DD is definitely a great disc and just wasn't the hottest seller so it is hard to justify sinking such a large investment into something that won't sell. Shoot us an email at the Discmania Store some time and I bet we can help you out.

G-Line and G-Star plastic is almost nonexistent in any sort of white color and has been since the beginning, as you may be aware. There have only been a handful of test releases on the Innova Proshop site that had some white but that is really it for those. Not a single white G-Line disc has come in or out of here despite our efforts. We will keep trying.

That particular PDx was sent to Europe for their release and they sold those clear ones at the same time we did. Unfortunately we only had reds, blues, yellows, and some purple to sell.

Just got my Luster FD3 and glow CD2 in... Any verdict on how these fly vs their C-line counterparts? My luster PD seemed to fit right in between a swirly S-PD and 10th run C-PD

Any more updates on when the production p line p2s are dropping?

In dealing with an order earlier in the week, the guy who I went back and forth with (via email) told me they're running Eagle P-Line P2s this week. Probably yesterday from the sounds of it. I didn't really pry enough to say whether to expect non-Eagle P-Lines or not, but I would love to hear they ran those too. Don't get me wrong, I like the Eagle stamp a lot, but I don't particularly want to pay $20 a pop for a stack of practice putters.

I can't believe how silky-smooth the white run in those Eagle P2s feels, I am addicted. Need. More. Now.

Are lusters going into regular production? I have an FD3 on its way that is supposedly luster but has the regular stock c line stamp.

I think you ought to be able to tell by the plastic alone. I dont think Luster has a special stamp or pen to distinguish (other than the DM store mini extra stamp of some of them)

Discmania Support Reply

Any more updates on when the production p line p2s are dropping?

These will be coming soon. We have had a high volume of jobs to accomplish for the MD4 release and store restock. This is definitely something that is high on the priority list for us.

I am 99,9% certain the only DM disc ever produced in Echostar were the DD2 Frenzys when they first came out. Marked ES-DD2

You are correct in that statement. The DD2 was the only Echostar disc to be made and were fantastic. These will likely be the only ones ever made too.

My flat fd2 is a 4/10 now and struggling to finds its niche in my bag. It has become a very straight fh disc but not many holes call for that shot. The pd and firebird are so money when powered down about the only shot left the fd2 has on lock is the low ceiling os mid shots, 250-290 right to left hole. It's also very handy at chip shots on those wide open windy holes, being easier to gauge than a gator at 150. I call it a gap driver cause it fits between my spider and jackel so well. I can never take it out though because it feels great. Love the beefy confidence inspiring profile and the unique combo of true forehand hss and relatively small amount of low speed fade. This is the number one disc in my bag for the "what did you just throw" comment from strangers because of laser srraight, surgically precise, flip up forehands! Now hopefully a new run of flat ones come out. I would pay extra just like the ring of gators.....no problem

The flat FD2 is something we have searched for ever since. The mold itself is not very conducive to flat production runs and naturally turns out flat like they have. When we have made such a thing, I guarantee you the world will know :)

The DD is just like the FD2 in my mind - a forgotten mold. If I didn't hoard about 12 old stock s-line DD's I would be hurting right now. Great controlled forehand disc! Surprised people throw the PD2 over the DD given the average arm speed of most players. If the course is in the woods or needs placement fairway shots I bring out the DD's. If the course is longer and I need that extra distance, I disc up to the destroyer.

I think the reason folks switch over to the PD2 is because the DD has gotten so much more overstable over the years and we have been working hard to rectify that production. The latest version is much cleaner and will likely be back to how they used to be, or close to it. There are plenty of the Hysteria versions online, as well as a handful of 2nd runs, that are exactly what people need in a DD.

I have never seen a discmania disc in ecostar (e-line?) plastic. This thread is mostly "can I have this is this plastic" but I'm curious if Innova would ever work with discmania on that. Of course I haven't seen much Innova ecostar plastic lately either. Given the unpopularity of several g-line discmania molds, would you ever consider running anything in e-line?

Unfortunately Echostar plastic will no longer be available and we have no plans to run anything other than the original DD2 that was once made. You have a valid point there and we do agree that G-Line plastic needs a bit of a makeover and is not as popular as people believe it should be. Glow plastic will be your best bet and the recent runs of all molds have been simply amazing.

Discmania Support Reply

Just got my Luster FD3 and glow CD2 in... Any verdict on how these fly vs their C-line counterparts? My luster PD seemed to fit right in between a swirly S-PD and 10th run C-PD

Good questions. The Luster FD3 is actually much more understable than the C-Line version and are fantastic. The Glow CD2 is pretty much the same as the C-Line but offers a tremendous amount of grip and is flatter than most normal ones that have been made. Both discs are seriously great.

In dealing with an order earlier in the week, the guy who I went back and forth with (via email) told me they're running Eagle P-Line P2s this week. Probably yesterday from the sounds of it. I didn't really pry enough to say whether to expect non-Eagle P-Lines or not, but I would love to hear they ran those too. Don't get me wrong, I like the Eagle stamp a lot, but I don't particularly want to pay $20 a pop for a stack of practice putters.

I can't believe how silky-smooth the white run in those Eagle P2s feels, I am addicted. Need. More. Now.

They are coming. We got bogged down with a bunch of other tasks that had hard deadlines and the P-P2 needed to wait for a bit. This week will be a good opportunity to get that done. I will say that Eagle P2's will still emerge first but stock versions will follow shortly after.

Are lusters going into regular production? I have an FD3 on its way that is supposedly luster but has the regular stock c line stamp.

Luster plastic will never go into full production. What you have there is how all future specialty plastics will be represented. We have our stock stamp design that is accompanied by the appropriate design to show you what the type of plastic is.

In effort to pair down my bag I would like to move from destroyers to pd2s. I was wondering if there is a way to identify understable PD2's. I have two 175G S-Line PD2's that are very different from each other. One is an overtable monster (300' flat maybe) and the other I can get some reliable distance out of (400'+).

I have been throwing destroyers and found the same thing with them. after buying close to 20 * and champ destoyers, I found that low dome and low wing discs are more undesrtable. I can roughly fill slots in my bag using these characteristics.

Is there a similar stability id process for PD2's?

In effort to pair down my bag I would like to move from destroyers to pd2s. I was wondering if there is a way to identify understable PD2's. I have two 175G S-Line PD2's that are very different from each other. One is an overtable monster (300' flat maybe) and the other I can get some reliable distance out of (400'+).

I have been throwing destroyers and found the same thing with them. after buying close to 20 * and champ destoyers, I found that low dome and low wing discs are more undesrtable. I can roughly fill slots in my bag using these characteristics.

Is there a similar stability id process for PD2's?

The PD2 is DM's anyhyzer top on a Destroyer bottom BTW. With every disc the lower wing results in more understability and typically high dome discs have more glide but are also more OS. Good luck finding an US PD2 though either a G-PD2 or P-PD2 should be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.