• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania Support Reply

I have wondered for a while if the red champ-star blend runs of discs are or were intentional? I have found quite a few s-line PDs, CDs, TDs, P2s etc in this plastic. I'm not sure if it is just mental but this plastic feels the best in regards to grip, density and durability. I hope Discmania continues to use this plastic if it's still available. Seems rare in the newest production runs of Innova Star plastic. I say rare but honestly haven't seen it all.

Also, D-Line P3's please.

For the most part, this plastic is long gone. Many people have noticed that fan favorite red plastic, and sometimes dark blues, that have the champy star (hybrid) composition. Unfortunately plastics come and go and the nature of the beast is that each huge batch that comes in can be a slight bit different than the last. Though a few blends are tried and true, there are others that will arrive a tiny bit different and that's what makes the changes that everyone notices.

on my Christmas wish list is a Discmania branded toque... what do you think Discmania?

A very solid point. We had plans for them but elected to pursue a couple other projects first. There is a small chance that these will be available this winter season but I would lean more towards a late winter/early spring release if any.

I'd like to talk "Swirly S-Line" and if these are a bit of a test/experiment. Got my shipment of Swirly P2 and P1x and they range from a little champy to straight opaque champy. I think I got some regular S Lines that are actually more swirly... it seems most are just mushy (and is becoming a trend) and I think in the Swirly world - less is more. A bright color with some other bits built in. The Doom Birds were better IMHO with mostly more true "SLine" although those got champy too.
This seems a new type of process and wondering if that's why the plastic is different. Doesn't seem to just be bits of other color plastic melted in, these swirls are more broad and subtle, like a dye is added or something. I know secrets can't fully be revealed, but boy I'd like to go to the shop and show them what a little sprinkle of color into bright SLine plastic will do :)

Excellent points. These are things we have suggested to the production team in the past and we will see how that pans out. We feel the same way in the fact that less is more. In the midst of producing so many discs, it would seem as if the most effective way to produce these swirls is to use every color imaginable. Though people want certain color combos and everybody's taste is different, the most logical way is to use every color to avoid spending too much time on certain ones alone. Granted, some discs come out in a more earth-tone color occasionally but that is the nature of the swirl game.

I'm dying for some production S-line CD3's! Any word on these? I had heard that they might come out in 2017. The spot in my bag next to my C-CD3 must be filled!

https://store.discmania.net/index.php/discs/limited-production/swirl-s-line-md3-huk-dyed.html

"These Huk Dyed discs were hand dyed by Jay Harbour the man behind Huk Lab himself! Get a piece of the first collection of dyed Huk discs at the Discmania Store!"

Could someone explain to me how is this possible? Or am I just missing something? If I understood correctly they claim that these are one of the first Huk dyed discs but that most definitely can't be right, can it?

They are part of the first collection of discs at the discmania store to be huk lab dyed. Not first discs ever.

So, going back to the confusion on the new run of P line md3's, are we seeing that in the last mystery box? Or did we miss it?

Mystery Box was pretty cool. I won't give too much away in case some folks haven't opened theirs yet but there is a pretty sweet surprise at the bottom ;)

Mystery Box was pretty cool. I won't give too much away in case some folks haven't opened theirs yet but there is a pretty sweet surprise at the bottom ;)

1st edition or 2nd edition? 3rd edition should show up maybe this coming week

I'm curious about S-Line CD3s. I hope they fly like further S-Line TDs.. But the main thing I'm hoping for is a new run of D-Line P3's. Yup it's that time again. More P3's please.

D or P line p3x's would be cool as well, but realize that probably won't be for a while.

D or P line p3x's would be cool as well, but realize that probably won't be for a while.

Theres some really good glow pro plastic being used right now by Innova. I won some white pro gators and kc rocs at a couple different tournaments. I didn't know they were glow until i put them under a lamp and then turned the light off. I bet it's the same stuff used in the new Eagle P2s. Would be awesome to use it for P3's. I wanted to like the P3X but the flat bottom feels weird on my finger tips. The DT Omega3 Driver is similar to the P3X. It might fit what you are looking for.

What does the guy close to DM have to say about the availability of the soft p line md3's?

1st edition or 2nd edition? 3rd edition should show up maybe this coming week

1st edition. Not sure I can afford 2nd and 3rd edition this year. I'll be honest I will be super jelly if I missed a disc I really wanted. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts