• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Sonic thrower and having just watched Simon's Fastback vlog can DM work to get the Fastback approved?

and at full weight? (assuming it currently only comes at 135gm per Simon in the vlog)

Understable Discs

As an older player throwing around 280 feet, I depend on understable, lighter discs to get a full flight out of my discs. Unfortunately Discmania seems to make almost no understable discs and most of their discs are only available in heavier weights. I love the TD2 but they have discontinued it. From what I've seen of reviews, the TD and TDx are not really very understable. In fact even the S-Line TD2 (150g) is barely understable for me, even though I'm quite capable of turning over a Mamba or a Roadrunner. The only other understable disc they make is the Sun Bird/Genesis which isn't available right now, and I don't think I would find the rim of this disc very comfortable.

Discmania's S-Line plastic is my favorite plastic and I'd really like to buy more Discmania discs, but right now I don't see anything in their product line that suits weaker throwers. Do they still plan to re-tool the TD2, and will they be making any other understable discs in the near future?

As an older player throwing around 280 feet, I depend on understable, lighter discs to get a full flight out of my discs. Unfortunately Discmania seems to make almost no understable discs and most of their discs are only available in heavier weights. I love the TD2 but they have discontinued it. From what I've seen of reviews, the TD and TDx are not really very understable. In fact even the S-Line TD2 (150g) is barely understable for me, even though I'm quite capable of turning over a Mamba or a Roadrunner. The only other understable disc they make is the Sun Bird/Genesis which isn't available right now, and I don't think I would find the rim of this disc very comfortable.

Discmania's S-Line plastic is my favorite plastic and I'd really like to buy more Discmania discs, but right now I don't see anything in their product line that suits weaker throwers. Do they still plan to re-tool the TD2, and will they be making any other understable discs in the near future?

You should look into D line FDs. The D FD is a great feeling and flying disc and once it gets beat in it should turn without problem. The D MD and P MD3 are also great understable mid ranges after worked in a little.

to Mamba Maniac

I would agree with the D FD recommendation. They are available in lighter weights and will flip and turn.

The D MD is also a good add for the same type of flight but shorter (also available in lighter weights)

I bag both (at heavy weights) as well as their premium plastic counterparts

to Mamba Maniac

I would agree with the D FD recommendation. They are available in lighter weights and will flip and turn.

The D MD is also a good add for the same type of flight but shorter (also available in lighter weights)

I bag both (at heavy weights) as well as their premium plastic counterparts

You should look into D line FDs. The D FD is a great feeling and flying disc and once it gets beat in it should turn without problem. The D MD and P MD3 are also great understable mid ranges after worked in a little.

Thanks for the input! Coincidentally I am waiting for a D-FD to arrive in the mail! I tried to edit that into my original post but I was already past the 5 minute allowance to edit. :\ I think I will like the FD, but I'll have to wait til the snow goes away before I can try it out!

I have had so many ridiculous forehand scramble shots with the MD. I love throwing it on anhyzers or really steep hyzers and watching the insane lines I get. Recently hit the basket on what was only about a 110 foot shot that I had to throw a RHFH sky anhyzer because of how far my drive kicked into the woods.

When are more D-Line P1s going to be released? I switched back to DX Aviars for putting. All my D-Line P1s are so beat up I can't putt with them anymore :\

Do i need to sell my soul to get my hands on some Soft P2s in color glow plastic ?,Got some JK-Aviar-X in that innovastore special plastic blend and they might be the best putter plastic i have had and want some P2s (and P3Xs ) in that plastic too :)

On a more serious note , any date for the tactic release ? I want more than one in my bag :)

If anyone have info about premium sensei and tactic release, please share :) also glow fd3 in europe.. i need em.

And im going crazy waiting for expedition bag, no info yet :(

I think I heard March or April for the Tactic. Could be wrong.

Mine was stupid expensive since I had to buy a whole mystery box of discs to get it.

I think I heard March or April for the Tactic. Could be wrong.

Mine was stupid expensive since I had to buy a whole mystery box of discs to get it.

Well i had to get the box too but i must say , that a got a really good box. Only "bad " disc was the 140 g Blizzard TD . Didn't even know they existed :p

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about getting a box full of discs. I did get a C-line FD3 in there and an instinct. The PD2 was sweet but too much disc for me so I gifted it to a buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.