• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1's are the "classic grid" Aviars and the top is different from the PnA. If p1's become popular and more produced I would switch back to them since the d-line plastic just has a better feel than dx in my opinion.

P1 feels slightly deeper in my hand than a classic aviar.

I also feel like the flight is different, at least for putting. Classic aviar seems to me to be a little less neutral in flight, I feel like I have to put a little more on it to get it to hold a straight line from further out.

They are very close but I can notice enough of a difference that I prefer the P1.

It's the same disc and same plastic.

Simon is putting them again, so they will be popular, unfortunately Innova is still down so everything is getting low/out of inventory. P1 has been out of stock forever...

P1's are the "classic grid" Aviars and the top is different from the PnA.

I've seen a lot of people make the claim that the P1 is the same disc as the classic aviar, but I have never seen anyone provide a source or evidence for this claim.

I'm skeptical. They don't seem like quite the same disc to me in feel or flight, but it could be due to slight difference in the plastic blend.

I've seen a lot of people make the claim that the P1 is the same disc as the classic aviar, but I have never seen anyone provide a source or evidence for this claim.

I'm skeptical. They don't seem like quite the same disc to me in feel or flight, but it could be due to slight difference in the plastic blend.

Turns out the Aviar and Classic Aviar are even the same mold. Classic Aviar is just a stiffer DX plastic that feels like the older ones supposedly. I assume the Classic Aviar's plastic has its own unique feel as far as how it molds up. My S-Line P1 is penned "*AV," so it's definitely just an Aviar. The premium plastic molds up or at least feels a little bigger/deeper, so they do have a different feel depending on the plastic.

I've recently switched from the P1x to the P1 for my short touch approaches and long runs at the basket. Beadless discs just come out of my hand more consistently.

While we talk about aviars . What discmania disc is most similar to the JK Pro Aviar-x ? Im quite picky with my putters and i havent found a Discmania disc that feels like the Aviar-X :)

Aaaaaand any info about Links In premium plastic ?

While we talk about aviars . What discmania disc is most similar to the JK Pro Aviar-x ? Im quite picky with my putters and i havent found a Discmania disc that feels like the Aviar-X :)

Aaaaaand any info about Links In premium plastic ?
Lux link is really stable and quite domey. Flies like a stable s line P2. Nothing like exo links.

Soft P-Line P2

The strange thing is i got 2-3 soft P P2's and they are different , even tho they are close its to much of a difference for me but it might be just in my head . Im not payed to play with discmania so ill continue with my aviar-xs for a while :)

The Lux Link still sound interesting to me to bad they are domey ... i like flat putters (thats why i never feel totaly comfortable with the P2 )

The strange thing is i got 2-3 soft P P2's and they are different , even tho they are close its to much of a difference for me but it might be just in my head . Im not payed to play with discmania so ill continue with my aviar-xs for a while :)

The Lux Link still sound interesting to me to bad they are domey ... i like flat putters (thats why i never feel totaly comfortable with the P2 )
You want P3X or Aviar3 then

JK Aviar X and Soft P-Line P2 are close to interchangeable for me.

Now that Simon is putting with the P1, I'm hoping it becomes popular enough that they run it in Soft P-Line again.

This may be a good question...

I just bought a bunch of Discmania/Innova stuff.

I have the arm speed to get a nice understable flight out of a 170g Star Sidewinder, however, I throw my S-Line and C-Line FD's and they act more like Explorers. WHY!?!?

They are a Rancho mold and 175g, but being a 7 speed I expected to get a nice straight-Understable flight. They hold a hyzer, it is still a pushing Hyzer but they don't leave the angle I throw them on like I see alot of others' do.

Is it the fact they are Rancho molded or am I just a noodle arm?

For what it's worth, the FD (especially in S-line) isn't nearly as understable as a Sidewinder.

Good to know.. I have my Prodigy F3's that I planned to replace with the FD's, the F3's flight was a nice Hyzer flip to flat but I wanted a straighter finish.

Oi Vey.

Disc golf is stupid sometimes.

Good to know.. I have my Prodigy F3's that I planned to replace with the FD's, the F3's flight was a nice Hyzer flip to flat but I wanted a straighter finish.

Oi Vey.

Disc golf is stupid sometimes.

Sounds like a leopard or leo3 is what you were expecting.

FD is stable, just a tick less than a TL3. And responds very well to angle manipulation.

You'll beat an S-Line in and it will flip up and ride right. Lighter weights will help as well.

Sounds like a leopard or leo3 is what you were expecting.

FD is stable, just a tick less than a TL3. And responds very well to angle manipulation.

You'll beat an S-Line in and it will flip up and ride right. Lighter weights will help as well.

So more along the lines of a Fairway Driver Buzzz... Holds a line and dependable...

Here I am derping about complaining that they're so stable. Lol. I can rid myself of the explorers if this is the case.

My discs mostly go right anyways. I have lefty syndrome ����

Status
Not open for further replies.