• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innova wishes…

For real though, if they were the same, Discmania would still be under Innova's umbrella.

I think the point is that if you're a fan of Discmania's original discs, you're in effect a fan of Innova because both the molds and plastic blends were made and owned by Innova

So what do ya'll use for a throwing putter? Off the tee and upshot different? Mostly curious for driving.

Tried the logic but couldn't fall in love with it. Currently using a lumen link (Medusa). Was HOPING that the new c-line P2s/Sky Gods would be out for the season, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Trying to settle on my bag for a tournament next month.

So what do ya'll use for a throwing putter? Off the tee and upshot different? Mostly curious for driving.

Tried the logic but couldn't fall in love with it. Currently using a lumen link (Medusa). Was HOPING that the new c-line P2s/Sky Gods would be out for the season, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Trying to settle on my bag for a tournament next month.

I throw an older D-Line P2 and a newer base soft Sensei. I almost pulled the trigger on a premium Sensei, but then Simon said Sky Gods are being stamped right now. I want a C-line P2.

Logic right now but the Rainmaker has my interest piqued. Shallower P2 sounds good. I have a Swirly S-P2 in the bag too and its shallower than most and awesome.

Have you thrown the rainmaker? I thought about that as well but wasn't sure which fleet to throw and which to putt.

Have you thrown the rainmaker? I thought about that as well but wasn't sure which fleet to throw and which to putt.

Logic is my go to putter and thrower right now, but the rainmaker has a similar feel and just a touch more stability. I'm not even considering a switch until I see how much they are going to retail for.

I had an unexpected opportunity to stop by the dynamic discs brick-and-mortar, so I grabbed a 176g (scaled) Premium Sensei. It's kinda domey compared to the board-flat base soft I have. Flies fantastic - long and stable! I still think the Sensei may have been Yikun's attempt at a P2 replica.

I felt up the premium glow Shogun, but decided to go with the Sensei.

I had an unexpected opportunity to stop by the dynamic discs brick-and-mortar, so I grabbed a 176g (scaled) Premium Sensei. It's kinda domey compared to the board-flat base soft I have. Flies fantastic - long and stable! I still think the Sensei may have been Yikun's attempt at a P2 replica.

I felt up the premium glow Shogun, but decided to go with the Sensei.

I had a premium Sensei sitting around for a while and got bored and finally gave it a try. It is indeed a very nice putter off the tee. Handles power well and has great glide.

Lucky for me I don't need it in my bag but if someone new to throwing putters wanted a recommendation for a good disc the Sensei might just be my pick for them.

I recommend AP Sensei as a near-replica of a premium Luna.
Obviously Lunas come in a variety of stabilities, but that range is very close to an AP Sensei.
Agreed that it is a fantastic throwing putter.

My throwing putter is a beat-in Lux Tactic from one of the Mystery Boxes.
Still available on EBay for a reasonable price.
If I need something longer OR a bit less stable, I throw a flat C-line MD.
These are not available for a reasonable price, unfortunately…

In case you're wondering about the previous Sensei post ^, the P2, Sensei and Luna are all uncomfortably deep for me.
Just a personal preference.
Also anxious to see the Rainmaker in production!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.