• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until it's announced that discmania is owned by Lat64. It's going to happen eventually. Discmania has never "made" a disc.

The vast majority of disc golf companies have not made a disc. There's really only like 5-6 actual fabs, most of the companies are fabless. However, Discmania appears to have an actual disc factory that produces discs, unlike say Dynamic Discs or Millenium

Discmania is owned by the same conglomerate parent company as L64, DD, Westside, Kastaplast, and some others. I do not recall where I heard that info. So this does not mean it is trilogy.. it means the parent company that owns trilogy also owns Discmania. I'm going to try to find that source. I thought there were very few mega-disc-golf-holding-companies.

Discmania is owned by the same conglomerate parent company as L64, DD, Westside, Kastaplast, and some others. I do not recall where I heard that info. So this does not mean it is trilogy.. it means the parent company that owns trilogy also owns Discmania. I'm going to try to find that source. I thought there were very few mega-disc-golf-holding-companies.

Not totally calling BS on this one but I don't recall seeing anything about Jussi selling his company.

He is working with Latitude to get his own production up and going and I highly suspect they may be sharing mold pieces and plastics and I know Tomas has probably been helping them re-engineer the molds for their "originals" line but I believe Discmania is still its own company and not owned by some sort of conglomerate.

Obviously, I could be totally wrong. I'm not some sort of industry insider.

Not totally calling BS on this one but I don't recall seeing anything about Jussi selling his company.

He is working with Latitude to get his own production up and going and I highly suspect they may be sharing mold pieces and plastics and I know Tomas has probably been helping them re-engineer the molds for their "originals" line but I believe Discmania is still its own company and not owned by some sort of conglomerate.

Yeah, I'm trying to find out where I heard this. I'm thinking a Ultiworld podcast? but… very possible I misunderstood.

Yeah, I'm trying to find out where I heard this. I'm thinking a Ultiworld podcast? but… very possible I misunderstood.

I can't find any source so please disregard my comments. My eyes are going crossed trying to field internet searches and skip though podcasts.

It is pretty interesting to look at say a Cloudbreaker and Grace, the plastic and general feel is remarkably close even the embossed parts look very close in design etc. So yes there is definietly a close relationship up there in Skellefteå but I cant say I have ever heard DM was under the same ownership as triology.

Hmmm interested to see what the "fd1" will be. Maybe an understable FD to replace the TD?

I don't hold a lot of stock in the measurements from the pdga, but the CD1 is very close to the original CD and the FD1 is very close to the three tooled FD2. I really would love an out of the box understable fairway from the originals line up. (as well as an understable throwing putter)

I don't hold a lot of stock in the measurements from the pdga, but the CD1 is very close to the original CD and the FD1 is very close to the three tooled FD2. I really would love an out of the box understable fairway from the originals line up. (as well as an understable throwing putter)

That would be good news but also confusing because then what would the FD2 be? Not a massive difference in stability between a 3 tooled FD2 and a MF FD3. Maybe the FD3 will be retooled to be more OS? So many questions :confused:

Dynamic Discs owns Dynamic Discs and Latitude 64 produces discs for them. Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs own Westside and Latitude 64 produces discs for them. Latitude 64 has an ownership stake in Kastaplast and produces discs for them.

It would not surprise me if Latitude 64 owns a minority share of Discmania, but that has never been disclosed.

Dynamic Discs owns Dynamic Discs and Latitude 64 produces discs for them. Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs own Westside and Latitude 64 produces discs for them. Latitude 64 has an ownership stake in Kastaplast and produces discs for them.

It would not surprise me if Latitude 64 owns a minority share of Discmania, but that has never been disclosed.

I know I heard somewhere there is a parent company to Latitude64. Someday I'll find it.

That would be good news but also confusing because then what would the FD2 be? Not a massive difference in stability between a 3 tooled FD2 and a MF FD3. Maybe the FD3 will be retooled to be more OS? So many questions :confused:

I have thrown and own the three-tooled FD2 and the MF FD3.
At least for the discs I have thrown, the FD3 and FD2 are very different in flight.
The FD3 is an overstable fairway driver, think Firebird.
The 3-tooled FD2 is a stable fairway driver, think Teebird.

I can't imagine wanting the FD3 to be more stable.
Maybe I got it wrong.
I may get them out and throw them again…

I like discussion but it kind of infuriates me when people are like "fact: x. but i dont know where I read it" even if you subsequently go back and say yeah maybe I have it wrong. Someone else will read the first bit, and repeat it somewhere else.

This is doubly true when discussing PDGA rules. I always say find me a direct quote from the rulebook and point me to where exactly it says this, even when you think you are 100% sure thats the rule. It might have changed. But I digress.

You can easily google Spin18 and see lots of the company figures, who sits on the board etc. Thats the big company that has different subcompanies/brands under it, including Discmania.* Nothing tells me Latitude 64 has a major share of Spin18. I have no need to get pulled into an argument about the whole "they say they have their own machines, but really Lat64 is doing it for them"

* namely
Disc Golf World Tour
DiscGolfPark
Discmania
Discmania Store Europe
Frisbeezer
Innova Champion Europe
InnovaStore

I have thrown and own the three-tooled FD2 and the MF FD3.
At least for the discs I have thrown, the FD3 and FD2 are very different in flight.
The FD3 is an overstable fairway driver, think Firebird.
The 3-tooled FD2 is a stable fairway driver, think Teebird.

I can't imagine wanting the FD3 to be more stable.
Maybe I got it wrong.
I may get them out and throw them again…

I have bagged the 3 tooled since it came out and have always had an FD3 in my bag. My point is if the FD1 is the equivalent of a 3 tooled FD2 then what will the retooled FD2 be? There is not a big enough gap in stability to have an FD1 as stable as a 3 tooled FD2, a retooled FD2 being more stable than the FD1, and then have an FD3.

I know I heard somewhere there is a parent company to Latitude64. Someday I'll find it.

could this be what you're thinking of?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCbKQJwTk0

We learned recently that investment firms Ventis Capital and Equip Capital have purchased a controlling share of Mountain Village - the company that owns Latitude 64. This comes just a few months after Latitude 64 acquired Kastaplast and entered into a manufacturing agreement with Discmania.

I have bagged the 3 tooled since it came out and have always had an FD3 in my bag. My point is if the FD1 is the equivalent of a 3 tooled FD2 then what will the retooled FD2 be? There is not a big enough gap in stability to have an FD1 as stable as a 3 tooled FD2, a retooled FD2 being more stable than the FD1, and then have an FD3.

Just because the numbers are similar doesn't mean the new FD1 will fly close to a 3tooled fd2. It's all speculation until we get our hands on one or see some throws. It would be nice to have a more understable fd in the lineup, so maybe that's what this will be.

Just because the numbers are similar doesn't mean the new FD1 will fly close to a 3tooled fd2. It's all speculation until we get our hands on one or see some throws. It would be nice to have a more understable fd in the lineup, so maybe that's what this will be.

The Essence is my understable FD :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.