• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when production was limited, a Mystery Box was hard to get and DM discs were hard to find.
If you got a Mystery Box, you could flip most of the discs and make your money back, and sometimes even make a little $$.
For better or worse, the second-hand market for DM has crashed.
You can get pretty much anything you want from wherever you want, so why buy from eBay or FB?

Besides the CG FD or the S-Line MD1 or the DD1 or maybe the VaporLux Enigma, nothing else is really that re-sellable.
Message to DM, you're gonna have to do better to sell more MB's.
Take a hint from Ledgestone, they sell tons of discs by just recycling molds into hard to find, desirable plastics.
If you had FILLED the MB with things like the S MD1, the CG FD, the Vapor Enigma and maybe a Lux Logic or NEO Link or more discs in unique, plastic combos (and not just a bunch of X-outs and discs you couldn't sell), then I might have gotten 1 or 2 or 3.
Marketing is about creating buzz and creating a need.
Just not enough here to get excited about…
This the first MB I've passed on in quite a while.
Just one person's opinion.

Last edited:
Limited Edition Discs

If you could pick ONE of the Limited Edition discs from this MB run (color glow FD, s-line md1, or metal flake md3, which would you pick?

Interesting take. What do you base this on?

And wow, what did skizzle do to get banned?

Based on dissatisfied customer comments/reviews AND the general overstock of all of their products, which I take as fewer people buying their stuff.

Curious to know if you'd disagree? Seems like the DM craze/following is not what it once was, but I'm not an OG so perhaps I'm misreading the landscape.

Based on dissatisfied customer comments/reviews AND the general overstock of all of their products, which I take as fewer people buying their stuff.

Curious to know if you'd disagree? Seems like the DM craze/following is not what it once was, but I'm not an OG so perhaps I'm misreading the landscape.

I tend to think now they just have way more in stock, not that people are buying any less.

I think lots of what happens on this forum for example is kinda within this niche bubble of hardcore dg'ers that have been around for years.

Says nothing about the hordes of people that got into it the last 2 summers.

I have no sales figures but looks to me theyre still growing. Suggests to me theyre doing fine.

I dont judge, either way you see it. Its just kinda funny when first its "terrible drop, sold out in 15 secs, couldnt buy one to save my life" and now its "must be something wrong since they dont sell out. I think I'll not buy one"

I wouldn't say I was a fanatic but when Discmania moved to Colorado and having Eagle on the team (from Colorado) I was enticed to try quite a few of their molds. For a couple of years you could find the P2, FD, PD, and MD3 in my bag as those discs worked for my game and I was supporting a local company.

Having said that, as their relationship with Innova was on the downhill slide I opted to start weaning myself off their products not knowing at the time what the future had in store for their company.

Once they started distributing their Swedish models the molds and plastics just weren't the same stuff that I had previously enjoyed and since I had already kind of moved on I just didn't see a reason to move back towards bagging Discmania.

CG FF for sure. First time for that plastic for me. Still havent held one

Have you held or thrown the IS3? Do you think I'm wrong for assuming that they're identical, especially since they're the same exact color way? The old night strike color glow looked different ( innova, I know, but still).

I wouldn't say I was a fanatic but when Discmania moved to Colorado and having Eagle on the team (from Colorado) I was enticed to try quite a few of their molds. For a couple of years you could find the P2, FD, PD, and MD3 in my bag as those discs worked for my game and I was supporting a local company.

Having said that, as their relationship with Innova was on the downhill slide I opted to start weaning myself off their products not knowing at the time what the future had in store for their company.

Once they started distributing their Swedish models the molds and plastics just weren't the same stuff that I had previously enjoyed and since I had already kind of moved on I just didn't see a reason to move back towards bagging Discmania.

This makes a lot of sense, and as a non-OG discmaniac, you articulated exactly one of the paths a lot of their fan base has undergone.

I'd be more intrigued with the new FD or PD they are now making but they don't offer 160 class from what I can find. I did find a Zen at 168 and it's fantastic. I mostly see max weight and every once in a while I'll see a 172g on the shelf. If they would start producing 164-169 in their OG drivers I'd likely try them.

I'd be more intrigued with the new FD or PD they are now making but they don't offer 160 class from what I can find. I did find a Zen at 168 and it's fantastic. I mostly see max weight and every once in a while I'll see a 172g on the shelf. If they would start producing 164-169 in their OG drivers I'd likely try them.

In their release video Colton said they were offering some lower weights for the Lone Howl III (for the first time in a signature series). Thought I'd pass it on if you're interested. Just checked and there are actually several colors available in 165-169!

Last edited:

Pretty sure light weight FD's are a thing. I've played a couple of events very recently where light weight FD's were an option for my freebie disc. (I opted for MD3's instead as it is a disc that could work its way back into my bag.)

If you could pick ONE of the Limited Edition discs from this MB run (color glow FD, s-line md1, or metal flake md3, which would you pick?

S-MD1 or the CG FD.

Have you held or thrown the IS3? Do you think I'm wrong for assuming that they're identical, especially since they're the same exact color way? The old night strike color glow looked different ( innova, I know, but still).

See I must have forgotten. It was very stable for me and therefore didnt get much airtime. I wonder if I raffled it away or where it even went lol.

IS4 is much straighter and THAT plastic is way good looking and -feeling

See I must have forgotten. It was very stable for me and therefore didnt get much airtime. I wonder if I raffled it away or where it even went lol.

IS4 is much straighter and THAT plastic is way good looking and -feeling

So IS4>IS3? I haven't thrown it. So damn hard to find what works for you and to know what to bag without draining the bank to try EVERY variant. First world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts