• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Sorry, man. That was an inside joke between Dave and I. If I sent you a Glo Zone, he'd fly immediately to Cincy and end me. :\

Nope. That's not how it works.

You will give a free Glo Z Zone to anyone from DGCR who shows up at baggage claim #1 at CVG at 0400 on Friday before Memorial Day and utters the secret phrase. The phrase to collect is: "Sad kitty can haz z glo zone?".

I must have missed something here, because my ESP Zone is not very OS like everyone says Zones are. I typically throw it flat and have it fly straight for a bit before fading. The ESP plastic is very hard almost like Z plastic.

But when people say how beefy the Zone is I just don't get it. Mine must be an anomaly? It really doesn't fade all that much. I like it, though! Gets a good amount of use.

The Zone is key in my bag. So much so that if I don't have one i'll be adding strokes. It's so unique, I've thrown nothing like it. Too bad the good ones are dying out. I loved the Z's and Glo's and thankfully the ESPs arent much less overstable out the box. I'm rolling with a Ti right now and it's doing the job but just not what some of the older molds used to be.

I must have missed something here, because my ESP Zone is not very OS like everyone says Zones are. I typically throw it flat and have it fly straight for a bit before fading. The ESP plastic is very hard almost like Z plastic.

But when people say how beefy the Zone is I just don't get it. Mine must be an anomaly? It really doesn't fade all that much. I like it, though! Gets a good amount of use.

Some are stable to overstable, some are overstable. I keep the overstable ones and trade/sell the stable ones away. There are lots of people out there that light the straight Zones. I just have other discs in my bag for that.

If y'all really want a GLO Zone, I'm pretty sure a local shop still has a few on the shelf.
I can't stand glo plastic for some reason so I passed on them when they were readily available

They changed the Zone? What? Blasphemy. Damn it.

Around here a good chunk of players carry a Zone. Love mine. FH, BH, pancakes, rollers, hyzer, flex, anny that pans, you name it.

wtf... now I gotta hoard flat pro-d's..... NEVER in my wildest imagination would I think flat pro-d zones would go extinct.

:(

This whole lack of concavity thing has been going on for a while now, it's just that nobody had brought it to light yet.

I'm trying to start stacking up the concave ones.

I'll pass on domey Zones - that kind of makes me sad they are coming out like that now. Luckily I've got a concave GLOZ and TI.

Sorry if this was already mentioned (too lazy to go back and check), but how do the domed zones fly? I have multiple D's, ESP's, Crystal FLX's. None of them are domed or concave. All are board flat.

Zone love from one of your favorite DGCR members(no, not me :p) at the 15:00 mark.
'Round many circles in NC, the Zone FH anny shot out of trouble is known as a "PBS," as in the "Pat Bowles Special."

Wow. This has been my absolute go to OS approach disc for a few weeks now. Flicks, thumbers, backhand flex shots, spike hyzers, even a short range skip shots, Zone can do it all for me. I carry a couple of Pro Rhynos for regular stability, but when I really need overstability it's gonna be a Zone.

Boom baby. Picked up a MEGA concave clear Crystal and a concave Glo Z this past weekend. Both w/o tooling in the rim.

The Zone led me to my first Advanced B-tier win! Anything inside 240 was a Zone flick all day

Add "with Flag dye" to the CryZtal part of your post, and you have my current bag setup.

Congrats on the win!

Latest posts