• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Is there a disc that fits between Zone and a Firebird? Love my Zones, i have a JB, Z and a Cryztal FLX. From straight to overstable. Same with Firebirds. I have tried a Gator, was not for me. MD4 was too straight. Justice was close, but hard to find "straight" ones. So, any ideas?

Flat Gator when I carry a full bag, fresh t-bird when I carry six discs in my hand...

Is there a disc that fits between Zone and a Firebird? Love my Zones, i have a JB, Z and a Cryztal FLX. From straight to overstable. Same with Firebirds. I have tried a Gator, was not for me. MD4 was too straight. Justice was close, but hard to find "straight" ones. So, any ideas?

Quake or the Buzzz OS. Flat topped like the Zone, but will carry further.

Thanks for all the responses! I will check them out. It would be mainly for sidearms, so flat profile is a must. Buzzz OS sounds tempting, i actually think i have a Big Z somewhere. It is not super overstable but it has some stability. Should i look at a ESP or a Z FLX Buzzz OS for added stability?

Banshee, perhaps. The Hornet is OOP, but can still be found and might do ya.

I found the new Axiom Pyro to fit this slot. For me it's between a Zone and Stal. It's both slightly longer and more OS than the numbers indicate, and it's super flat with a great feel in hand. It's also available in three plastics now.

MVP Resistor is right in between those two.

I always thought that a buzz os was a longer zone. I would also say that a caiman is also a good choice for what you're looking for.

Saw on Facebook that the 5x Z Zones are coming out domey.

If that's the case... why? Domey Zones are gross

Domey Zones are gross
Yep, I keep seeing this too. It's a shame because as a long time Zone thrower, Zone's have no business being domey.

The only reasonable thing I can think of is that the mold template might have broken/be breaking down. That, or they're trying to get more 'user-friendly' versions into people's hands. Gone are the days of Zone's that get to the ground as quickly as possible... now they're truly fitting into the tweener OS mid/longer putter category. Not that I really have a problem with that, but it's not easy to find newer Zone's that flew like the old molds.

Happy to be sitting on a small stack of older run puddle topped ESP and Z's. The only Zone's I'm buying these days are Soft's and Jawbreaker's for driving.

Yep, I keep seeing this too. It's a shame because as a long time Zone thrower, Zone's have no business being domey.

The only reasonable thing I can think of is that the mold template might have broken/be breaking down. That, or they're trying to get more 'user-friendly' versions into people's hands. Gone are the days of Zone's that get to the ground as quickly as possible... now they're truly fitting into the tweener OS mid/longer putter category. Not that I really have a problem with that, but it's not easy to find newer Zone's that flew like the old molds.

Happy to be sitting on a small stack of older run puddle topped ESP and Z's. The only Zone's I'm buying these days are Soft's and Jawbreaker's for driving.

Well luckily domes are easy to get rid of. I just ordered two from discraft, I'll post what I get.

While discraft is making yet another run of z I'm over here waiting on a run of max weight soft zones.

Yeah... I'm hoping it isnt true. Zones don't need to be easy to throw. If someone wants a user friendly Zone they need to throw a Ringer GT and leave my Zones alone.

I have a flat and stiff Z Zone that I love, and a PMcB Zone that is still flat, but a lot gummier and not nearly as overstable. I hope this isn't a new trend.

I looked through a stack of 4x last summer that all had a little bubble dome. Saw others elsewhere that were flat.

Still don't own a DC disc with McBeth's name on it.

I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the mold. My guess is that they are rushing production and cooling times. Hopefully they don't become another Innova and just spit discs out as fast as they can with little to no concern about quality control.

That said, there are plenty of zones on the market and I imagine there are folks that would like to try a domey one. This could wind up being one of the more highly sought after runs a few years down the line.

But… Zones should probably just be flat.

I wouldn't mind a domey Zone if maybe it slowed the disc down a bit. The only complaint I have about Zones and what keeps them out of my bag is that they encroach on that 3.5-4 speed area. This is not a bad thing in and of itself, I just like to pair a Mortar with something more like speed 3 if that.

Felt up a few yesterday, seemed less Domey and more rounded shoulder leading up to a flat top. On the flip side, all the other plastic blends were very flat still.

Puddle top 4x McZone

Attachments

• C2CC0DA6-E1C5-4C0B-BAA4-D265E0F7B9E5.jpg
    C2CC0DA6-E1C5-4C0B-BAA4-D265E0F7B9E5.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts