• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Not with the zone. I use jb for my putting putters ringer gt. I've thrown the ringer gt in jb and for some reason I've grip locked too many throws to trust it.

Might be something to look into since jawbreaker is relatively cheap, it may be just what you're looking for.

What disc would you say it flies like?

It's just a straight, low glide putter. I'd never putt with it but it's decent for touch approaches that you don't want to skip. I'm not a huge fan of my JB Zone, I actually prefer the Pro D Zone that I used to have for this.

And yes, a JB Zone will turn over if you mash it forehand. It's not some magical no turn no fade disc.

My JB Zone flies pretty much the same as my other Zones. I think overstability with a Zone has more to do with the disc flatness (puddleness?) than the plastic type.

I prefer to carry both a Ti Zone and a decently beat-in JB Zone, but get along just fine with only one or the other. A fresh JB seems to split the difference pretty well.

My first JB has been in the bag for probably 150 rounds or so. It's the disc I use the most for upshots, and for short overstable backhand drives. It holds straighter for longer compared to my Titanium, but I certainly wouldn't call it "pretty straight." It is still an overstable approach disc, just less so than premium Zones.

My Ti Zone still flies basically like new. I prefer it for that extra bit of wind-fighting stability and/or if I need to forehand something longer than 150'. The JB certainly has enough stability for flick shots too, but I'm very backhand dominant so my forehand is pretty ugly and torquey. The Ti neutralizes my bad form better than the JB.

Well, these came out flat at least...

Attachments

• 915B129B-0B29-41EB-8CDA-0C44A953BC1F.jpg
    915B129B-0B29-41EB-8CDA-0C44A953BC1F.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 0B2AF261-0DCB-40A8-91E5-73436535F318.jpg
    0B2AF261-0DCB-40A8-91E5-73436535F318.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 85
Will a JB Zone beat in to be pretty straight? I'm looking for a forehand disc that doesn't fade too much.

Yes. But the JB doesnt stay in that straight flight area long. The JB really falls out of that spot too fast. IMO it is best to break in a premium one to that level. I stopped using JB because it doesnt stay there long enough. But they will break into a 280 ft straight shot with maybe <15 ft fade at the end disc. It takes dedication though..

I bought one 5x and it's a puddle top. Guess I was one of the lucky few.

I doubt I'll keep it, though. I prefer beads when it comes to these type of discs and this Z plastic is really, really slick.

I bought one 5x and it's a puddle top. Guess I was one of the lucky few.

I doubt I'll keep it, though. I prefer beads when it comes to these type of discs and this Z plastic is really, really slick.

Ill take it ;) maybe I have a trade

Our club just received our batch of Sparkle Swirl ESP Zones. Just received my preview photo and picked my two (prepaid for the win!). Have to wait until Friday to get them in my hands and see how flat they turned out.

Attachments

• MDGO_Zones2020b.jpg
    MDGO_Zones2020b.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 102
Our club just received our batch of Sparkle Swirl ESP Zones. Just received my preview photo and picked my two (prepaid for the win!). Have to wait until Friday to get them in my hands and see how flat they turned out.

Those look incredible!

Those look incredible!

Agreed. Was stunned to find out nobody else prepaid so it left me with the first two picks. Snagged the first one (blue) and the last one from the bottom two (pink w/blue stamp). Our Club Prez is part of Discraft Underground and being located close to Discraft we usually get some sweet plastic from them. :thmbup:

Got a couple color Glow Stalkers too.

These look flat. Dig the stamp, but I've got too many Zones...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-155723_Instagram.jpg.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204-155723_Instagram.jpg.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 50
  • zone 2020ledgestone.JPG
    zone 2020ledgestone.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 205

Latest posts