• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Just finished a windy round with a buddy. He let me throw his Zone a few times and Im in love now. I cant really tell what plastic his was. Most of the stamp was gone but I could make out '2015 Ledgestone' at the top. A google search leads me to believe that is a Titanium FLX Zone. I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out which plastic that was or what is close to what I threw. Or just what is the best plastic for Zones in general?

Just finished a windy round with a buddy. He let me throw his Zone a few times and Im in love now. I cant really tell what plastic his was. Most of the stamp was gone but I could make out '2015 Ledgestone' at the top. A google search leads me to believe that is a Titanium FLX Zone. I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out which plastic that was or what is close to what I threw. Or just what is the best plastic for Zones in general?

The zone is typically loved in all plastics.

I throw Z and ESP, choosing which to bag based on the weather.

The ledgestone shop and a select few retailers will have some fancy variants.

Most major retailers will have a good selection of the major production runs, assuming they aren't sold out. It's a very popular disc and sometimes the special stamps will sell out, like the Paul claw stamps.

For me, Jawbreaker is the only Zone that doesn't fly quite the same as the rest. I have Titanium, Big Z, and ESP and they pretty much look, feel, and fly the same. The Jawbreaker is straighter for longer and doesn't fade as hard or skip much.

For me, Jawbreaker is the only Zone that doesn't fly quite the same as the rest. I have Titanium, Big Z, and ESP and they pretty much look, feel, and fly the same. The Jawbreaker is straighter for longer and doesn't fade as hard or skip much.

I beat my X Soft Zone into a similar spot. Makes for a nice hit and stick approach disc as well as a great FH putter with a small fade.

On another note I used my 5x Zone today, and it has a small dome to it, but it is just as OS as my slightly puddled FR 4X.

JB Zones are about as good a disc can be. They aren't as praised as their more overstable plastic versions, but they are no less valuable. Brodie Smith is the only player who throws them a lot, and he does throw them a lot.

JB Zones are the best Zones. :)

Finally getting a soft zone sometime next week. I've had a hard time finding max weight soft zones. I love my esp zone but it tends to skip and sometimes I want something with the stability of a zone but have it stick.

Finally getting a soft zone sometime next week. I've had a hard time finding max weight soft zones. I love my esp zone but it tends to skip and sometimes I want something with the stability of a zone but have it stick.

Which soft Zone? Jawbreaker, Soft X, or Z FLX? Of the 3 Z FLX or Soft X, Jawbreaker would have too much skip when new needing to hot car in summer the disc for about 1/2 to an hour in the car to make Jawbreaker a bit less rubbery and more flexible.

Which soft Zone? Jawbreaker, Soft X, or Z FLX? Of the 3 Z FLX or Soft X, Jawbreaker would have too much skip when new needing to hot car in summer the disc for about 1/2 to an hour in the car to make Jawbreaker a bit less rubbery and more flexible.

Soft x.

I have a 2015 Ti Flex like your friend does. I would recommend getting a ZFlex if you want something similar. Z if you want it stiffer.

Had a chance to play a round with the soft x zone today. This is a great complement to my esp zone. It doesn't have much ground play at all. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I wonder how quickly it will beat up.

Transitioning to the Zone from Harps. Starting to incorporate a forehand into my game and the Zone seems to work better for me.

Anyhow, I have Zones in jawbreaker, titanium, Z, and Z-FLX.

I haven't thrown my Z. It's a 10th anniversary edition and I bought it for the cool stamp and don't really want to throw it.

I'm looking for something with a bit more ground action or skip compared to the jawbreaker, FLX, and titanium.

Will an ESP be stiffer and maybe offer a little more ground action?

Thanks.

any zoners willing to make a flight wise comparison of zone to the justice
Justice has more fade and handles torque and anhyzer better. I mean i can throw the Justice on a steep anhyzer straight towards the ground and it flexes out. Zone acts more like a overstable putter and is easier to control. I think they both could fit in the same bag.

Transitioning to the Zone from Harps. Starting to incorporate a forehand into my game and the Zone seems to work better for me.

I haven't thrown my Z. It's a 10th anniversary edition and I bought it for the cool stamp and don't really want to throw it.

I'm looking for something with a bit more ground action or skip compared to the jawbreaker, FLX, and titanium.

Thanks.

I think the best Zone for "ground action" is the CryZtal, but that´s hard to find. . .Stock Z works fine

I use a new CryZtal and beat X Soft as my "Zone combo" . .or a CryZtal FLX if its cold

Justice has more fade and handles torque and anhyzer better. I mean i can throw the Justice on a steep anhyzer straight towards the ground and it flexes out. Zone acts more like a overstable putter and is easier to control. I think they both could fit in the same bag.

if both released flat which one would go farther

i dont have a zone to compare side by side so i was just trying to go off memory

Thanks.

I think the best Zone for "ground action" is the CryZtal, but that´s hard to find. . .Stock Z works fine

I use a new CryZtal and beat X Soft as my "Zone combo" . .or a CryZtal FLX if its cold

I was gonna say Z or CryZtal too (Big Z is harder to find but also works great), but my Ti or ESP can skip too. In general, Zones are way more dependent on the type of ground for any ground action than, say beefy fairways. But one thing I have used Zones for over the years is basically throwing them into the ground at a low angle (e.g from a knee) and trusting in a little bit of scoot forward. This has become less important as I've figured out more conventional approaches.

But if I really want ground action I typically jump to my Champ Firebird. That way if grass is wet or grabby, or ground is otherwise unfavorable, I can still trust some skip.

any zoners willing to make a flight wise comparison of zone to the justice
Unless you are talking about a super puddle top OS zone, the justice is likely going to be more OS. But the justice is faster so you can do really similar things with them. The big difference to me is what they do on flex lines. You'll get a much more dramatic flex out of a justice where a zone may just pan out and land flat. I've never thrown a zone and justice max distance back to back, but I would guess the zone would go further since there's a bigger difference in stability between the two than there is in speed.

if both released flat which one would go farther

i dont have a zone to compare side by side so i was just trying to go off memory

Justice is close to a BuzzzOS, and I bag both the OS and Zone.

For me the OS goes farther. Like mentioned above the Justice/OS will flex, and will glide out (with what little glide it has) more than the Zone. Thrown flat they are pretty close for me though....

Unless you are talking about a super puddle top OS zone, the justice is likely going to be more OS. But the justice is faster so you can do really similar things with them. The big difference to me is what they do on flex lines. You'll get a much more dramatic flex out of a justice where a zone may just pan out and land flat. I've never thrown a zone and justice max distance back to back, but I would guess the zone would go further since there's a bigger difference in stability between the two than there is in speed.

im talkin run of the mill esp or z zone

that makes complete sense thank you

Latest posts