• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

is that true of most ppls experience that a puddle top is the most os zone? side note I cant wait until my jawbreakers can flip up from a FH throw.

I don't know about hyzer flipping, because it seems to be the fade that the Zone loses instead of the high speed stability, but a very beat Pro D flies perfectly straight with only the slightest fade. I especially love it for upshots where it is basically point and shoot for forehands.

The only one I was interested in, and out of the 4 designs, the one that sold out fast. Anyone here snag a dabbing Les White robot?
leswhitezone4_sk.png

I don't know about hyzer flipping, because it seems to be the fade that the Zone loses instead of the high speed stability, but a very beat Pro D flies perfectly straight with only the slightest fade. I especially love it for upshots where it is basically point and shoot for forehands.

My 2 month old jawbreaker has some turn already when thrown 275ft or so, any less than that it flies perfectly straight. My friend's jawbreaker zone is even flippier, but it's beat to hell.

^^^ha, well she sounds like a smart kid!

Your other designs were awesome as well (opted for the finger spin robot ), but this one's hilarious. Hope to find one on ebay...

^^^ha, well she sounds like a smart kid!

Your other designs were awesome as well (opted for the finger spin robot ), but this one's hilarious. Hope to find one on ebay...

There appear to be quite a few left on Sunking. Maybe they stamped some more.

Replaced my Ti with an ESP FLX Glo Zone for my first coldish weather round today. Great grip and I think the glo discs are less floppy than other ESP FLX discs I've felt. Parked 2 short holes about 200 ft apiece, one a tailwind flick, the other a BH straight into a 15 mph headwind.

I guess I have a winter bag now.

The Zone was one of those discs that I had always heard a lot about but never thrown- until recently. I picked one up in Jawbreaker plastic from infinite.

This disc arrived with a puddle top, which I manually bent and tweaked to be pretty much flat. I was surprised at how shallow the Zone is. First impression was that gripping it correctly might be a challenge. Three of my first four throws with this disc were parked baskets, though, so I guess I don't have any issues gripping it. I'm really enjoying this disc, but it is NOT in the same league as a Gator or Mortar. I've been throwing those two for the last couple/few years, and they are both much meatier than this Zone- which isn't a bad thing. This Zone goes dead straight for a long time before it starts its fade. It could potentially turn into one of my favorite hyzer upshot discs. But also, I can't lay into a forehand with it as much as even the Mortar. But that's ok. I'm liking the Zone.

popping in to say that soft x zones are the shiznit for upshots that sit and stick. They beat in to have high speed turn with reliably low speed fade. The x soft, d, and jawbreaker do not bring the mega beef like the esp one that I have does.

I want to know too. Are these swirly ESP's stiff and puddle top?

I only have tried one. Perfect flat, not overly "stiff" but not a gummy ESP, pretty middle of the road. Flew identical to my flat ESP Zone that is more gummy. Flies like a Zone, beefy and doesn't care about anything.

The Zone was one of those discs that I had always heard a lot about but never thrown- until recently. I picked one up in Jawbreaker plastic from infinite.

This disc arrived with a puddle top, which I manually bent and tweaked to be pretty much flat. I was surprised at how shallow the Zone is. First impression was that gripping it correctly might be a challenge. Three of my first four throws with this disc were parked baskets, though, so I guess I don't have any issues gripping it. I'm really enjoying this disc, but it is NOT in the same league as a Gator or Mortar. I've been throwing those two for the last couple/few years, and they are both much meatier than this Zone- which isn't a bad thing. This Zone goes dead straight for a long time before it starts its fade. It could potentially turn into one of my favorite hyzer upshot discs. But also, I can't lay into a forehand with it as much as even the Mortar. But that's ok. I'm liking the Zone.

If you really enjoy it over some time, pick up an ESP perhaps to get more stability in the same disc. My small experience has been the Jawbreaker is noticeably less OS. I have never had my ESP show any turn in any wind. If I absolutely torque it on a bad forehand it'll hold a bad angle to the ground, but if I throw it clean backhand or forehand it can handle any possible velocity and start fading well into its HSS.

With the Zone there is a huge difference between plastics and whether it is flat, puddle topped or domed.

I throw the Zone a lot and have had most of the plastics, I currently have about 10 in 4 different plastics.

By far the most over stable is the puddletopped Esp. I have one that is probably 3 years old, very beat up and it is still an overstable hog.

On the other hand I have flat topped Glo Flx Zones that are pretty close to dead straight our of the box evenll to the point of exhibiting HS turn.

By far my favorite though is the 2015 Ledgestone TiFlx Zones. They seem to fly slower, range very easy and do a natural flare as they slow, perfect for my putting game.

I know most don't use Zones for putting and I wouldn't if I had to reply on ESP plastic for putting.

Would you day puddle top is always more over stable than flat or domey?

Regardless of plastic

With the Zone there is a huge difference between plastics and whether it is flat, puddle topped or domed.

I throw the Zone a lot and have had most of the plastics, I currently have about 10 in 4 different plastics.

By far the most over stable is the puddletopped Esp. I have one that is probably 3 years old, very beat up and it is still an overstable hog.

On the other hand I have flat topped Glo Flx Zones that are pretty close to dead straight our of the box evenll to the point of exhibiting HS turn.

By far my favorite though is the 2015 Ledgestone TiFlx Zones. They seem to fly slower, range very easy and do a natural flare as they slow, perfect for my putting game.

I know most don't use Zones for putting and I wouldn't if I had to reply on ESP plastic for putting.

Would you day puddle top is always more over stable than flat or domey?

Regardless of plastic

I would say no. I have several pro d ones that are domey and super stable even though they are chunked up, i took the dome off one by pushing it in and it got pretty flippy. Also have a puddle ti zone that flips up. I also have a domey glow zone that is the most stable i have. But the flat esp i have is similar stability to the glow