• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

** Official MVP Q&A - Answers **

I am a huge MVP fanperson, (thanks for sponsoring our National Champs, Brad!) but I have to confess to getting very excited by seeing the Teebird with the Resistor overmold.

I would happily pay USD$25 for a chopped Teebird from MVP!

In fact I'd probably pay USD$35! Or even more!

I am a huge MVP fanperson, (thanks for sponsoring our National Champs, Brad!) but I have to confess to getting very excited by seeing the Teebird with the Resistor overmold.

I would happily pay USD$25 for a chopped Teebird from MVP!

In fact I'd probably pay USD$35! Or even more!

If that went up on an auction, some genius would pay ten times that amount, easily.

After all, that's the longer teebird people have been scouring the earth for. :p

I can't believe the MVPbird pic hasn't already caused the moon to crack in half a la Thundarr

ONE MAN BREAKS HIS BONDS!

WITH HIS FRIENDS, PRINCESS ARIEL AND OOKLAH THE MOK...

The theme song is running through my head as I type this. My email is actually thundaar_barbarian (the correct spelling of Thundarr was already taken)

Really good read. Thanks for the Q&A. I just threw new MVP plastic yesterday and think I've found a reliable midrange to replace my Aurora MS. I'm already sold on the Ion putters. Can't wait to see the new Axiom line designs.

That was a very well done Q&A. Very professional and it really shows how much knowledge it takes to produce these round plastic objects we love to throw! I already liked MVP and this right here just proves why.

Thanks to Tim and MVP for putting this together for us. :thmbup:

Thank you very much for the Q&A, Brad and Chad. Thank you to Tim G for putting this together and whoever else behind the scenes.

As a mechanical engineering student, I found the answers about the molding and research development to be fascinating. I didn't anticipate the time required for each new class of disc. I can assume that after the first disc of the class is out. The remaining time is cut down exponentially in a nice curve. Glad that your company is moving to in house mold manufacturing. As it will reduce cost significantly and allow for quicker changes during development.

I had a random thought of the Navy naming each class of ship after the first one of its kind. Examples like the Nimitz-class of aircraft carriers and Iowa-class of battleships. So you have the Volt-class, Resistor-class, Axis-class, and the Ion-class.

Thank you very much for the Q&A, Brad and Chad. Thank you to Tim G for putting this together and whoever else behind the scenes.

As a mechanical engineering student, I found the answers about the molding and research development to be fascinating. I didn't anticipate the time required for each new class of disc. I can assume that after the first disc of the class is out. The remaining time is cut down exponentially in a nice curve. Glad that your company is moving to in house mold manufacturing. As it will reduce cost significantly and allow for quicker changes during development.

I had a random thought of the Navy naming each class of ship after the first one of its kind. Examples like the Nimitz-class of aircraft carriers and Iowa-class of battleships. So you have the Volt-class, Resistor-class, Axis-class, and the Ion-class.

what about the Vector? wasnt that out before the Axis? or am i wrong on that.

24. From where you started with one mold and a few machines how has the operation expanded in terms of equipment, personnel, disc/day output?

Since we have started, we have acquired the most state of the art machines and accessory equipment. We have also built a dedicated, highly experienced team of technicians. Our molding operation has approximately 50-60 employees between machine operators, foremen, technicians, quality control, inventory control, warehousing, order processing and plant managers. Machines run 24 hours per day and 5-6 days per week. Our molding capacity is currently 10,000+ discs per week in the new modern equipment. We have the resources and infrastructure to continue expanding our molding capacity in near future.

That's pretty darn impressive. Best wishes MVP.

Brilliant Q&A - looks like we have a lot to look forward to in 2014. Thanks MVP and Axiom!

Awesome!
Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. It's refreshing to hear clear, honest answers instead of sidestepping or PC one liners that a lot of companies tend to spit out. I can't wait to see what is in store.

I was more excited to hear that a MVP distance driver is coming this spring than I was about the MVPbird picture. It's been a long wait

This was a great read and incredibly interesting. As a side note, I will say, that I am going to have to go back and edit all of my Hole of the Day responses, because now, the answer is easy, "well heck I am gonna throw my go-to MVPbird."

I can't believe the MVPbird pic hasn't already caused the moon to crack in half a la Thundarr
LMAO, I was thinking something similar. Somewhere In4d and Aim For the Chains are preparing to do battle with Voice of Reason, Hammer and all of the others who love to troll MVP threads for no apparent reason! :D If this were closer to April I'd think it was something the brothers Photoshopped for a joke.

Seriously though, thanks Chad, Brad and Tim for the informative Q/A. Personally I could care less about distance drivers and baseline plastic, but I know there are large numbers of people who want both from MVP, and I'm excited to hear these holes in the lineup may be filled sooner rather than later. As far info that will actually help MY game, I'm looking forward to seeing some truly understable MVP fairway drivers.

"... Additionally, we will stock stamped and unstamped Axiom models for disc dyers and custom stamps."

Oh yeah, Skulboy likes! (yes, I just spoke in the 3rd person)

Excellent read with some interesting and exciting information.
Thanks for taking the time to answer question, MVP.