• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

** Official MVP Q&A - Answers **

FWIW I had MVP fans call me out for my original Amp video and said I shouldn't of posted it. I've also never hidden the fact that I had to try the Ion 3 times before I decided to bag it. No secret I'm a huge MVP fanboy, but they won me over through performance / consistency / availability.

I try to be objective in my videos and posts. Like my latest video showed an Envy getting turned over some in a strong headwind, and I tell people its not a Zone, because it isn't. Even if some people want to hear that it is.

That being said I like this idea, as long as the person doing the testing could be objective and not give a negative review based on their perceptions of things other than the disc (MVP, their fans etc.).

.....and that is why I've never been a critic of your videos. The are very objective, and show what the disc does sans all the other BS. I've never been an MVP "hater". I just have a difficult time sorting out the facts from the fiction. I get frustrated by it, so I troll the people that contribute to it.

That's one of the reasons I like your posts, is I see that in them. I get annoyed by some of the MVP fans too and have called some of them out through PM's before, because I think after a point its just too much.

Sometimes I learn about a new mold the same time as all of you, and I don't like sorting through 10 pages of speculation to find the one nugget of fact either. I know to some people its fun.....I guess I just miss DGR.

haha; yeah, i read that DGR thread about DGCR. fun stuff.

even though i'm still new to the sport, i've absorbed a ton of info from DGR - most of what has gotten me better, actually; very helpful - and while this forum gets a little ridiculous pretty often, it's nice when threads like this one pop up. plenty of good folks around.

DGR seems to be a better repository on established technique and information whereas this one seems to be where to go for current knowledge. mike, you have contributed by bringing a rock solid foundation into videos that are accessible to everyone on here, which is why you get swarmed sometimes. i haven't been around long, but i haven't seen any truly demonstrative footage from anyone else.

thank you, bros, for posting up this Q&A and staying classy.

i want a video of that teebird being thrown now.

That being said I like this idea, as long as the person doing the testing could be objective and not give a negative review based on their perceptions of things other than the disc (MVP, their fans etc.).

So glad you posted this.

Unfortunately, finding someone (who is a decent golfer) who could be 100% objective is nearly impossible. I think you do a pretty good job at it, but you obviously have some bias.

Awesome Q and A, awesome new venture with Axiom, awesome choice to sponsor Mike C, and hopefully awesome year for me as I huk more overmolded delights.

Also, as an after thought, awesome trolling...stop, Hammer Time!

I don't think he is suggesting adding people that already dislike MVP to the tester team. I think he is suggesting using people that don't have the super-fan bias.

I just don't see the harm in having UNBIASED testers testing the product for honest reviews, not sure what the other guy is on about as I didn't mention anything about letting trolls/haters test the product.

This is coming from someone who doesn't have an opinion either way on MVP, who just enjoys trying new discs. I actually got my first MVP mold not too long back (mike c servo) and I really like the disc for forehand rolls and flicks. I also have a lot of friends who drive with anodes/ions on some of my areas shorter courses,

Why does every MVP thread have to evolve into fanboys vs dgcr? Lets all hug and move towards meaningful discussion.

Cheers

.....and that is why I've never been a critic of your videos. The are very objective, and show what the disc does sans all the other BS. I've never been an MVP "hater". I just have a difficult time sorting out the facts from the fiction. I get frustrated by it, so I troll the people that contribute to it.

The irony being that in trolling those people you contribute to the difficulty of finding the info we come here to find.

I get annoyed with those people also, but I think Mike's approach is best.

Why does every MVP thread have to evolve into fanboys vs dgcr?
Especially this thread, which had some good info it, and no over the top fanboy drooling. It's unfortunate that the trolls just can't help themselves. I guess you don't blame a dog for peeing on a fire hydrant, so can't blame a troll for crapping all over an MVP thread.
The irony being that in trolling those people you contribute to the difficulty of finding the info we come here to find. I get annoyed with those people also, but I think Mike's approach is best.
Originally directed at Hammer, and quoted for truth!

Funny that the "troll" who wants decent information gets called out for being a nuisance but not the fanboy who's blowing smoke.

No one is calling him out for asking for info. Just for relentlessly trolling Aim and In4d. We have called them out too in other threads.

Back on topic now?

A question I wish i asked/was answered if someone else asked it:

Will there be an Axiom (or MVP) putter WITHOUT a curved inner rim? Sole reason I don't throw Ions anymore:|

^It has a straight rim?

Shame it's beefy, I'm a neutral putter kinda guy - Magnet, Aviar P&A, APX etc.

I'm actually rather hopeful this thread will be referenced in other threads to mitigate some of the trolling/bs speculation. Although there will always be the classic "Gyro Effectiveness" and "Every new fairway driver is the new and improved Tbird" arguments.

^It has a straight rim?

Well the relevant info in there for you would be that the Envy has a new core -- and with that new core, you can reasonably expect some models besides the Envy. Maybe one of those future models would have the stability you're looking for.

^It has a straight rim?

Axiom probably has the more understable version of the Envy in the works.

Edit: Zam beat me to it.

Well the relevant info in there for you would be that the Envy has a new core -- and with that new core, you can reasonably expect some models besides the Envy. Maybe one of those future models would have the stability you're looking for.

Axiom probably has the more understable version of the Envy in the works.

Edit: Zam beat me to it.

Guys.

Guys.

Is the rim straight? lolololol