• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official PDGA St. Jude Disc Golf Charity Invitational Thread

Eh, screw the negativity. Some great golf was played on a gorgeous, challenging course. And more importantly, a nice chunk of money was raised for a great cause. I personally don't care about anything other than those two facts.

I'm not sure "cool" is the word but it was entertaining to see holes so challenging that even Paul McBeth was trying to make shots outside of his "confidence" window. Just like us duffers, even Paul McBeth can only make 50% of those "past your limitations" kind of shots. The only difference is it takes huge distance, huge wind and really risky greens to push these top guys to the breaking point.

Does anyone know if there was an entry fee? Did the players just have to agree to fund raise for St. Jude and whatever they raised was their entry fee? If that is true, where did the money for the prize pool. If this is how it was set up, it seems pretty sweet to only have to donate a $10.00 entry fee to win $306.00? Seems like a win-win!

Again, I don't know how it was set up.

There is no judgement here. You can't expect all the players to raise money for this specific charity. Some players may already be supporting other charities and charity events with their time and money. I know many top players are donating their time and effort to other causes and events. Not all forms of giving involve donating cash.

No one can force anyone to volunteer, because as by definition, it is voluntary.

Does anyone know if there was an entry fee? Did the players just have to agree to fund raise for St. Jude and whatever they raised was their entry fee? If that is true, where did the money for the prize pool. If this is how it was set up, it seems pretty sweet to only have to donate a $10.00 entry fee to win $306.00? Seems like a win-win!

Again, I don't know how it was set up.

There is no judgement here. You can't expect all the players to raise money for this specific charity. Some players may already be supporting other charities and charity events with their time and money. I know many top players are donating their time and effort to other causes and events. Not all forms of giving involve donating cash.

No one can force anyone to volunteer, because as by definition, it is voluntary.

Take a click over to the FAQ section of www.stjudediscgolf.com http://www.stjudediscgolf.com/#!faq/c1etp

Video footage of said tourney...

I watched a bit of the video footage from prodigy and jomez were you can obviously see after a drive their footing was compromised and they looked and kicked the turf in disdain. Also on those videos there were multiple times you can hear subtly the pros talking about the teepads and footing issues.

Obviously limitations will apply when playing on a ball golf course not setup specifically for disc golf.

Latest posts