• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Offseason Bag Rebuilding

bigegan18

I've been playing for five years and am looking to rebuild my bag during the offseason this year. I'm looking to make my bag simpler, I've been throwing a lot of different molds but would like to reduce my bag to the discs I really like and use the most. Currently this is how my bag looks after doing some rebuilding and any suggestions would be great.

Drivers
Z Surge - my go-to driver
Z Nuke - similar to Surge, but can go farther
Z Avenger SS - for understable drives and rollers
Z Predator - utility driver

Midranges
Z Hornet - probably my most favorite midrange
Ti Buzzz - straight flyer with slight fade at the end
Z Comet - for finesse hyzer, anhyzer and straight shots

Putters
Soft X Banger GT - go-to putter
FLX Challenger - for short upshots

How far are you throwing your drivers?

You are missing fairway/control type drivers. If you're stuck on Discraft, I'd suggest not being stuck on Discraft and trying some other brands. For stable try: Teebird, Gazelle, Eagle, Rival. For understable try: Leopard, FD, River, JLS, Patriot, etc. etc. Failing that you might like a Stalker, Cyclone, or XL.

I ran a similar bag for years. I had preds beat in for a lot of control shots. If you dont, I would reccomend a avenger in place of your surge to span the gap between your control go to driver and your nuke more.
I dont know what kind of control you have over your surge, but I have never been one to carry two molds that excel in max D and not much else, which is how the surge/nuke flys for me.

I think your bag is simple enough for someone that's been playing 5 years. If you're trying to make it simpler I would suggest dropping the Buzzz & Hornet and replace them with a Wasp. The Wasp / Comet combo is very good IMO. Super high speed drivers are always an area that I felt good about dropping so if you had to lose one I'd say it would be the Nuke.

Like was mentioned before, get yourself a Stalker. It would make a great compliment to your Predator.

Pick up a stalker, xl or esp cyclone. You could drop the avenger ss for a beat surge. Esp surges actually make mean rollers (for distance).

I prefer the xl for a pred compliment, its good from everything from sweeping hyzers to straight as a needle (even in a minor headwind) to annys and rollers.

Latest posts