• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Meet Thread

ohio meet 2011

• Gordon Holton / Alum Creek / Brent Hambrick

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Deis Hill / Arboretum-Spiker Park / Lincoln Park

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Buck Creek / Handyman Ace Hardware DGC / Belmont Park

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Pickerington DGC / Flat Rock DGC / Hocking Peaks

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Brent Hambrick / Lobdell Reserve / Horns Hill

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
I will potentially be there dependent on the date and place, but haven't voted or anything because my schedule is always subject to change at a moments notice!

I say go ahead and vote. I'm sure that's the case for a lot of the people. Plans change, things come up, hell some people are probably in the exact same boat, and won't be able to come depending on the date.

Random date is fine for me since I'm pretty bad about being able to lock anything in to the schedule myself. Heck; have been trying to get out to play with Agapedad, Brall, Cfair, mikeC and some others before and it just has never worked out.

lol Well, if I keep playing like I did this last weekend, you guys will thank me for not coming out. Been all over the place and short a lot with the occasional surprise long throw, usually when it is way too much for the basket. Makes for a long round.

lol Well, if I keep playing like I did this last weekend, you guys will thank me for not coming out. Been all over the place and short a lot with the occasional surprise long throw, usually when it is way too much for the basket. Makes for a long round.
sounds like a typical round for me :p
I'm varying 8 or more strokes between rounds on the same course, in the same week.

Im normally not great at Roscoe but I usually shoot around +15 if you go all par 3s. This weekend it was +20 and +25 lol

Im normally not great at Roscoe but I usually shoot around +15 if you go all par 3s. This weekend it was +20 and +25 lol

Roscoe has a way of making you feel like everything is wrong with your game, especially when the pins are in the longs. It can be a very demanding course, even though some holes look so simple. Last time I played there was the tourney the Jenkins ran in April, pins were long, and lots of OB markers were added, even though we played from the shorts it still played tough.

Yeah Usually I gain a bunch of strokes on putting. They put them on the long and you get in the rough early, you pick up strokes quick. At least they didn't move 3 out on that little landing strip with a drop off a foot or 2 away on any side besides the left approaching area. That was rough.

Roscoe has a way of making you feel like everything is wrong with your game, especially when the pins are in the longs. It can be a very demanding course, even though some holes look so simple. Last time I played there was the tourney the Jenkins ran in April, pins were long, and lots of OB markers were added, even though we played from the shorts it still played tough.

What divison? I DFL'd Rec :(
Shot +13 and +14 with no birds either round after parking half my practice holes :doh:

Also, in regard to the date, who all thinks they will be able to do a weekend thing, and who thinks they will just be able to make it for one day?

I have started to compile a list of people that are maybes at this point and I can add and remove people as well go. If anyone hasn't posted, make yourself known.

If it's a date I can make it, I plan on an overnighter. My tent will sleep at least 4. I don't bite and carry no communicable disease (at this time :D)

So I take it you won't be at Ottawa Park Sunday to collect your winnings from the winter series? :CaptainObvioussmiley:

Ha, ha. Nahhh I got there. I also had a $10 gift certificate for the Shed so it was worth my while to go. Didn't play though. Yeah that was tough going to a tournament and not playing. My next tourney will probably be Back to the Hills. Not real happy about the $8 per car to go to park though.

Oh and making it a weekend would be awesome if we could do it in September. 2nd or 3rd weekend because then I won't have to be around here for the dumb old fair. ;)

im down and im guessin the stray will make me ride with him..september sounds sweeet..id like both days ..and if we do option numero uno me and the stray could stay at my aunts and play with her fish tank...muhahahaha

As long as i have a few months advance notice, it should not be a problem for me to make this event. Since am a reborn DGenerate, I will probably be into playing both days. Not sure if I will make camp or hole up in a seedy motel somewhere. Put me down for a 2XL shirt.

Pumped about the outing. Thanks roadtripstuff for sending the message. Excited to know when the date is so I can carve out a one day adventure.

Latest posts