• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] OK I was breaking in a dx Teebird when I did this....

Yes it is my form unfortunately or not throwing hard enough for the disc yet. I still need a little work.

If that was your only problem, then the disc would fade left pretty hard. Throwing it faster will not make it go straighter if it is already going right. Right now, the harder you throw it, the farther right it will go.

Don't sweat it, everyone has some kind of trouble starting out.

I think the new DX palstic sucks really bad and is very prone to these kinds of dings. That being said I love old DX plastic that has been beat in. The new stuff is just Crap IMO. I threw a new DX teebird into a tree on the first round and did the same thing. It didn't effect the flight but I hit lots of trees and didn't want more big dings like that so I gave it to a little kid on the course. I will not buy new DX palstic untill they fix it, if they ever do. I just get pre beat old ones online now and they work great and hold up a lot beter.

Just be happy it wasn't this :(

IMAG0058.jpg

Funny that that Teebird used to be called "Ultra Long Range Driver" and now it is just called "Fairway Driver" :)

Well DX Teebird is 2nd longest disc ever throw (something like 810 feet by Ken Jarvis) behind DX Valk by Sandstrom (about 820 feet).

Waiting for someone to break Sandstrom's record...

I used to like DX Teebird but kinda gave up due to break in too fast/easy so I settle with light Star Teebird and River.

If that was your only problem, then the disc would fade left pretty hard. Throwing it faster will not make it go straighter if it is already going right. Right now, the harder you throw it, the farther right it will go.

Don't sweat it, everyone has some kind of trouble starting out.

Yeah I have good rounds and bad. Hopefully cutting down on the little mistakes will help. I'm better than five months ago so eventually I figure it will come.

I think the new DX palstic sucks really bad and is very prone to these kinds of dings. That being said I love old DX plastic that has been beat in. The new stuff is just Crap IMO. I threw a new DX teebird into a tree on the first round and did the same thing. It didn't effect the flight but I hit lots of trees and didn't want more big dings like that so I gave it to a little kid on the course. I will not buy new DX palstic untill they fix it, if they ever do. I just get pre beat old ones online now and they work great and hold up a lot beter.

yeah i prefer to throw the older bar stamps..that dx plastic is buttah.. i wont throw the new flight number runs but the others arent too bad

@cunn ... yeah it sounds like you might throwing it too hard.. some great threads on form on here .. just try slowing things down a lil bit

Just be happy it wasn't this :(

IMAG0058.jpg

I had a Cobra(1st golf disc) that looked just like that! Melted it back together with a soldering gun, sharpied stitches on the scar, and threw 'Frankendisc' well for another 6 months until I nailed another tree. Now has place of honor on wall. :)

Yeah that would suck. At least the dx plastic can be fixed. That one looks older though - I hope that's not a rare expensive one.

Friend of mine has had it for years, hardly every played though. I just stole it from him and started using it. Within ~1 month use, it did that. Maybe a month and a half. I'm not a collector and have no desire to be, discs are made to be thrown. Picked up a new dx teebird and it flies the same, that's all I care about.

I'm the same way. I don't collect discs either - I'd rather throw them. I may, however, start retiring some discs such as my Rock-it. Its actually not a bad disc and was the first disc I ever bought to throw.

I had a Cobra(1st golf disc) that looked just like that! Melted it back together with a soldering gun, sharpied stitches on the scar, and threw 'Frankendisc' well for another 6 months until I nailed another tree. Now has place of honor on wall. :)

Hahaha that's awesome. Frankendisc. lol

We found a disc on the course one time that had obviously been runover by a lawnmower. Needless to say it flew like a pancake

DX Teebs are great for annys out of the box. You have to put them on the line, but they'll hold it when new far better than star or champ.

So if I'm understanding this correctly then a Teebird beats into a TL in time. Or is that inaccurate?
I don't think they do. TB's stay really straight as they beat in and TL's get more turn. TL's will hold a shallow turnover line a lot better where TB's will turn a lot harder if you turn them just a bit too much.

Latest posts