• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OK, so how do you really get better with putting?

From my limited experience it is not the best idea to try to exactly replicate someone eles's putting style. IMO it is more about finding your own style. I tried the Feldberg push put for a while and had some of the same problems you seem to be having. So I watched a bunch more vids and tried a bunch of different Pro's styles. None of them worked that great. Then I watched the putting confidence vid on the discraft sight. I found that I needed to find my own groove/routine. I use a combination of push and spin putting and it is working great for me.

I want to hit on this for a minute. I think there is a great value in practicing with someone else's putting for a little while. My putting improved a lot when I switched from push dominant to spin dominant. However my current spin put would not be where it is without playing around with the push. I think for everyone learning to use spin elements and push elements will only make your putting better. As for which to use, you have to work that out. But Feldberg's style isn't the only one out there.

Work on short stuff like 10' first and lots of them.

Find your own style and do the same motion over and over.

When you can make 99% from 10' move back to 15' and so on.

I am putting with confidence out to about 25' now and hitting 85-90% of those putts. My scors have droped significantly in the last two months.

^this

Last edited:
The key for me was buying a basket. All the practice has made most putts rote for me. Muscle memory takes over. I still miss occasionally but not nearly as often and nerves never cause me to miss because it's all muscle memory.

i watched that confidence putting video earlier today, and i went out and put down about 15 minutes of putts in an attempt to build my putting self-esteem, gotta say it was helpful practice. also, im telling myself "im going to make this putt" and its really satisfying when you do. i hope i can get out there often enough to feel like I am following the program.

Latest posts