• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2016 - DGCR'S 8th Annual dye competition!

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer

30470800241_bcb14c66e9_o.png

----- DGCourseReview's 8th Annual Okthrowberfest -----

The best dyers. The biggest payout. Hands down the best annual disc golf dye contest anywhere!

--- click here to see last year's entries and results ---

A little late this year, but this will still be a fantastic show and an incredible prize pool!

All you need to do to enter is to dye a disc with your interpretation of what you think OKTHROWBERFEST could represent -- the changing seasons, the scariest of Halloween horrors, German beer festivals -- use your imagination!

Anyone can enter -- maximum TWO entries.

No sharpie art, paint, etc -- All discs entered must be a legally dyed disc(no added weight).

Submit your dyes by sending an email to [email protected] with the title "Okthrowberfest entry".
Please include:
-- a clean and clear picture of your disc,
-- the title of your entry,
-- your DGCR name,
-- your real name,
-- your address to ship prizes to.

Entries will be finalized Monday November 14th, at 3AM Eastern(midnight Pacific), followed by voting through an open thread to determine the winners.

Please keep in mind, there is NO ENTRY FEE. This contest is supported and made possible by the generosity of individual donors and some incredible sponsors. Please support those who support dyers and the contest! (full sponsorship list and detail will be posted with the dyes after the entry deadline)

Payout will stretch deep into the field, as always!

In addition, three lucky entrants will win a disc of choice out of my personal dye inventory -- Three winners will be chosen at random just for entering, and will have a plethora of fantastic dye canvasses to choose from, including but not limited to:
Cryztal clears,
uber pearly white Champion/ Z-type plastics,
snow white Star/ESP-type plastics,
bottom-stamps,
and all variations of glow plastics

Get your fingers flexed and your blades sharpened --- I have no doubt that year EIGHT will be the best Okthrowberfest we've ever seen!

SEND YOUR ENTRY/S IN AN EMAIL TO [email protected] BY 3AM EASTERN TIME ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 14TH--- I will post them all together after the deadline so everybody can vote on them all at once.

Don't go chucking up your entries in the Dye-A-Day thread!

GOOD LUCK!

If you'd like to donate, anything at all is welcomed and appreciated! Cash is a HUGE help to cover the shipping costs of distributing the prizes, but anything is always a big help --- discs, swag, clothing, gear, gift certificates, anything you can think of!

Nice!!! Can't wait to see the dyes this year...

also, looking through my stash and what-not to see what I can donate as well :thmbup:

Hey all... so far we have one submission. If there are others that are in process with their dyes... please let us know that you are working on it.

I'm going to go jump off a bridge if there is only one submission this year... :|

:serious,not serious smiley:

;)

I'm done, just been contemplating whether to try to take a better pic. I'll send it in soon.

Also still have a huge box of donations, but I borrowed someone my tape for glow and haven't gotten it back. I'll get that sent out by the weekend too.

Nice! C'mon you dyers... let's get some submissions...

WE LOVE OKTHROWBERFEST!!!

(yes, I know I'm a little hyper :))

I'm a horrible procrastinator, so I'm still working on one with another drawn out. They will be in by the zero hour. Also, I still need to go by Gateway and send in some donations. We are re doing our basement, so I haven't been able to get much free time. I work best under pressure, so hopefully it will all come together.

I've got two in-process. Have to get the old record player out to finish. I'll find time next week to get my submissions in.

I think you could add the sharpie work for an honorable mention... but not for the contest officially... ;)

sorry for the late response...

I will be adding 2 dyes to the competition this year. Couldn't miss 2 years in a row.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what everyone else is submitting for the competition. Going to be a great year.

Latest posts