• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oldest Driver in Da Bag?

The oldest Driver in my bag is how old

• Total voters

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Been thinking of how often I have been losing discs lately and the frustration of dumping so much cash into discs I am losing before I even break them in. It's enough to drive a guy to DX. So I was wondering what is the oldest driver in your bag. I don't think mine make it past a few months..maybe it's my game or maybe the difficulty of the courses I play or a combo of both...just wondering.

I don't know if you are counting fairway drivers, but I've had my first disc(Star Leopard) for 1 1/2 - 2 years now. If you're only counting distance drivers I've had my Rouge for a couple months(Its the first distance driver I ever bought, though).

I change them out so often its hard to tell which is the oldest. My yellow Star Teebird is probably the oldest one actually in the bag at about 15 months or so. I have a couple Avengers in my backup box which are maybe 3+ years old.

I have had my Star TeeRex, which I received from a friend, for almost as long as I have been playing (15 months).

150 class gazelle from 1998. It has actually been replaced by a new one but saying a couple months is lame when you have an 11yo driver.

I have an old Avair putter that is about 16 yrs old.

I also had a Moray that was stolen from me at Oak Grove a few months ago. That disc was probably 20+ yrs old, my best roller, and my favorite disc.

I've only been playing a year, so no good stories about the disc I've has since I was 12.

having not really played since 2000/2001(until about a month ago), all my discs are from pre-1998. Actually, I just bought 2 more Magnets, so I can practice putting during my lunch break. but every other disc is +10 years old

I'm usually lucky about finding mine when thrown into the woods though.

I still use my very First Wizard I ever bought. It isn't in the bag every round but is always there on my home course.

It is prob. along the lines of 2 and a half years. It is a white disc but is now a very brown color.

Patent pending Aero (it was a driver when I bought it), gotta be about 24 years old, it's older than alot of the folks I play with.

I have an old Avair putter that is about 16 yrs old.

I also had a Moray that was stolen from me at Oak Grove a few months ago. That disc was probably 20+ yrs old, my best roller, and my favorite disc.

Wow, a Moray, I'd forgotten about them. They were like a second generation Stingray, weren't they?

having not really played since 2000/2001(until about a month ago), all my discs are from pre-1998. Actually, I just bought 2 more Magnets, so I can practice putting during my lunch break. but every other disc is +10 years old

I'm usually lucky about finding mine when thrown into the woods though.
Same story here. Got a dog, bought a house, suffered a series of minor nagging injuries, met a girl, and the next thing I know its been over 10 year since I've played...

Been going at it hard the last month and a half trying to get myself back in the shape I was in back in the 90s. I never lost a disc back in the day, but last night I lost whatever the 1991 Innova equivilent of an Eclipse was. It wasn't a great disc or any kind of super distance kind of thing, but I had so much time with it back in the day, I knew exactly where I could put that thing every time.

...well, until hole 16 at Indianapolis' Brookside Park last night...:(

Its like I lost an old friend...

I still have the Eclipse that seemed to be identical in design to the disc I lost to answer the question, as well as a Whippet, 2 Scorpions, and a Raven. These discs last a lot longer when you don't use them, but I don't plan on letting that happen anymore!

Nah, the Moray was a later disc. '96 or so maybe? I'm too lazy to look it up. It came out about the same time as the Pegasus. So it could have been an old disc, but it was probably more like 13 years old.

i think the Flick or FLX Surge i bought last summer is the oldest currently in the bag - nothing too exciting

Typically like you I seem to lose my drivers before I wear them out or replace them. Most of my drivers are Champ plastic and hold up well. I have a few that are a year old and are doing well. Otherwise I will lose them and have to get replaced.

My XL is the disc for all of my overhand shots...I could have made this about 9 years had I not lost my original one in Jersey a few years back....dirty Jersey!

well my wolf does technically say fairway driver on it and it's about 7-8 years old so I guess that's what I'll go with. All my other drivers are only a few months old though.

Latest posts