• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

In my opinion, the 1.1 and 1.3 SOLF are similar in that they have either a bit more turn or less fade. The 1.2 and 1.4 are more overstable out of the box, with the 1.4 breaking in straighter.

Could just be my experience. The 1.2 SOLF was my favorite driver, then the 1.4 came along and I stocked up on them.

That said, recently I came across a team stamp 1.3 and have really connected with it, it isn't overstable but can hold any line it is thrown on.

Some guys are huge fans of the 1.1, I used to throw a 167 1.1 for understable duties, but never beat another one in that far.

In my opinion, the 1.1 and 1.3 SOLF are similar in that they have either a bit more turn or less fade. The 1.2 and 1.4 are more overstable out of the box, with the 1.4 breaking in straighter.

Could just be my experience. The 1.2 SOLF was my favorite driver, then the 1.4 came along and I stocked up on them.

That said, recently I came across a team stamp 1.3 and have really connected with it, it isn't overstable but can hold any line it is thrown on.

Some guys are huge fans of the 1.1, I used to throw a 167 1.1 for understable duties, but never beat another one in that far.

Good info! I actually picked up some OLS's recently because my OLF's are just too beefy at my current power level. OLS/OLF is such a fantastic combo, it's pretty crazy that they don't get more love but they don't have a Mcbeast/Brody or trilogy hype machine behind them either

Picked up this SOLF at piag this afternoon. Feels nice and flat like my 1.3 MOLF's. Pretty sure its a 1.2 though the stamp is too worn to see. Anyone thrown these?

Attachments

• F82C715F-9967-491D-BC12-E1C262D4CCA1.jpg
    F82C715F-9967-491D-BC12-E1C262D4CCA1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 52
Picked up this SOLF at piag this afternoon. Feels nice and flat like my 1.3 MOLF's. Pretty sure its a 1.2 though the stamp is too worn to see. Anyone thrown these?

I love my 1.2 SOLF, though have heard others say they don't like them.

My main driver off the Tee is the 1.3 Quantums.
I have bagged the 1.4 & 1.5 Quantums as well.

Now I am seeing a new run of Quantums, the stamp looks to be changed slightly, among other things, there is no run numbers, looks like flight numbers instead. Has anyone thrown these yet? I presume this must be run 1.6... any feedback on the flight?

My main driver off the Tee is the 1.3 Quantums.
I have bagged the 1.4 & 1.5 Quantums as well.

Now I am seeing a new run of Quantums, the stamp looks to be changed slightly, among other things, there is no run numbers, looks like flight numbers instead. Has anyone thrown these yet? I presume this must be run 1.6... any feedback on the flight?

Haven't thrown any of the new runs. There's a new MOLF run out as well, which is my preferred flavor of OLF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been trying out SOLFs again lately and just picked up a few at a local shop. How long have they been embossing the run number instead of stamping it? Mine were from 1.6 and were pretty flat. I like the flight though, I have been looking for something a little mellower than a thunderbird and I think these are going to cut it.

Haven't thrown any of the new runs. There's a new MOLF run out as well, which is my preferred flavor of OLF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some of the newer yellow 1.3 MOLF, even newer light blue 1.4 MOLF.

I love the yellow 1.3s, but the light blue 1.4s are quite stiff, I like them with a little more give on the flight plate.

I have been trying out SOLFs again lately and just picked up a few at a local shop. How long have they been embossing the run number instead of stamping it? Mine were from 1.6 and were pretty flat. I like the flight though, I have been looking for something a little mellower than a thunderbird and I think these are going to cut it.

It's interesting you point that out, I had not noticed both the Orion LF and the run number is embossed.

I see it on my 1.4 MOLF.

I don't have any Sirius or Quantum new enough to have the embossing.

Based on my purchases I would guess the embossing has only been happening this year on the Orions.

Most recent SOLF I have is a 1.4, I'll have to check if it's embossed

My 1.4 SOLF is not embossed. I love my 1.3 SOLF and 1.4. Thinking about picking up a 1.3 MOLF. How do they compare? Since they're innova's "pro" plastic I'd assume they're more mild than their premium counterparts?

My 1.4 SOLF is not embossed. I love my 1.3 SOLF and 1.4. Thinking about picking up a 1.3 MOLF. How do they compare? Since they're innova's "pro" plastic I'd assume they're more mild than their premium counterparts?

I find the 1.3 MOLF to be about the perfect pro plastic. Flexible flight plate and grippy. Starts a bit overstable but beats in pretty quick.

On the other hand the 1.4 MOLF is stiffer than I like, it also starts bit overstable, but mine has not really beat in at all yet.

For reference I currently have 3 of the 1.3 MOLF and 4 of the 1.4 MOLF.

So are the newer Sirius Orion LFs that I'm seeing without the run number on the front still 1.4s or are they some other newer run?

My latest have no run on the front but are embossed 1.6 on the back. I think the 1.5 were the swirly run that was pretty limited, but I could be wrong.

I would agree with this statement, I have not bought a new run Sirius in the last few months, but with the others I have bought, once the run number is removed from the stamp and it shows flight numbers on the stamp instead, you should see run numbers embossed on the back.

I haven't thrown an olf regularly in about 10 years so I probably won't be the most useful here, but I have some of the 1.6 and I have some x-out solfs from marshall street which I have no idea what run they are. The 1.6 are moderately overstable and I can rip it hard and it shows no turn but still wants to fly. The x-outs have a little dome and some turn right out of the box so the 1.6 are beefier than whatever run those are. The 1.6 is not quite new star thunderbird overstable, but it doesn't seem too far off. *sample size of 2.

I usually carry a zipper top SOF and a 1.2. The 1.2 is more for wind shots and the zipper top is more for hyzer flip straight shots. I have a lot of zipper tops but no more fresh 1.2s and so I am looking for something that can handle moderate wind.
1.2s are magic even in a stiff wind. Reliable and they keep pushing forward.

I'm pretty sure the SOLF x-outs at Marshall street are the 1.4 run

I haven't thrown anything more current than those.

Anyone new to the OLF game, if you can get your hands on the 1.3 in Millennium plastic, that run is money. Perfect, flexible pro plastic and they molded up nice and flat. Almost feels like a firebird in in the hand it's so flat.

I'm pretty sure the SOLF x-outs at Marshall street are the 1.4 run

I haven't thrown anything more current than those.

Anyone new to the OLF game, if you can get your hands on the 1.3 in Millennium plastic, that run is money. Perfect, flexible pro plastic and they molded up nice and flat. Almost feels like a firebird in in the hand it's so flat.

Shhhh you gotta keep them a secret. JK though, I bought one of your recommendation and I'm going to try it out today. I have 3 OLF's in the bag right now which is complete overkill since they're all very new. I just have never found a mold I like this much and throw them every chance I can.

Latest posts