• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One disc rounds

I've been trying out some mids I've acquired this fall/winter as 1 disc rounds; the conditions have been less than ideal by a large margin, snow that melted into ice covered with snow, so crap footing to try anything new, but anyhoo.

I've played DX Cobra, D Buzzz, and S MD2 this week; gonna do Ibex, Warship, and Fuse next.

Cobra impressed me for its straight flight and ability to throw anhyzers; the disc flies in slow motion - D Buzzz for its grip, distance, and potential for hyzers - MD2 deserves a 2nd chance, because it was slippery as hell out there, and I couldn't do a thing, but I threw one from the bike path nearby instead of the snow, and it soared - made a birdie with it.

I'm enjoying mids a lot. have added 50' or so since I started playing last summer with just my beat-in Sharks. Some really do help you clean up your form.

Had a blast playing a two-discer with a Fuse and Spike last weekend. Even in the wind, given enough hyzer the Fuse can hold its own. It is quickly becoming my go-to, and I wouldn't hesitate to play a one-disc round with it now.

Had a blast playing a two-discer with a Fuse and Spike last weekend. Even in the wind, given enough hyzer the Fuse can hold its own. It is quickly becoming my go-to, and I wouldn't hesitate to play a one-disc round with it now.

I've had the Fuse in the bag a few times and love it. Understable and me are like peas in a pod.

I've had the Fuse in the bag a few times and love it. Understable and me are like peas in a pod.

Same here. It's been really good for my form. In the field with it today, I turned it and burned it a couple times with some OAT. A couple other solid pulls on it put it out deep. Really liking the GL. Had Opto before, but for some reason I am liking the GL version better.

Same here. It's been really good for my form. In the field with it today, I turned it and burned it a couple times with some OAT. A couple other solid pulls on it put it out deep. Really liking the GL. Had Opto before, but for some reason I am liking the GL version better.

I have a TM version which has great cold weather grip. It's beating in pretty quickly, but boy is it money on a hyzer flip - the glide is off the charts compared to the other mids I've thrown.

But yeah, try and muscle it and you don't go far - I feel it has been instructional the same way folks say the Comet is.

Fuse is a great disc when not too beat-in.. Only disc I ever parked hole 18 at Hyland and it was beautiful. 180g opto which flew for days on a hyzer-flip. Axis in my bag now but not quite the same. Fuse is a great disc!

Realllllllly excited for the MVP tangent- almost looks like a pure/fuse or workable buzzz.. MMMM

all of these replies and no one mentions the best single golf disc ever, so I guess I'll be the first.

Comet, far and away the only disc I'd want to use for a one disc round.

DX Gator for me. If the course were an average of 50ft shorter I'd go KC Pro Aviar but I just can't get it far enough for a 300-400ft course

Comet, far and away the only disc I'd want to use for a one disc round.

Iconbarf.gif

i have used a champion aviar or a flx glow buzzz and an led for single disc night rounds. i'd use my semi-beat kc pro roc these days for any distance during the day.

Realllllllly excited for the MVP tangent- almost looks like a pure/fuse or workable buzzz.. MMMM

Had a chance to throw the Tangent yesterday in the field, and it is more along the lines of a workable Buzzz than a Fuse. More stable than the Fuse, holds lines well and has a lot of glide. I am more comfortable with the Fuse right now, but the Tangent would be great to hand to a beginner to learn with.

Played in a variable 8 to 16 inches on quite hilly city park course today. Easier to go no bag, but chickened out on one disc and went with a Karma-Drone-Roc hand carry. Played safe and stayed on top. Nothing lost and minimal time searching.

all of these replies and no one mentions the best single golf disc ever, so I guess I'll be the first.

Eagle, far and away the only disc I'd want to use for a one disc round.

FTFY.

At least for a 300-400 foot course. Shorter I'd want something else, but when I started playing all I had was a DX Eagle, and I used to win against guys who'd been playing for years. For me the Eagle can do BH, FH, or thumber, will hold it's own in the wind, and is totally predictable. There is no other disc I'd be as comfortable using on a longer course.

Shorter course I'd use my Ti Buzzz.